Is it necessary to schedule airport transportation ahead of time?

georgiapeach60

Mouseketeer
Do you really have to pre schedule transportation from the airport to WDW and back again ahead of time or can you just wing it when your there? What is the down side to not scheduling a ride to and from the airport and WDW or UA?

Georgiapeach60, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you want Mears, you book that when you arrive at the airport. If you want a Towncar to pick you up, you need to arrange that in advance, but pay for it when you get picked up. A taxi can be picked up at the airport without advance calling.

It all depends on how you want to travel to the world.

I am a very anal planner, so even when we used to use Mears, I had that all planned before our trip (I used the coupons that Disney used to send...not sure if they send 'em any more). Now we use a towncar from Happy Limo, and I typically book them about a month in advance and then reconfirm a couple of days before our trip, after I re-confirm our flight information with the airline. For one spontaneous stop (we did an unplanned stop at WDW on the way home), we used a taxi...they will call one for you from the Disney hotels. But personally I like to have everything all reserved and ready to go.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter