It’s Always Sunny in California!..Eh?...L’il Bit!

That house is very tacky. The owner must be a very eccentric person.

The beach is pretty. When I see those lifeguard buildings it reminds me of Baywatch. Did you take a red swimsuit with you for a reenactment? That would make for an interesting TR.:cool1:

Thats funny. I supposed the middle seat is safer than the window seat if you crash into the ocean? ;)

Yeah. I'm sure that's it. ;) But I got the window seat, so I was all in favor of her feeling safer. :p

I'm loving the tour of Venice Beach. What great sights to photograph. And your lunch outside looks heavenly. :cloud9:

What an odd house! And I seriously laughed out loud at them having a sign saying not to disturb them. "Nothing to see here folks..... move on along......" :rotfl2:

People actually live in that house?? It looks like it should be a museum

I had to laugh when you said that you two were checking out the strange people. We do the same thing. Of course, with the way that we act, people are probably looking at us thinking we are strange. :lmao:

Speaking of strange, what the flim flam was that house about? It's definitely something that you don't see every day. We had a lady who lived in our town for many years and she had all sorts of figurines/statues and fake flowers in her yard. It looked like a bomb had exploded outside.

I have heard Venice Beach has some characters! That house - oh my! I think I'd be afraid to disturb whoever lived there! No need to warn me! :eek:

Ahhh! Venice Beach. I haven't been there in well over 20 years but I do recall how absolutely different it is from the beaches here on the East Coast. It was a lot of fun walking around and checking out the sights.

That house is CRAZY! Wow! I would have been dying to see what was inside.

First off the plane? I am impressed. I have never been first off. I've probably been last, but never first!

Looking forward to more!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: pictures of the beach. I would love to ride a bike around the beach like that some day.

You see some really strange people walking around (or they may think we are strange).

Lunch looks yummy.

Ah yes...the beloved pigeons. How I despise those birds (we have them EVERYWHERE in Downtown Chicago...so much so that we rarely eat outside).

That was certainly one weird looking house. I'm not fond of vines growing on houses either...too many bugs in my opinion.

Can't wait for the next update.

That house is very tacky. The owner must be a very eccentric person.

The beach is pretty. When I see those lifeguard buildings it reminds me of Baywatch. Did you take a red swimsuit with you for a reenactment? That would make for an interesting TR.:cool1:

Just a l'il bit! :lmao: Yeah, not the kind of house I would dream of.
It reminded me of bay watch too. And yes, I had my red swimsuit with me and I looked just like Pamela Anderson running down the beach! :rotfl2:

Yeah. I'm sure that's it. ;) But I got the window seat, so I was all in favor of her feeling safer. :p

I'm loving the tour of Venice Beach. What great sights to photograph. And your lunch outside looks heavenly. :cloud9:

What an odd house! And I seriously laughed out loud at them having a sign saying not to disturb them. "Nothing to see here folks..... move on along......" :rotfl2:

Yes, you must let your child feel safer. Tell her now every time you fly you are going over the ocean! :rotfl:
It was really neat there and a ton of stuff to photograph, but I had to be careful too because many people charge you to take their picture, so I didn't take all I would have liked.
Yeah that house was really something.

People actually live in that house?? It looks like it should be a museum

LOl, I know it is really strange.

I had to laugh when you said that you two were checking out the strange people. We do the same thing. Of course, with the way that we act, people are probably looking at us thinking we are strange. :lmao:

Speaking of strange, what the flim flam was that house about? It's definitely something that you don't see every day. We had a lady who lived in our town for many years and she had all sorts of figurines/statues and fake flowers in her yard. It looked like a bomb had exploded outside.

I am sure I am strange to a few people too. :cool2: But I am the right kind of strange! :littleangel:
Stacy said that house had added more "things" since the last time she saw it. not sure what the purpose of that was.

I have heard Venice Beach has some characters! That house - oh my! I think I'd be afraid to disturb whoever lived there! No need to warn me! :eek:

Yes, they have some really strange people there and a few normal ones too. :goodvibes I don't think I would want to disturb whover lived there either!

Just found your link, checking in & will be back to catch up!

Welcome home!!!! I wondered where you had been.

Ahhh! Venice Beach. I haven't been there in well over 20 years but I do recall how absolutely different it is from the beaches here on the East Coast. It was a lot of fun walking around and checking out the sights.

That house is CRAZY! Wow! I would have been dying to see what was inside.

First off the plane? I am impressed. I have never been first off. I've probably been last, but never first!

Looking forward to more!

It is very different, but still it was fun to see so many different things. Not what you see in Ohio on any given day. :rotfl2:

I never even thought about being first before, but it was really neat. I felt special coming out the door first. :thumbsup2

In all my trips to Southern California, we have never made it to Venice Beach. It looks really interesting. That house is so strange.

Corinna

OMG was that a scary looking house.:hippie:..the gargoyle crouching down with the big wings...it looks so creepy!! I would leave a very wide berth!

We had so much fun!!! I love laughing like that about silly things. It was good for the soul.
I had my bruise for a long time too. That ride is possessed!
Feel free to add anything or your pictures if I missed something. And of course my memory might be fading too.

I totally agree, so very good for the soul!!! :goodvibes

It's not really a bruise anymore...it's got a pinkish colour to it, just an outline really...more like a ghost of the matterhorn bruise :lmao::rotfl2:

LOL, I don't think you need my pics...pretty sure you got everything :rolleyes1 :worship:

Great that you were able to spend that time the night before with your girl right before you left! :thumbsup2

Looks like Stacy gave you a fantastic taste of LA. I want a friend like Stacy :teeth: :rotfl:

Looking forward to the rest! So many fun moments :cool1:

Jumping on this TR!!!! :thumbsup2

Looks like you are having a blast in SoCALI!!!!

Your pictures are amazing!!!!

It's not really a bruise anymore...it's got a pinkish colour to it, just an outline really...more like a ghost of the matterhorn bruise :lmao::rotfl2:

LOL, I don't think you need my pics...pretty sure you got everything :rolleyes1 :worship:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am like MEK- saw Venice Beach quite a long time ago- kind of looks exactly the same! The big character at VB when I was there was a guy who sang and played a guitar and roller skated-

And that house scares me!

In all my trips to Southern California, we have never made it to Venice Beach. It looks really interesting. That house is so strange.

Corinna

It is very interesting to say the least. :rotfl2:

OMG was that a scary looking house.:hippie:..the gargoyle crouching down with the big wings...it looks so creepy!! I would leave a very wide berth!

It is scary. I am not sure what kind of people live there, but it would be fun to find out. :lmao:

Great that you were able to spend that time the night before with your girl right before you left! :thumbsup2

Looks like Stacy gave you a fantastic taste of LA. I want a friend like Stacy :teeth: :rotfl:

Looking forward to the rest! So many fun moments :cool1:

I am sure I missed a few things here and there. :goodvibes
The ghost of the matterhorn...now that would've been a good TR title.
Stacy is so much fun. I had a great time with her on our whirlwind of a day. I am so glad I got to spend time with her.
I hope in my old aging mind I can remember everything. Heck I am already forgetting things that happened on my WDW and that was a week ago. :rotfl:

Jumping on this TR!!!! :thumbsup2

Looks like you are having a blast in SoCALI!!!!

Your pictures are amazing!!!!

Welcome!!! Thanks. I love to take pictures...some come out good...some not so much. :rolleyes:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am like MEK- saw Venice Beach quite a long time ago- kind of looks exactly the same! The big character at VB when I was there was a guy who sang and played a guitar and roller skated-

And that house scares me!

I am not sure what you think is so funny???? :rolleyes1 :confused3 :lmao:

That might be the same guy. I know that guy used to roller skate and I forget who he was, but Stacy did tell me. I recognized the name.

Venice Beach looks so .... interesting... I would like to experience that at least once.

Great Pictures and looks like you had a great time catching up with your friend.

Venice Beach looks so .... interesting... I would like to experience that at least once.

Great Pictures and looks like you had a great time catching up with your friend.

Interesting is a perfect word for it!
It was so nice to finally see her on her turf. I think she was excited to show me so many things.

We next headed towards the beach.
A look back….

This Skate park was fairly new and we stopped to take a look.

Again, I really loved these lifeguard shacks!

And it was so neat to see the boats out on the water.

A pier off to my left.

It was still a little bit foggy here today. I believe this is Paradise Pier off in the distance. Stacy pointed out a few things and I could see part of a Ferris wheel and roller coaster. She said there was construction going on over there and it was really a mess to get over there at this point, so we didn’t even bother going there.

Another “Bay Watch” shot.

We watched these guys jogging….not something very easy to do in sand…and we had to laugh as it appeared his knee had more coverage than other body parts!

And who can resist taking pictures of the ocean.

Of course you cannot come all this way and not at least wade in the water, so I handed Stacy my camera and I went in.

This is my cold look…and yes the water was pretty darn cold.

Actually this is a picture of me taking a picture of the birds with my phone which I posted a few up from here…..

Stacy took this shot, which I love.

And then a few goofy close ups of me.

We then trudged through the sand to head back towards the car. I didn’t take pictures then because it was hard work walking through the sand.

This is my last shot at Venice Beach, and I believe this house was where snapchat was for a while, but it appears they are no longer there.

We then walked back to the car and headed on our way. We had perfect timing as the meter had just about 5 or 10 minutes left on it.
Our next stop was going to be Stacy’s apartment.

Whether on a cruise, or wandering around Venice Beach, you take the BEST water shots, Jen!

And I'm loving the Rapunzel t-shirt on the beach. What a great summary of your trip in one shot! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter