Is there a church service

No guarantees. If church is important and missing is a non-starter, sadly you'll need to not cruise over a Sunday.

With the internet, I was able to “you tube” a Mass on May 5th.

It has not been often, and I believe both times we were on TA cruises, but once a passenger and once a CM had an ecumenical service.

With the internet, I was able to “you tube” a Mass on May 5th.

It has not been often, and I believe both times we were on TA cruises, but once a passenger and once a CM had an ecumenical service.
the Catholic channel on SiriusXM has daily mass at 7:00 (ET) from St. Patrick's in NYC. I listen and 'participate' on the way to work

Or Friday, or Saturday, or another day, depending on the person's faith. The Sabbath and/or church services aren't on Sunday for much of the world.
Sunday is always a day for going to church. The other religions that you're referring to don't go to church. They go to temple, synagogue or mosque on Friday or Saturday. Church is what the OP asked about, and what the PP was responding about.

Sunday is always a day for going to church. The other religions that you're referring to don't go to church. They go to temple, synagogue or mosque on Friday or Saturday. Church is what the OP asked about, and what the PP was responding about.
There are literally thousands of Christian sects, and some don't recognize Sunday as the Sabbath. Saturday is the most common alternative. The are also some non-Christian groups who use the term, although I know many Christians would object. Not that this really matters, I just thought it wasn't always safe to assume Sunday when someone mentions church, although it is most likely.

Last edited:
I can only imagine how hard it would be for a cruise line to cater to all the various religious needs of guests. A friend retired as a Federal Department of Corrections Chaplain. He is an ordained Methodist Minister, but was expected to tend to the needs of inmates from 20 different faiths. He decided to retire when, during a Holy Communion service an inmate came up to receive the Sacraments and punched him in the face.

It was just a thought about a church service. Think we will just bring our Bibles and have our own little one. Thanks for all the thoughts.

The only time we have had religious offerings on a DCL was during the high holidays. Ww have sailed different times where there was Ash Wednesday service, a passover service and Easter mass for Catholics and a non-denominational service.

Back in 2008 when I was on he westbound Panama canal cruise there was a catholic priest who was on the cruise and he volunteered to say mass originally for a group of people who were on here, however after he got in touch with DCL it was opened to anyone who wanted to attended. I think he did a daily mass in the interfaith chapel and on the two Sundays he said mass in the movie theatre.

Last edited:
Our first cruise was on Fantasy. We sailed away on Saturday and Sunday was at sea. There was a non-denominational service scheduled on the navigator. It was led by a cast member and was basically a sing-along with some testimony participation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter