• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is something happening Oct 1st?

aussietravellers

who LOVE disney holidays!
I have just spend the last hour and a half doing the first 11 days ADR's of our 21 night trip.

I got everything we were wanting (we eat 3 TS a day) and I booked that except the planned days we will go to the waterparks, I didn't book lunch that day as we will grab lunch there.

Now I am confused. I can not get ANYTHING (well thats not true, the ONLY thing I can get for lunch on Friday 1st October is lunch with the princesses). I got Le Cellier for lunch and dinner during the trip and many others, but from 11am to 3pm, there is nothing at any TS restaurants at Epcot except the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.

Its really weird, there are plenty the day before at all the restaurnats, but Friday 1st Oct, nothing. That is dinner too. I have just become a little obsessed :rotfl: So I have been trying lunch and dinner times with different numbers of guests (not that I planned on booking with the incorrect number of guests, but I was just seeing if there was anything, but NO). I can book the 1st October as I have booked breakfast and dinner outside Epcot. But that is a planned Epcot day and yes we could have CS, but I just find it bizarre that the booking window for that date only opened less than two hours ago and ALL TS restaurants at Epcot with the exception of Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is booked out for lunch and dinner all meal times with a variety of numbers of guests. I've tried searching, Beirgarden, Teppan Edo, Coral Reef, Chefs, Rose and Crown, the list goes on and nothing.

Anyway I have had to stop my obsessing. No I will probably go and look again, try to find somewhere.

Does anybody know why they would be booked out on that date, is there something going on at Epcot on Friday 1st October to book out every TS for lunch and dinner in 2 hours of the window opening as it is day 11 for me, so people with yesterday as their 180+10 window would have been able to book up to the 30th, so today is the first day the 1st can be booked.

I'm very :confused3 :lmao:

Anyway I will post soon with all of my successful ADR's, its getting late at night in Australia, but in a week my 180 window opens for the rest of our trip :cool1:

Food and Wine opening is on Oct. 1st. I can't imagine it would have filled up that quickly already, considering Oct. 1 is only open for +10 right now??? :confused3

Food and Wine opening is on Oct. 1st. I can't imagine it would have filled up that quickly already, considering Oct. 1 is only open for +10 right now??? :confused3

I know :confused3 And the OCD in me is driving me mad as I can't stop checking different senerios :lmao:. Maybe they are not opening up Epcot dining yet for some reason, because it is really weird.

I would love to know if anybody else as been able to make an ADR at an Epcot restaurant on the 1st Oct other than at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.

Well, we will be in WDW on October 1st, but I won't be setting foot in Epcot, I have heard opening day is pretty crazy. I didn't think everything would be booked up already, but it is possible I guess.

Well, we will be in WDW on October 1st, but I won't be setting foot in Epcot, I have heard opening day is pretty crazy. I didn't think everything would be booked up already, but it is possible I guess.

Its not just opening day; but a friday, so I imagine it will be quite crazy. We arrive on Monday, October 4, so hopefully the big crowd wont be around during the week.

Did you try Nine Dragons?? Or maybe Coral Reef or Garden Grill?

Maggie

Yes, tried them :rotfl:. I tried every TS, lunch and dinner. The only one that kept coming up was Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, it had quite a few available times (but my DS is not into the princesses.... yet ;) )

It's just really strange, as there were lots of time to choose at restaurnats outside epcot at dinner and breakfast, just nothing in epcot.

Since it's the first day of the Food & Wine Festival, I would not be in Epcot at all unless I really wanted to be there for that - in which case I'd be eating lunch at the F & W booths rather than a TS place. Is there a reason you must have TS 3 times a day - are you on some kind of deluxe dining plan? You have a really long trip - lots of time to eat anywhere you want to. I really wouldn't stress about lunch on Oct 1st!

OTOH, if you're just curious about the lack of availability, I would be too - I figured people would want to try the booths that day, not the TS places. I guess that goes to show just how many people are likely to be in the park that day, that even counting the ones who want to eat at booths only, the TS places are still full!!

Yes, tried them :rotfl:. I tried every TS, lunch and dinner. The only one that kept coming up was Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, it had quite a few available times (but my DS is not into the princesses.... yet ;) )

It's just really strange, as there were lots of time to choose at restaurnats outside epcot at dinner and breakfast, just nothing in epcot.

Well then, maybe choose something at the Yacht/Beach Club or the Boardwalk. I've heard good things about the Cape May Cafe dinner. There is also Yachtsman Steakhouse, Captain's Grille, or Beaches and Cream (no ADRS there). Plus restaurants at the Boardwalk.

Maggie

Since it's the first day of the Food & Wine Festival, I would not be in Epcot at all unless I really wanted to be there for that - in which case I'd be eating lunch at the F & W booths rather than a TS place. Is there a reason you must have TS 3 times a day - are you on some kind of deluxe dining plan? You have a really long trip - lots of time to eat anywhere you want to. I really wouldn't stress about lunch on Oct 1st!

OTOH, if you're just curious about the lack of availability, I would be too - I figured people would want to try the booths that day, not the TS places. I guess that goes to show just how many people are likely to be in the park that day, that even counting the ones who want to eat at booths only, the TS places are still full!!

Yes, I am really just curious as to why there are not any restaurants available on first day available to make ADR's. I'm not worried about finding somewhere to eat.

We don't have to eat 3 TS a day, we choose to and like to, we are just that sort of family, also with some food allergies find the TS a little easier to eat at, thats just our preference :). I would really rather not have to book anywhere until the day or a few days before and decide where we want to eat at the time but unfortunately if it's TS that we want to eat at during our trip we must book them. Also so that we fit all of the restaurants that we have planned, we have worked out where we will eat in which park on which day and which days we will be away from WDW, its just WDW and ADR's. We are staying at WDW for 21 nights but not spending every day at WDW, we are going to Discovery Cove, Seaworld, Universal, Shopping a few days (a very important part of the trip ;) ), Kennedy Space Center to name a few, so will be eating outside WDW (ah PF Changs :worship: :rotfl:). So I have planned everything and am stumped by this one lunch meal as every other day was available. It's not a drama, I will book something else am not really worried about finding somewhere, its really just why is it all booked on the opening day of ADR's, I'm intrigued!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter