Is this Grand Floridian DVC Villas??!!

Hubby and I had a bet going about this- if I was right and it was DVC we do an add on - if he was right and it was just a GF expansion and NOT DVC I had to paint the rooms in our house red in honor of his beloved St Louis Cardinals - Yesterday turned out to be a bad day for him - I get my GF add on and Albert Pujols left the Cardinals for the Angels!
Needless to say, he wasn't a super happy camper last night :rotfl2:

I'm anxious to see how much the points are going to be....I'm almost afraid to find out!

When I read the announcement in my email, I just knew this thread would be buzzing.

We just got back and I thought everyone might like to see what's going on there.

IMG_3805.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

I am :cool1: over the GF DVC. However, if I were a bride who was getting married at the wedding chapel in the next year, I don't think I'd be happy! Imagine the construction noise, dust, and view. :headache:

I'm amazed that this was discovered in March and posted here first! :worship: Love it! I better work overtime, will need an add on for GF. I was hoping for Poly, but this is very close and I love the bus schedule for GF. :santa:

I am :cool1: over the GF DVC. However, if I were a bride who was getting married at the wedding chapel in the next year, I don't think I'd be happy! Imagine the construction noise, dust, and view. :headache:
I'm guessing they have plans to minimize the impact. They have the barrier up, I'd bet they'll stop certain types of construction during weddings. I'm sure it'll have some effect. They can always vote with their feet if it bothers them too much. I'd suspect they've told those affected up front that there would be construction. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave them a discount. Ultimately I'd suspect they'd let them out of the contract if it was too much of an issue.

I'm guessing they have plans to minimize the impact. They have the barrier up, I'd bet they'll stop certain types of construction during weddings. I'm sure it'll have some effect. They can always vote with their feet if it bothers them too much. I'd suspect they've told those affected up front that there would be construction. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave them a discount. Ultimately I'd suspect they'd let them out of the contract if it was too much of an issue.

Actually, if you read the postings on the Weddings board you'll see that Disney Weddings hasn't really been very accomodating to their WP brides. As a former WP bride myself, I'm sure glad that I was married well before this happened. The beach is what made the venue special and all of my favorite photos were taken along the shore.

Actually, if you read the postings on the Weddings board you'll see that Disney Weddings hasn't really been very accomodating to their WP brides. As a former WP bride myself, I'm sure glad that I was married well before this happened. The beach is what made the venue special and all of my favorite photos were taken along the shore.
I haven't and fortunately I don't need to any more. It be interesting to see what the contractual language was in this manner. I wonder if they built this issue into their pricing for the time frame. I did scan the Wedding board briefly for the last month and didn't see much other than a thread on the mural. I suspect their contract has standard language covering such matters as construction but I'd suspect Disney would be rather lenient in this area for cancelations and changes. However, you're going to have those people that are set and want disney to change their whole construction plan for their wedding or give them such concessions that Disney could not possibly or appropriately do so. And it could be that Disney takes a hardline stance, it seems sometimes they just have to exert their power.

Do you have any stories or specific thread's to pass on?

I haven't and fortunately I don't need to any more. It be interesting to see what the contractual language was in this manner. I wonder if they built this issue into their pricing for the time frame. I did scan the Wedding board briefly for the last month and didn't see much other than a thread on the mural. I suspect their contract has standard language covering such matters as construction but I'd suspect Disney would be rather lenient in this area for cancelations and changes. However, you're going to have those people that are set and want disney to change their whole construction plan for their wedding or give them such concessions that Disney could not possibly or appropriately do so. And it could be that Disney takes a hardline stance, it seems sometimes they just have to exert their power.

Do you have any stories or specific thread's to pass on?

There are several threads on the Disney Wedding and Honeymoon Board, and here is one with the most recent activity: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2839322&page=2. If you read the thread, you can catch the overall tone of the discussion.

Over the past few months, several threads have been started on the Honeymoon board discussing the construction issues. There are several posters who are very displeased with how DFTW (Disney Fairy Tale Weddings) is keeping brides apprised of changes, or how the construction is ruining their wedding venues. One thing I've come to realize is that my survival rate would be better if I was caught between a mama grizzly and her cub than between a bride and her wedding ceremony.

One thing I've come to realize is that my survival rate would be better if I was caught between a mama grizzly and her cub than between a bride and her wedding ceremony.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: So true. I saw the pictures and thought the same thing---I wonder how the brides are taking it. DH and I got married in Hawaii, and our original hotel (the Fairmont, surprisingly) decided to unilaterally change our venue without asking us. You can imagine the conversation that happened when we were informed. They offered us a "free dinner" for 2. We took our business elsewhere.

Hopefully Disney is doing a better job at accomodating the Disney Fairy Tale Wedding brides.

Back on topic--I can't wait for more details about the Grand Floridian Villas. Although, DH said that he will not sell our BWV points to make way for VGF...who knows what will happen when the pricing comes out. I'm sure we'll all get sticker shock.

There are several threads on the Disney Wedding and Honeymoon Board, and here is one with the most recent activity: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2839322&page=2. If you read the thread, you can catch the overall tone of the discussion.

Over the past few months, several threads have been started on the Honeymoon board discussing the construction issues. There are several posters who are very displeased with how DFTW (Disney Fairy Tale Weddings) is keeping brides apprised of changes, or how the construction is ruining their wedding venues. One thing I've come to realize is that my survival rate would be better if I was caught between a mama grizzly and her cub than between a bride and her wedding ceremony.
Thanks. That's the one thread I picked up on and read through and to be honest, it doesn't give me the info I was asking about. One person was told by their planner they forgot to tell them implying they knew and should have. Other than that no one mentioned costs, adjustments, whether they were/weren't told, pricing adjustments, change/cancellation options, rebates, alternatives, any value added to compensate, etc; these are the components that I would be interested in, the hard facts, not the emotional issues.

I do understand the emotions that go in to such an issue however. When my daughter got married (not Disney though we considered it seriously) I told her mom and the MIL both in front of the wedding planner and the FIL, that I did not ever want to hear what they wanted, only what the kids wanted. The only drama we had was the catering manger for the hotel changed mid stream and the fill in was not as warm and fuzzy and there we some initial discrepancies on what was promised. It worked out to our advantage as they waived the room charge and it made some of the food options a little cheaper.

Anyone there now who can post some updated pictures for those of us not lucky enough to have a trip planned?

I am also interested in an update about GFV...it seems like it has been awhile since we've had one.:surfweb:

We were there last week and honestly it doesn't look much different. The shore line has been extended to match the plans, but that's about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter