Is there a GOOD day to go to the passport office?

Yeah the passport offices now are much better!

When the laws changed that everyone needed a passport the place was hell for easily a year plus but since then its never more then a 10 min wait if that!

I have been to the one here in Whitby a few times over the last few years renewing mine, my wifes and our daughters and never had any issues in terms of the time it takes.

:)

Just back from the Scarborough office for a passport renewal. Printed the form online. The waiting room was packed. I was processed in just over a half hour. The passports are to be sent within 10 days.

Our closest office is an 8 hour drive away. We take ours to the local MP office and wait for them to get mailed back to us. :) No lines.

Here's a little secret if you live in Alberta or Ontario: The BEST day to go to a Federal (i.e. Govt of Canada) office of any kind for service is on the holiday Monday in February (aka Family Day in Alberta). It is a PROVINCIAL holiday so the Federal offices are still open! However, because it is a "holiday", everyone assumes the Passport Office etc. will be closed. Has worked a charm for us quite a few times.

Ohhh that's a great idea!!!!

We live in North York but ALWAYS make the drive during the week to the Whitby office for first thing in the am. It's opposite of the way the traffic is going so smooth sailing for us to get there, NO wait (we do the printed form) and in & out WAY faster than the GTA offices plus we've always had our passports in hand in the matter of a few days :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter