Is there typically a "movie night" on the 7 Day Eastern/Western?

sandymc

Earning My Ears
I'm just curious because Freaky Friday comes out on Aug. 6 (which is a Wednesday - during the Western cruise) and we are traveling on Aug. 9 (Eastern). I was really hoping to have a premear on our cruise but looks like it will probably be the week before? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!:D

When we did the Eastern 7-day cruise, there was one night (I can't remember which) when there was no stage show, so the main entertainment in the big theater that night was the movie Lilo and Stitch (which had opened a few weeks before, as I recall).

Good luck!

If they only have one movie night, where do they show all these movies that people listt? Are they on the televisions? I have seen lists with 7 or 8 movies being shown. Where?
Thanks

Movies are shown in the Buena Vista Theatre on Deck 5. Occasionally a big movie will be shown at the Walt Disney Theatre on Deck 4. While on the Wonday last May I saw "The Rookie" in the big theatre...

shoes99 is correct. Most of the time, movies are shown in the Buena Vista Theater on deck 5. On both the eastern and the Western cruises, there is one night, where instead of a show in the Walt Disney theater, they show a first-run movie. On the July 5th cruise, we got to see Pirates of the Caribbean on Wednesday night.

Are they on the televisions?

Actually, they are there too. On Channel 42 they have movies all day long - normally ones recently released to video/dvd. On our 7/5 cruise they were playing movies like "How to Lose a Guy..", "Shanghai Knights", "The Hours", "The Core"... Channel 40 plays the children's Disney movies (Peter Pan, Beauty/Beast, etc.) - and in case anybody's wondering what I'm doing watching movies in a room while on a very expensive 7 day cruise - I tore a ligament (the stupid ACL) in my knee...on the sports deck...where I had no right to be in the first place...since I'm not really athletic anyway...and no, I'm not filing a lawsuit...it was my own stupid fault...
hang.gif

Thank you all for clearing that up for me, because I THOUGHT there was 2 separate places, but when reference was made to the big theatre, I thought I had mistakenly assumed there was 2 theatres. Thanks.

Hi Incharge.

I thought I had mistakenly assumed there was 2 theatres.

Looks like you were mistakenly correct.

Hi trishy.

and in case anybody's wondering what I'm doing watching movies in a room while on a very expensive 7 day cruise - I tore a ligament (the stupid ACL) in my knee...on the sports deck...where I had no right to be in the first place...since I'm not really athletic anyway

I was more riveted to what you might have been doing at the Radisson. My initial thoughts were more in the realm of Fantasyland rather than Adventureland...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter