Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

Can we get a new poll regarding start price before incentives? I'd love to be right again like I was when voting on the last thread that it'd be the same association 100%.

Id bet its $250/pt before incentives, regardless of whether they move the price on the other for sale properties. This is going to sell like hot cakes and they'd be dumb to start lower than $250/pt before incentives.
High fives all around!

I'm on a hot streak! Nailed the VGF pricing and the same association for Poly!

I think just like VGF, it will be priced exactly the same as all other points being sold.

I don't think there's any reason to think the point chart would exceed that of VGF. I wouldn't even expect it to match it.

I don't think the demand is currently there to try to squeeze people on either price or point charts. They will want to get the points moved.
IMO, it will be as high as VGF/RIV/VDH….

Higher point chart means more points to sell and less dues per point…. just as @HyperspaceMountainPilot has hypothesized in the previous thread.

Higher point chart means more points to sell and less dues per point…. just as @HyperspaceMountainPilot has hypothesized in the previous thread.
Must admit I’m interested to see what this will do to PVB dues next year… are we guessing a big increase, or may be even a decrease if there’s enough points added to the pool?

Can we get a new poll regarding start price before incentives? I'd love to be right again like I was when voting on the last thread that it'd be the same association 100%.

Id bet its $250/pt before incentives, regardless of whether they move the price on the other for sale properties. This is going to sell like hot cakes and they'd be dumb to start lower than $250/pt before incentives.
I would hope it's not $250, but then again they surprised me with it being the same association. Looks pretty spectacular, but I'm pretty much done adding. We are down to 1 MK resort and 1 Epcot resort. Poly really needed to balance out the rooms IMO and it looks like that's what they did.

It might be as high as VGF but people will scoff at it being any higher IMO.

They need to price the points so they will actually sell. They may try to get away with fewer incentives than they have for the other properties but that's about it.

I would hope it's not $250, but then again they surprised me with it being the same association. Looks pretty spectacular, but I'm pretty much done adding. We are down to 1 MK resort and 1 Epcot resort. Poly really needed to balance out the rooms IMO and it looks like that's what they did.
The building being part of the current association is part of how they can profitably sell it for less.

And it's also part of why they wouldn't get away with selling it for any more than the other points being sold.

I personally have zero issues with no Grand Villas. Coming from a big Scottish family, we grew up with the house stuffed full of family (and "family") at every holiday, birthday, you name it. It was just how things were in a very close but very large extended family (mom had 9 brothers and sisters). Having said all of that, and being perfectly comfortable surrounded by relatives, there is literally zero chance I am spending a vacation in the same dwelling unit with 11 other people. Doesn't matter if it's a timeshare in Orlando, a VRBO in Banff, or a bungalow over a lagoon in Tahiti. I'll vacation with them all, but get your own room and I'll stick to my room. You can knock when you come over.
I used to think it would be fun. Then, thinking about different personalities made me
I personally have zero issues with no Grand Villas. Coming from a big Scottish family, we grew up with the house stuffed full of family (and "family") at every holiday, birthday, you name it. It was just how things were in a very close but very large extended family (mom had 9 brothers and sisters). Having said all of that, and being perfectly comfortable surrounded by relatives, there is literally zero chance I am spending a vacation in the same dwelling unit with 11 other people. Doesn't matter if it's a timeshare in Orlando, a VRBO in Banff, or a bungalow over a lagoon in Tahiti. I'll vacation with them all, but get your own room and I'll stick to my room. You can knock when you come over.
Lol, I used to think a GV (or 2) would be fun for the family. Reality set in.

Next month we have a 23 person family trip using our points (plus a couple studios booked via renting from others here). One 2BR (BLT) and 6 studios (PVB) because everyone needs their own space. 🤣

I was so excited about this but the more I look at the pictures the more sad I feel. I was hoping for bright colors like the regular poly, these muted colors don’t seem Disney to me.

I guess I should be happy I’m not liking it so far because it will save me a ton of money not adding on here.

It might be as high as VGF but people will scoff at it being any higher IMO.

They need to price the points so they will actually sell. They may try to get away with fewer incentives than they have for the other properties but that's about it.
I think they will go higher than one might think. This thing is shiny and new, first new build in the MK area in what a decade or more? BLT was last I think? People will buy it.

BUT more importantly, they will have zero problems renting the rooms. They rent the crap out of RIV, why they are not really too perturbed about it taking too long to sell out. I would think they would rather maximize profit on this once in a long time chance for a new build addition to a beloved resort that they wont want to leave a penny on the table.

It also wont have the stigma of resale restrictions that may or may not matter to very many people outside current owners who know what that really means, so that will help it sell too.

I think they swing for the fences on price to start to keep the profit maximized and if needed will throw in some better incentives later to juice sales as needed ala RIV.

Joining this thread! I’ve paid absolutely no attention to anything about the new tower as OG Poly was one and done for our fam. After seeing today’s rendering release, we might finally be dragged back to making a direct purchase 😅

Riv, VGF resort studios, VDH, and the cabins have all been really underwhelming to us and no temptation to buy or stay at any of these options. Can’t wait to see the room renderings! 🤩🤑

Absolutely love the concept art of the lobby! They've really taken the airiness found in many Hawaiian resort lobbies and tied it in nicely with the light wood accents to make it feel like some of the more modern Hawaiian resorts you see popping up throughout the islands now. While the lobby doesn't have the grandness of some of the other Disney hotel lobbies, I still do find this one to be pretty impressive and beautiful.

Surprises/Cons: No grand villas is odd to me. I would likely never have stayed in one to begin with, but it's odd they didn't throw a few scattered in there. I also don't love the name Island Tower. Sorta seems like they tried to play it safe, and by doing so they essentially pleased no one. Just seems like an overall miss, but no one will care the moment they step foot in that lobby and their dvc room.

Looking forward to more news coming out soon!

I don't think there's any reason to think the point chart would exceed that of VGF. I wouldn't even expect it to match it.
The existing PVB Studios already cost more than VGF studios for most seasons. There are a few where it's reversed (Sep 1-30 and Oct 1-Nov 30, but overall PVB already has a higher point chart than VGF.

Feb 1 to Feb 15, June 11 to Aug 31
  • A standard view is 146/week at PVB vs 132 at VGF
  • A lake view is 174 at PVB vs 164 at VGF

Mar 24 to Mar 31, Dec 24 to Dec 31
  • A standard view is 242/week at PVB vs 234 at VGF
  • A lake view is 291 at PVB vs 278 at VGF
If they just take the existing PVB rates and multiply them out for higher room types, it would result in a higher point chart than VGF.

Now, they might price tower deluxe studios at a discount vs existing longhouse studios, and they might apply a smaller multiple to 1BR and 2BRs than they usually do when setting point charts.

But it's not insane to think that PVB will have a higher point chart than VGF -- it already does

GV are good way to juice the overall points, they didnt need those since there are bungalows doing that job at poly already. Yes I know a bungalow is not a GV, but they are priced like one.

Hence the El Presidente suites they came up with, looks like it'll be two of em based on the rendering and they are gonna price those with a pretty solid premium over a normal 2br.

I was so excited about this but the more I look at the pictures the more sad I feel. I was hoping for bright colors like the regular poly, these muted colors don’t seem Disney to me.

I guess I should be happy I’m not liking it so far because it will save me a ton of money not adding on here.
Tend to agree. Might need to start a thread for PVB owners considering selling….

Not sure if DVD still does this, but they used to hike prices right before a new product like clockwork.

The existing PVB Studios already cost more than VGF studios for most seasons. There are a few where it's reversed (Sep 1-30 and Oct 1-Nov 30, but overall PVB already has a higher point chart than VGF.

Feb 1 to Feb 15, June 11 to Aug 31
  • A standard view is 146/week at PVB vs 132 at VGF
  • A lake view is 174 at PVB vs 164 at VGF

Mar 24 to Mar 31, Dec 24 to Dec 31
  • A standard view is 242/week at PVB vs 234 at VGF
  • A lake view is 291 at PVB vs 278 at VGF
If they just take the existing PVB rates and multiply them out for higher room types, it would result in a higher point chart than VGF.

Now, they might price tower deluxe studios at a discount vs existing longhouse studios, and they might apply a smaller multiple to 1BR and 2BRs than they usually do when setting point charts.

But it's not insane to think that PVB will have a higher point chart than VGF -- it already does
It will be definitely be interesting whether the new Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows will follow and have 3 categories like the Grand Floridian Resort Studios - Standard, Lake View and Theme Park View. Originally the Villas at Grand Floridian had 2 views. The standard view and lake view on the Grand Floridian Resort Studios matched the Deluxe Studios on points.

Maybe they went with the boring name of Island Tower because all the really great names were ones we came up with here on the DIS! lol
Absolutely love the concept art of the lobby! They've really taken the airiness found in many Hawaiian resort lobbies and tied it in nicely with the light wood accents to make it feel like some of the more modern Hawaiian resorts you see popping up throughout the islands now. While the lobby doesn't have the grandness of some of the other Disney hotel lobbies, I still do find this one to be pretty impressive and beautiful.

Surprises/Cons: No grand villas is odd to me. I would likely never have stayed in one to begin with, but it's odd they didn't throw a few scattered in there. I also don't love the name Island Tower. Sorta seems like they tried to play it safe, and by doing so they essentially pleased no one. Just seems like an overall miss, but no one will care the moment they step foot in that lobby and their dvc room.

Looking forward to more news coming out soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter