Is your area amongest the highest , lowest or in the middle in terms of coronavirus cases?

I'm in Maine. As of 10/23, we were averaging 33 new cases a day, or 2/100,000 residents. That's pretty good... only Vermont has "better" numbers, I believe. We were doing even better, but there was another religious-service associated outbreak this week.

I’m in Florida - just kiss us goodbye. 😖
It does seem that way to me, an outsider. I wish things were better managed there and everywhere.
My area is terrible too. It's getting colder everyday, days will be too short and no great signs of better days ahead.

Vermont has the lowest number of cases of any state, we just hit 2000 total cases late last week. We do have a couple of mini outbreaks occurring which has raised our numbers in the past couple of weeks. Before that we were usually single digits per day. No deaths in over 2 months, I believe, with 58 total.

My town is in the "lowest risk" category, but we're surrounded by moderate and high risk towns.

My town is in the "lowest risk" category, but we're surrounded by moderate and high risk towns.

This is us as well. I'm in New Jersey. My town as of October 26th 2020 has had 1112 total cases since the pandemic started. The County itself has had 11, 336 cases.

I'm in Maine. As of 10/23, we were averaging 33 new cases a day, or 2/100,000 residents. That's pretty good... only Vermont has "better" numbers, I believe. We were doing even better, but there was another religious-service associated outbreak this week.

And then there was the Trump rally just outside of Bangor on Sunday. Over 1000 people, packed in shoulder to shoulder, nary a mask in sight. Can't be good...

Question isn't specific enough, no metric is mentioned. Can't really answer the hierarchy if no metric is being used. Most number of cases doesn't necessarily mean worst off.

My county has the highest number of cases but we are also the most populated. The second most populous county also has the second most cases.

If looking at case rates per 1K my state doesn't give an actual ranking.

However,
  • My county is presently at 24.2/1,000
  • The second most populous county is listed as 23.3/1,000
  • The county above me has been hit extremely hard if looking at their population (they are for comparison sake listed as the fourth most populous county) they have the third most number of cases. Their case rate is 50.6/1,000.
  • A rural county that has meat processing plants with outbreaks is the highest case rate per 1,000 at 100.3/1,000
  • Another nearby county to this one I just mentioned also had meat processing plants with outbreaks and theirs is 71.8/1,000
  • Another nearby county to those two counties also had meat processing plants with outbreaks and theirs is 88.4/1,000
  • Another rural county on the opposite side of the state just got hit hard in the nursing home (all 62 residents tested positive with 10 of them dying). That county's case rate is 88.6/1,000.

I'd say community transmission-wise the large populated areas have it the worst but that makes sense. More people to interact with, more population density within the county's area, usually more borders with other populated areas, etc. This means more continual effort is probably needed in these areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter