"It was acceptable in the 90s" - A Vintage TR

megarasweet

Mouseketeer
I was just looking through my old family photos, and stumbled across a bunch of photos from our 1998 trip to Disneyland Paris which I have never seen before. My first instinct was, naturally, I have to share these on Disboards!

I warn you in advance, these photos are in no coherent order, and there are a few flash photos inside It's A Small World that will probably make a few of you cringe. There are fingers over the lens, and several dodgy haircuts. Don't say you haven't been warned...

Before we begin, here's a quick 'then and now' of the cast.

vintagecast.png

Megan (me) - six
Paula (my mum) - thirtysomething
Colin (my uncle) - fourteen
George (my brother) - just one!

vintagecast1.png

Paula (my mum) - fourtysomething
Megan (me) - nineteen
George (my brother) - fourteen
Colin (my uncle) - twentysix​

We stayed at Sequoia Lodge with my aunt, who isn't in any of the photos. On the trip we also met up with my best friend and her family (our mums had cleverly planned our trips to coincide, but didn't tell us until we saw each other at the castle!) but there aren't any photos of that either. I spent the majority of my time avoiding any scary costume characters and dragging everyone around It's A Small World time and time again. My mum's main memory is of the Annette's waitresses all fawning over how cute George was. The only downer on the trip was my uncle getting food poisoning, and getting so ill that he and my aunt had to miss the coach home and stay in France a few extra nights.

Aw I love your vintage trip report!! I went to DLP for the first time that year. A day trip whilst on the French exchange with school when I was 14. I feel old now, it looks like such a long time ago!!

lovin that Mickey hat Megan :goodvibes - thanks for sharing your pics.

Aw that was lovely. I'm a Disney latecomer with our first trip to DLP in 2005 so I love seeing what it used to be like - thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

oh superb - thanks!!!

our 1st ever trip was nov 1999 and omg it was sooooo cold lol thats all i can really remember, that n queuing for space mountain.... oh n how cool it wud b to come back when we had kids!! ;)

I don't remember much from our first trip in 1994 but mum always tell me how cold it was! Tgey didn't have a fridge but wanted to keep the milk cold do left it on window ledge and it froze, having to go back at lunch to have a defrost and my fad having to wear my mum's leggins under his jeans lol! Though our last day we are all in jeans and trousers no jumpers or coats! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter