Is my timing right?

momto3gr8boys

DIS Veteran
We are doing the three night on the Dream in May. Since this is such a quick trip (which can't be extended), I am planning on booking a later flight back on the day we disembark (Sunday, May 12, 2013). I was hoping to rent a car at PC and drive over to DTD and then head back to the airport. So, I have a few questions to see how do-able this is.

1. If I am not using DME to go back to MCO, can I still check in for my flight at PC? We will be on JetBlue. I know in the past we checked in outside after claiming our luggage, but I'm not sure if times have changed and I am fairly certain we used Disney transportation in the past.

2. I looked to see which rental car places are nearby. It seems like Hertz and Budget are closest. Are there any others? And again, I have not rented a car at Disney in a long time, but back when we did, I am fairly certain the Budget was not at MCO. Is that correct?

So, assuming we can check our luggage, and get a shuttle over to a rental car place by 9:00 am, we would get to DTD around 10:30 - 11:00 and for an 8pm flight out of MCO we would need to leave the Disney area around 5:30-6, return the car and head home.

Does this sound feasible? Any other ideas on how this could work out more smoothly? I had considered Sea World or a day at the parks, etc. but we will be in WDW for 10 days in August, so I am just looking for something to do to extend our vacation a bit longer and not spend a ton of extra money. We are a family of five, if that matters in suggestions.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter