Is Sapphire Falls my only option?

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
I have a party of 5 - myself, 20 - GD BF, 18 - GD, 14- GS and 7 GD. I can't book 2 rooms in my name even though because I am paying at US because the age of the "adult" in the second room is only 20. Having to look for some place to stay that would allow for all 5 to have a separate sleeping areas would consider a roll away or air mattress. I really wanted the unlimited express passes but I can't justify the price of a hospitality suite + room at RP, kids suite doesn't have enough sleep areas. So is my only option Sapphire Falls - King suite with extra double room and buy unlimited passes? Not really interested in Cabana Bay (too large of resort)

You could just book a single double bed room, and get roll away, but that would give not much room to move around with at least two roll aways set up. Hard Rock has a suite that will fit all. I’d call and see what is available, and any discounts you can use. Yeah, party of five is more expensive, when you don’t have two aged adults that can be the lead for a room.

I think Sapphire Falls is your cheapest alternative for a suite. Cabana Bay regular family suites wouldn’t be big enough anyway for everyone to be comfortable. The Endless Summer suites would probably work as far as privacy for everyone but it’s definitely a large value resort.

How long are you staying? I ask because it still might make sense to book one night “throw away” room in the cheapest deluxe resort (in the names of 4 of you) you would get those 4 people free fast passes for two days, the day you check in and the day you check out. That way you would only have to outright purchase one express pass for the 5th person. Remember you are not actually staying in this room so the actual size of your group doesn’t matter. It’s usually cheaper than buying those 4 fast passes for two days. Or if any of the Deluxe resorts has a room available that will hold five, then you won’t need to buy the 5th fast pass.

The above example is especially good if a party of 5 were visiting 3 days. You really only need fast passes for 2 days to make sure you ride everything. Then use the 3rd day (no fast passes) for shows, Harry Potter areas, touring, photos, shopping, etc -in other words things you can’t use fast pass for anyway.

Last edited:
Re: the previous post, I agree that booking a throwaway night is a solid strategy. Regular 2 queen rooms at all three deluxe resorts have a capacity of 5, so you would get express passes for everyone. (I've had 5 in a room at RPR several times, two per bed plus an air mattress -- it's cozy, but for us, EP is worth it!)

The throw away room doesn’t need to be thrown away. Book a 2 queen room at a premier resort, and put everyone’s name on the reservation. Because there are three adults in the room, you will be charged a per night fee (I think $50) for the third adult, but that’s way cheaper than buying express. You will get 5 key cards and those will be your express passes. Then book a second room under a separate reservation. IDK how you feel about GD and GD BF sharing a room, but you could get them the second room at a cheaper resort - even Endless Summer - and put your name on the reservation in addition to theirs. Then you check in, but return to the premier resort while they stay there. You CAN have more than one reservation on the same night when booking them separately. If I were 18 or 20, I wouldn’t mind the down grade in resort amenities to get my own room with my significant other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter