It’s Always Sunny in California!..Eh?...L’il Bit!

We actually did stop for a little bit and watch it go by and so it would be easier for me to take a few pictures.

I think I would get dizzy swinging around on that bar after a while.

We then cut through near Flo’s. This is part of the outdoor eating area…isn’t it so cute?

So we’re walking and talking…we still have a few minutes yet. We decide to walk back a little further to get better pictures of the whole thing and all of a sudden I see Flo’s lights turn on. I quickly turn around and sure enough, Radiator Springs just lit up as well.

No music, no announcement…..no fanfare whats so ever.

What a bummer.

We then cut through a Bug’s Land. I took some really quick pictures on the go. Sadly I didn’t get back here again and do not have too many pictures of this area at all.

I like this picture of ToT rising out of Bug’s Land.

Love the pics of Cars Land and the Pixar Parade. No fanfare...they just turned on the lights? So un Disney.

I am so sorry to hear about your BIL, but at least he is at peace now!
New computers are such a hassle. My Mom bought a Windows 8 laptop almost a year ago and still can't figure it out. She is still using her old one for the most part. I went in and tried to play with it and I was lost too. :rotfl2: And I can usually figure things out fairly easy...or enough to do the basics.

Thank you.

Oh, Windows 8 is awful! LOL My DH bought one recently and He was able to figure out a few things but I am lost, I hate it, I would just get another version and load it up on there instead of the 8 if I ever get another one with it on there.

Catch-up time again!

Love the photos around the grounds of the GC. As always, you do such a great job of capturing the details, right down to the lemons and the snail! :cool1:

It looks like you got to RSR after the initial crush of EE people, but before the regular entry people. Sounds like perfect timing to me! You have a lot less people in your shots than I did. Maybe that's because they had been closed earlier. We got really lucky and it opened right at EE opening the day we went. Another day we got up early in 38 degree weather and they announced at rope drop that RSR was not open. Fortunately we were there to do CS anyway so no big loss. But it really would be disappointing to get up and down there early only to find it closed.

I'm not sure I knew the monorail went through the GC. We rode it once on our trip, but it was just from inside DL to DTD. I just told Katie yesterday that I was open to leaving the park for a lunch at EOS on our next trip since the monorail lets out so close to there.

I'm shocked they went to so much trouble to collect $2 from you for your lunch when they messed up! That's just crazy.

It was nice to get the tour of the PP pool. Since it was so cold when we were there, we never even checked it out, other than seeing it out our window. Katie won't care that it has more of a hotel feel than a resort feel. She'll definitely want to give it a try next time.

Too too funny that Skip did the bath all wrong. Until you got home and you found out he was better at it than you! :rotfl: At least now she can't complain next time you need to leave. Because remember......... Skip is awesome at giving baths. :p

Bummer the Indy FP didn't gain you much. But seriously, just be happy the dang thing was open. It seemed like every time we walked past there it was closed. We were lucky to get on it once during our trip.

What a pretty stained glass window at BBB! I wonder if they would let me pop in and photograph it on our next visit? Our BBB days are over, and we never got to do it at DL. :sad:

Too funny that you were able to get a photo with Goofy like that with no wait. Normally that place is just crazy packed. I too would have expected there to be no wait at Steakhouse 55 but a long wait at Goofy's. Honestly though, you should have skipped the photo. Then I wouldn't have let you go home. You'd still be at DL. :p

OK, you've totally talked me into it. I'm definitely having chicken nachos at Whitewater Snacks on our next trip. We walk by it every time we head back to our room at the PP. Last time we stopped in to warm up with some hot chocolate on our way back.

You're killing me with your condiment theft stories! :rotfl: Katie would love those. I'll have to keep my eyes out for stray food carts with small condiment bottles. :cool2:

LOL on the free tampons! :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: ;) FWIW........ I think if they are giving them away they should at least put a mickey icon on the package!

The hotels you toured really do look nice. But I just can't see myself every staying at one of them. Just too far away. If I was going to stay offsite, it would have to have the redeeming feature of being as close to the gates as possible. I'm guessing the hotels paid to include you in the conference because they have to work harder to drum up business.

The one with the "kid's closet" was odd. But I guess if you had someone who had to go to sleep early, the value of a door would be worth the "weird" factor. Katie used to go into the closet in our hotel rooms to change if the bathroom was full, so why not? :rotfl2:

You already know I love your canvas prints. I need to reevaluate all of my wall space and consider this myself.

I had no idea there was a model of BTMRR at DLH! We walked right past that building several times. We'll definitely pop in there to take a look at it next time.

Finally catching up! First of all congratulations on the family's upcoming little Princess!!! How exciting!! Love all the hotel tour pictures! And I can't believe you're going back to disney in August, that will be fun! I would love to stay at CBR so I can't to hear about it when you go. I've been trying to get caught up on all my dis stuff since we returned from our trip and I finally got my new TR started! Can't wait to read more!

What? You didn't get to go back to Bugs Land and explore? I've always loved Bug's Life and would love to see that part of the park.

Awesome news that you are going to the Villains Unleashed Party!!! :cool1: So jealous!!!!!! ::yes::

OMG, you reminded me how long and BORING that day was with the off-site hotel tours!!!! :faint: I was soooo done by then! I would never book clients that far away unless they specifically asked me for those certain resorts! I really wish they would have given us some tours of hotels we actually book, like Tropicana, Carousel, Candy Cane, Howard Johnson, Fairfield, etc! THAT would have been SO much better!:rolleyes2

The Sheraton was just GORGEOUS but I almost BARFED when he told me that they not only charge for Wi-Fi, when every other hotel offers it for free, but that they charge $10/day PER DEVICE!!!!! :scared1: That would be like $70 per day for MY family just in Wi-Fi!!! :eek: Ummm no thanks!!!!

Ooohhh my corn dog at DCA was divine!!! :love:

They did play a song for the Neon Lighting ceremony but it wasn't very loud and there was no announcement or anything, which would have been so much cooler :rolleyes1 Glad we got to see it at least though :thumbsup2

Great photos, as usual, my friend :goodvibes

Oh, I had not realised that they had a parade at California Adventure again. What a shame that the lighting ceremony kind of crept up on you.

Corinna

I got behind, but I want to say that I'm loving all these resorts you toured. But just make a note- because whenever we get out to California I want the room where they have the little kid's nook! Catie gets distracted fairly easily in a regular hotel room, so it would be nice to have a wall up so she could fall asleep! :thumbsup2 But I'm thinking we may actually head west next YEAR! Corey is kinda on board with it. :dance3:

YAY for a trip in August!! :) We all know Lisa LOVES CBR, so you can't go wrong there! :goodvibes I wish I could go for the Villians Party! Looks like SUCH a good time!

I like those canvas pictures! Yay for a little bit of vacation at home! :cool2:

Who charges for wifi these days?

I love the look of the Pixar parade! We need more Pixar stuff at WDW… :sad:

Love the pics of Cars Land and the Pixar Parade. No fanfare...they just turned on the lights? So un Disney.

Yeah, it wasn't really all that exciting, but still happy we were there.

Thank you.

Oh, Windows 8 is awful! LOL My DH bought one recently and He was able to figure out a few things but I am lost, I hate it, I would just get another version and load it up on there instead of the 8 if I ever get another one with it on there.

Hopefully the next version will be better. they seem like every other system is good and then the next one they make changes and people hate it.

Catch-up time again!

Love the photos around the grounds of the GC. As always, you do such a great job of capturing the details, right down to the lemons and the snail! :cool1:

Thanks. Pretty cool to see a snail.

It looks like you got to RSR after the initial crush of EE people, but before the regular entry people. Sounds like perfect timing to me! You have a lot less people in your shots than I did. Maybe that's because they had been closed earlier. We got really lucky and it opened right at EE opening the day we went. Another day we got up early in 38 degree weather and they announced at rope drop that RSR was not open. Fortunately we were there to do CS anyway so no big loss. But it really would be disappointing to get up and down there early only to find it closed.

I remember it was cold on your trip. So glad it was nice while we were there.

I'm not sure I knew the monorail went through the GC. We rode it once on our trip, but it was just from inside DL to DTD. I just told Katie yesterday that I was open to leaving the park for a lunch at EOS on our next trip since the monorail lets out so close to there.

We only rode it once too and it was dark so I really didn't see where it went while on it.

I'm shocked they went to so much trouble to collect $2 from you for your lunch when they messed up! That's just crazy.

I know. It was their mistake...not mine.

It was nice to get the tour of the PP pool. Since it was so cold when we were there, we never even checked it out, other than seeing it out our window. Katie won't care that it has more of a hotel feel than a resort feel. She'll definitely want to give it a try next time.

Claire is all about pools too and she could care less about what it looks like. My BIl next door still has not opened their pool this year (2nd year in a row now) and not sure if they will. Such a waste. And Skip won't get a pool because they have one across the street. of course it does no good when they do nothing with it.

Too too funny that Skip did the bath all wrong. Until you got home and you found out he was better at it than you! :rotfl: At least now she can't complain next time you need to leave. Because remember......... Skip is awesome at giving baths. :p

I know, but they both have already panicked. I reminded them how well they did while I was in Ca.

Bummer the Indy FP didn't gain you much. But seriously, just be happy the dang thing was open. It seemed like every time we walked past there it was closed. We were lucky to get on it once during our trip.

I hear this ride is also one that closes a lot too.

What a pretty stained glass window at BBB! I wonder if they would let me pop in and photograph it on our next visit? Our BBB days are over, and we never got to do it at DL. :sad:

I bet they would!

Too funny that you were able to get a photo with Goofy like that with no wait. Normally that place is just crazy packed. I too would have expected there to be no wait at Steakhouse 55 but a long wait at Goofy's. Honestly though, you should have skipped the photo. Then I wouldn't have let you go home. You'd still be at DL. :p

I was surprised and happy. Of course I was hoping to stay longer...and I even had an offer to stay with Stacy if that did happen. :thumbsup2

OK, you've totally talked me into it. I'm definitely having chicken nachos at Whitewater Snacks on our next trip. We walk by it every time we head back to our room at the PP. Last time we stopped in to warm up with some hot chocolate on our way back.

They are darn good!

You're killing me with your condiment theft stories! :rotfl: Katie would love those. I'll have to keep my eyes out for stray food carts with small condiment bottles. :cool2:

LOL! They were so cute and one day at home I realized we were out of mustard, but I had my little bottle to save the day.

LOL on the free tampons! :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: ;) FWIW........ I think if they are giving them away they should at least put a mickey icon on the package!

So true...it's become such a "fun" search. I have a couple of pictures on my WDW trip too. :rotfl:

The hotels you toured really do look nice. But I just can't see myself every staying at one of them. Just too far away. If I was going to stay offsite, it would have to have the redeeming feature of being as close to the gates as possible. I'm guessing the hotels paid to include you in the conference because they have to work harder to drum up business.

Yeah, I like the closeness of DL and this just defeats the purpose in my opinion.

The one with the "kid's closet" was odd. But I guess if you had someone who had to go to sleep early, the value of a door would be worth the "weird" factor. Katie used to go into the closet in our hotel rooms to change if the bathroom was full, so why not? :rotfl2:

It didn't have a door, it was just kind of an open way....but it was strange, like they had space to fill. But yeah I can see kids loving it. but it really would only fit one kid.

You already know I love your canvas prints. I need to reevaluate all of my wall space and consider this myself.

LOL. I just adore them

I had no idea there was a model of BTMRR at DLH! We walked right past that building several times. We'll definitely pop in there to take a look at it next time.

Now you will have to stop and take a look. I had no idea either.

Finally catching up! First of all congratulations on the family's upcoming little Princess!!! How exciting!! Love all the hotel tour pictures! And I can't believe you're going back to disney in August, that will be fun! I would love to stay at CBR so I can't to hear about it when you go. I've been trying to get caught up on all my dis stuff since we returned from our trip and I finally got my new TR started! Can't wait to read more!

I will have to see if I can find your new TR...I don't think I am there yet??? I have been swamped so I am really behind here. But hopefully in a week or 2 things will calm down a bit.

What? You didn't get to go back to Bugs Land and explore? I've always loved Bug's Life and would love to see that part of the park.

Just a walk through...and another confession. I have never seen the whole movie either and i think that is one we have on vhs too.

Awesome news that you are going to the Villains Unleashed Party!!! :cool1: So jealous!!!!!! ::yes::

Come join me!!! I keep thinking I should add a day at Universal too. LOL

OMG, you reminded me how long and BORING that day was with the off-site hotel tours!!!! :faint: I was soooo done by then! I would never book clients that far away unless they specifically asked me for those certain resorts! I really wish they would have given us some tours of hotels we actually book, like Tropicana, Carousel, Candy Cane, Howard Johnson, Fairfield, etc! THAT would have been SO much better!:rolleyes2

It was a long day. I agree, we really should've gone to the closer resorts. I really have a hard time recommending a place that is not close.

The Sheraton was just GORGEOUS but I almost BARFED when he told me that they not only charge for Wi-Fi, when every other hotel offers it for free, but that they charge $10/day PER DEVICE!!!!! :scared1: That would be like $70 per day for MY family just in Wi-Fi!!! :eek: Ummm no thanks!!!!

I remember that. I saw you calculating the cost and just in shock. That is a lot of money.

Ooohhh my corn dog at DCA was divine!!! :love:

MMMM!

They did play a song for the Neon Lighting ceremony but it wasn't very loud and there was no announcement or anything, which would have been so much cooler :rolleyes1 Glad we got to see it at least though :thumbsup2

I didn't even remember the music, but you are probably right there.

Great photos, as usual, my friend :goodvibes

Thanks...you know me....I like to take pictures. :thumbsup2

Oh, I had not realised that they had a parade at California Adventure again. What a shame that the lighting ceremony kind of crept up on you.

Corinna

I think it is newer, but I can't remember for sure. it looked like a cute parade, but was a little short.

I got behind, but I want to say that I'm loving all these resorts you toured. But just make a note- because whenever we get out to California I want the room where they have the little kid's nook! Catie gets distracted fairly easily in a regular hotel room, so it would be nice to have a wall up so she could fall asleep! :thumbsup2 But I'm thinking we may actually head west next YEAR! Corey is kinda on board with it. :dance3:

Yay!!!! That place is kind of far though, so keep that in mind, but Claire was the same way as a kid.

YAY for a trip in August!! :) We all know Lisa LOVES CBR, so you can't go wrong there! :goodvibes I wish I could go for the Villians Party! Looks like SUCH a good time!

I now am thinking I should extend an extra day for Diagon Alley. :rotfl2:

I like those canvas pictures! Yay for a little bit of vacation at home! :cool2:

thanks

Who charges for wifi these days?

I know!!! Even Disney finally went free.

I love the look of the Pixar parade! We need more Pixar stuff at WDW… :sad:

Yes we do. A very cute parade.

Continuing my walk through Bugs!

Love the “lightening” bugs.

Do you really want to use a restroom in an area infested with bugs????

Doesn’t a giant band aid just give you the heevy jeevies?

On to our next destination.

Monsters U!

I took a few pictures of the Tea Party area.

And then we headed to Monsters Inc.
…. Ok, I thought this was just like the Laugh Floor at WDW and was surprised when Cass told me it was a ride! How have I not heard of this before? I guess I probably have and it just didn’t stick in my brain.

The indoor queue here was really themed well.

I have a confession to make! I have never seen all of Mosters Inc. I have seen Monsters U though. I have seen Monster’s Inc. on TV, but just never sat through the whole thing….really only watching bits and pieces of it…..but I do have a good idea of what it is about, but I guess I better actually watch the whole thing someday.

While in line, Cass filled me in on some of the story, and with the small bit of knowledge I have from watching pieces, I could understand a bit more of it now.

The line moved quickly and it didn’t take too long before we were ready to load in our car.

I took several pictures while on the ride, but many turned out super blurry. Here are the ones that were somewhat decent.

Jen, seriously? First, you tell me that you haven't seen all of Bug's Life and then you confess that you haven't seen all of Monster's Inc either? What's wrong with you? :laughing: Just kiddin'! You should watch them 'cause they are really cute. I've watched them more times that I care to count. As a matter of fact, Bug's Life was on television the other day and I caught myself watching it again. Why not? There's nothing else decent on television.

It looks like the Monster's Inc ride is neat. Is it similar to Under the Sea with Ariel?

Jen, seriously? First, you tell me that you haven't seen all of Bug's Life and then you confess that you haven't seen all of Monster's Inc either? What's wrong with you? :laughing: Just kiddin'! You should watch them 'cause they are really cute. I've watched them more times that I care to count. As a matter of fact, Bug's Life was on television the other day and I caught myself watching it again. Why not? There's nothing else decent on television.

It looks like the Monster's Inc ride is neat. Is it similar to Under the Sea with Ariel?

I know, I need to hide my head in shame!!!!

Hmm, kind of sort of and not. :lmao: It's a dark ride, but better than ones like pooh, but probably not quite like the Ariel one.

I have never actually had the chance to enjoy the line at the Monsters Inc ride. This is another ride that is down quite a bit, but whenever it was open, it was a walk on. Loved the photos of this.

Corinna

Hi, late to the party, but subbing and following along.

I grew up in California mostly and have gone to DL more times than I can count. So cool seeing everything and the changes that have been made. I only visited CA once and that was while I was pregnant almost 7 years ago. Then we moved to the East Coast and have been WDW only since then. :confused3 My youngest really wants to visit DL and CA since he never got to go, he is 6 now.

Reading your TR is really making me want to go back out for a trip. Can't wait to see how the rest of your trip worked out.

I have never actually had the chance to enjoy the line at the Monsters Inc ride. This is another ride that is down quite a bit, but whenever it was open, it was a walk on. Loved the photos of this.

Corinna

Oh wow, you will have to next trip!

Hi, late to the party, but subbing and following along.

I grew up in California mostly and have gone to DL more times than I can count. So cool seeing everything and the changes that have been made. I only visited CA once and that was while I was pregnant almost 7 years ago. Then we moved to the East Coast and have been WDW only since then. :confused3 My youngest really wants to visit DL and CA since he never got to go, he is 6 now.

Reading your TR is really making me want to go back out for a trip. Can't wait to see how the rest of your trip worked out.

Thanks for joining in! I am so happy to finally have gotten out there. It was so much fun and such a great experience.

So you saw all of the Monsters Inc ride but only saw the beginning of the movie?

I'm the anti-Jen.

I saw all of the movie but only the beginning of the ride! :rotfl: We waited in line for a while, then had to bail out to be over at DL in time to see the parade.

Oh i love the Mosters Inc ride! Confession, I have also not seen Monsters Inc in its entirety and I still love the ride and Laugh Floor. Santa brought it to me for Xmas so as soon as June is over (have Weddings and baby/wedding showers weekly it seems) I am gonna bust out the movie and watch it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter