Is there only one Dolphin Encounter in Nassau & can you book your own?

Leigha

DIS Veteran
Is the Blue Lagoon the only Dolphin Encounter at Nassau or are there others just as good? Also, can you book your own. It looks like Disney's is an all day affair with lunch included. Could I contact them directly, do the encounter and go back to the ship for lunch at a cheaper price?

I looked into that as well. We are doing the encounter (not swim). I looked at the info for dolphinswims.com which is the co that does the DCL excursion. If I book it w/ them...cost is $75/pp 0r $15 to observe. That includes transportation to the island from the Calypso (?) dock which you need to get to yourself...I don't think that's very expensive.

So...what you don't get is any time on the island...it's supposed to be nice. You don't get the meal...it's mediocre at best (even my TA said this!).

So...for us...we ended up doing the DCL excursion...mostly because I don't want to have to leave the island right away. My understanding is you have to take the transportation dolphinswims offers you.

I hope I got all of this correct...I just researched it this week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter