Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

View attachment 858567

The green hanging columns with wildlife - could be live grass. Very interesting and may hold more surprises.
Also if you look to the outside there are some wood/metal ? plank column looking thingys that look like they might form an architectural arch for the front entrance? Maybe? (guessing)
It might dress the front entrance up some & help exterior to not seem as bland/generic as it does right now.

1715442905988.jpeg

Ironic the name for the entire DVC at Polynesian mentions every type of building except the longhouses. Is that a Freudian slip showing they always disliked them?

So for the standard 3-letter configuration used on point charts etc & that we all use...Will it PIT? (PolyIslandTower)?
Honestly no one even uses PVB, most people just write Poly, and nearly all the room types are only going to be in one or the other, so I think people will just say Poly Tower Studio or Poly Standard Studio or Poly 2 bedroom or whatever it is.

Also if you look to the outside there are some wood/metal ? plank column looking thingys that look like they might form an architectural arch for the front entrance? Maybe? (guessing)
It might dress the front entrance up some & help exterior to not seem as bland/generic as it does right now.

View attachment 858581
😬 I feel like I’ve seen those in front of a mall in Florida somewhere

One of the big complaints of RIV is the very small lobby. The concept images show a larger and immersive lobby. This is big in my book. To walk in and immediate feel that full Disney effect with plenty of room to sit and soak it all in. I cannot wait for this to open to go and check it out.
The lobby at Riv is just too small. Not that they need to be massive caverns like GF, WL, and AKL…but a 10-12 foot ceiling at RIV is comical. PVB tower looks to be 2 floors, so the ceiling is likely 20-24 feet or more high.

So is that big turquoise thing in the photo some sort of water feature?

Some speculation, nothing known.

I'm thinking more some sort of textured mosaic tile. Not sure if I can find a good example but I know they're out there,
I was thinking probably no water feature, but if you notice how there is a little overlook right in front of it that leads nowhere in particular. Also how the top of it fades into a cavity in the ceiling . Makes me think it could be a water feature.

I don't know why I set myself up for disappointment like this ... Like when I thought that the Guardians concept art showed new solar panels on the roof.

I’ve never bought direct at the opening of a resort. Any idea historically the timeline of when they announce quantity of each room type in relation to sales beginning?

Thanks
People fill find the initial declaration of rooms on the comptroller site and it will include the initial via thenPOS documents filed.

For CFW, those happened end of December and sales started for owners Feb 1st.

They typically share chats, etc. shortly before announcing a sale date. Earliest will be mid June but I’d bet more a July.

I seriously wouldn't worry about it at this point. They've made it very clear at this points it's going into PVB, so there's no restrictions. And as far as the trust is concerned, people are likely overthinking it. CFW + Reflections = the future trust properties. DVC sales will commence within another 6-10 weeks, so I highly doubt there will be any curveballs at this point. Next thing to look out for will be room designs, which I think they would have to get out there before people start making cash bookings.

my wife and i did part of our honeymoon there as well! beautiful area and resort!
Technically, while I don’t think it will happen, they can keep it part of PVB and create a new vacation plan that might allow differences.

So, while I agree we are at 99% no restrictions, they still could pull a fast one on people…but, I think if that was a the case, they’d have just made it new, and not try to confuse things even further.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter