Is it true that we are now on AKL LITE Six??!?! Yes, bah-LEE DAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finally all caught up from the other thread.

Brandi: That is funny what you son said and I agree. No leaving the US for you:lmao:

Wendy: Love the ultrasound pics of your grandbaby.

Yesterday Bob and I drove to Richmond (Chester, actually) to visit my very best friend from college. Do you think we had a good time? :goodvibes

th_IMAG0091-1.jpg

:goodvibes So sweet!

Good Morning Jamborinis and Kidanites!

:grouphug:

Good morning, Jamborinis and Kidanites! :sunny:

Good afternoon, ladies!

Yesterday Bob and I drove to Richmond (Chester, actually) to visit my very best friend from college. Do you think we had a good time? :goodvibes

IMAG0091-1.jpg
:goodvibes

Well it looks like our other list has ended.... No new logo for us....:sad1:

Bummer! We must work harder to stay under the radar for this one.;)

Hi Y'all - busy weekend and I miss the start of the new thread! ugh!
kimmar- happy belated birthday and anniversary!
congrats again Wendy!
Great pic Elin!

happy rest of weekend!

We're going to Kidani on Sept 27. Tell me all about it! We're in a 1 bedroom villa with a savannah view ( I requested that our TA mention Giraffes as it is my mom's favorite!)

It will be my DH and I, my mom and dad (late 50s) and my two sons, 3 1/2 and 15 months.

We will not have a car and plan to do AK and MNSSHP on day 1, DHS day 2, MK day 3, and Epcot day 4. Then, we take my parents to the airport, pick up MIL and spend 7 days offsite with an additional visit to Epcot and MNSSHP.

Suggestions, advice, pictures all welcome! I'm a little confused about the whole Jambo, ALK, Kidani and where all are. Thanks for any info. Its my 8th trip, but never stayed here, just ate at Boma once.

Thanks for answering RachelTori! What is the advantage of Zebra trail? :)

Zebra Trail is near the pool, restaurant, buses and also has lots of animals. I don't know yet which rooms are "Arusha View" so I'm not sure which rooms would be excluded for you & everyone who books "savanna view" :-)confused3) but many of us regulars have enjoyed Zebra Trail. :goodvibes

We're going to Kidani on Sept 27. Tell me all about it! We're in a 1 bedroom villa with a savannah view ( I requested that our TA mention Giraffes as it is my mom's favorite!)

It will be my DH and I, my mom and dad (late 50s) and my two sons, 3 1/2 and 15 months.

We will not have a car and plan to do AK and MNSSHP on day 1, DHS day 2, MK day 3, and Epcot day 4. Then, we take my parents to the airport, pick up MIL and spend 7 days offsite with an additional visit to Epcot and MNSSHP.

Suggestions, advice, pictures all welcome! I'm a little confused about the whole Jambo, ALK, Kidani and where all are. Thanks for any info. Its my 8th trip, but never stayed here, just ate at Boma once.

The building where you were for Boma - that's "Jambo House" the original AKL resort. DVC rooms were added there (5th & 6th floors) several years back, so Jambo has regular resort rooms and DVC Villas.

Kidani is next door (although about a 10 minute leisurely walk from Jambo) and all rooms are DVC Villas.

Restaurants at Jambo are Jiko (signature), Boma (buffet table service), The Mara (counter service). Victoria Falls is the bar/lounge at Jambo House. The pool is Uzima and there's a nice pool bar there.

There is one table service restaurant at Kidani - Sanaa (there's a bar/lounge in Sanaa); no counter service, but the pool bar by Kidani's awesome pool does serve food.

Guests at Jambo & Kidani are permitted to use the facilities at both resorts. :thumbsup2

Park buses pick up at Kidani first, then Jambo. Upon returning from the parks, they also drop off at Kidani first, then Jambo. You can hop a bus at Kidani to get to Jambo House.

The Downtown Disney bus picks up at Jambo House first, then Kidani. Return is the same - Jambo, then Kidani. You can hop the DTD bus at Jambo to get to Kidani.

If your TA requests "Sunset Savanna" you will see lots of giraffe. :thumbsup2 You might also request 2nd floor (which is lobby level at Kidani) in order to be closer to the animals. This way you would be looking across at them, rather than down on them.

HTHs! :)

IMAG0091-1.jpg

WOW !!! :goodvibes
Lovely photo !!! You both look GREAT !!! What a smile !!!!!
:woohoo::yay::dance3::woohoo::yay::dance3:

Happy week !! I'll "meet" my new students on Sept.12 !!! Can't wait !!! :banana:

Can I be added to the list????

Sept 22 to 25th AKV-kidani:yay:

August 8 to 17th, 2012 AKV-kidani:cool1:

Wow, I'm not on for a week and what do I find??? A new thread!!!

Yay, I found you!

I booked my AKV reservation for our family trip (6 of us, both sisters, 1 brother in law, one nephew and niece). I was able to get a dedicated 2 BR savanna view at Kidani. We are going with Kidani to get the extra bathroom.

Wow, I'm not on for a week and what do I find??? A new thread!!!

Yay, I found you!

I booked my AKV reservation for our family trip (6 of us, both sisters, 1 brother in law, one nephew and niece). I was able to get a dedicated 2 BR savanna view at Kidani. We are going with Kidani to get the extra bathroom.

We were wondering where you were. :confused3 The other thread got locked up late last night. :sad1:

YAY for your reservation! I'm sure more than once your family will be grateful for the extra bathroom! (wise choice!) :thumbsup2

Hello all. 12 days from now we will be getting ready to land at Orlando for our long weekend to visit DD. She has her work schedule and will be able to join us for dinner on the 24th. She believes that the 25th will be her normal day off and she has already taken off on the 26th.

My dad and step mom are driving up and we will have lunch on the 25th at Fultons. Somehow I screwed up and had canceled my Via Napoli reservations on my birthday (I couldn't figure out what I wanted for dinner and made like 10 different reservations). I was so bummed but I had a brillant thought today and made a lunch reservation for that day. My dinner right now is Captain's Grille but that may change. DD is going to look at the menu for Flying Fish (her roommate works there) to see if she would eat there and also to see if it is available that day for her CM discount. I have my fingers crossed that it is as I won't pay out of pocket to eat there without a discount.

Hello everyone, I'm a bit of a lurker on this thread. We are headed to Disney and staying at AKL for the first time. I'm have a bit of last minute anxiety, wondering if I made a mistake choosing this resort.

I'm reading some reviews that say it's too isolated, to much walking from point to point, that the buses are always packed and slow, etc.

Could you all be so kind as to tell my why our family will LOVE it?? Many thanks for the pep talk :grouphug:

Me and my family just spent 8 nights at AKL Jambo 4th floor pool view and we loved it. I too read all the negative things about the buses and we never had a problem. Epcot and HS...maybe 10 minutes with MK a few more. The longest ride was to Downtown Disney and it was about 17 minutes (yes, I clocked it). We didn't think it was isolated at all and for those that think so...let them stay somewhere else...their loss. We loved it so much that we are now DVC members and can call AKL our home resort.....:banana:

The resort is absolutely beautiful with so much to see and do and even just relax watching the animals or with a drink by the pool. I highly recommend to anyone! You made the right choice...enjoy!

Good Evening Jamborinis and Kidanites!

:wave2:

IMAG0091-1.jpg

Elin, what a great picture of Bob and your your friend. Bob looks fantanstic! What a great smile and twinkle in his eyes. :hug:

Angel16

WOW !!! :goodvibes
Lovely photo !!! You both look GREAT !!! What a smile !!!!!
:woohoo::yay::dance3::woohoo::yay::dance3:

Happy week !! I'll "meet" my new students on Sept.12 !!! Can't wait !!! :banana:

Laura - That isn't me. :goodvibes It's my friend, Anna Mary. Have fun with your new students!!

Jambo Everyone! Glad I found the new thread! Happy Birthday and Anniversary Kim! Elin - Bob looks great!! :thumbsup2

Laura - That isn't me. :goodvibes It's my friend, Anna Mary. Have fun with your new students!!

:confused3 OOOOPS !!
Anyway Bob looks SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY !! and I can imagine how :yay::yay::yay: YOU are !!

Have a good week ! How are your students doing ?

laura :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter