Italian Airways short rant

Grifdog22

Barking Mad!
I have appreciated the comments of folks, good and bad, on airlines. We have an ABD to Sicily in October booked through Italian Air (ITA). Our flight schedule has now been changed 11 times, including moving us back a full day with larger layovers and later final arrival times. This is really discouraging as an airline that keeps cancelling and rescheduling flights. Just passing it on, they are now on my never fly list just because of this. We have gone from direct flight from USA to Rome to multiple legs. We booked through ABD who tell us this is as good as it gets. Just sharing as this is a company to avoid.

I have appreciated the comments of folks, good and bad, on airlines. We have an ABD to Sicily in October booked through Italian Air (ITA). Our flight schedule has now been changed 11 times, including moving us back a full day with larger layovers and later final arrival times. This is really discouraging as an airline that keeps cancelling and rescheduling flights. Just passing it on, they are now on my never fly list just because of this. We have gone from direct flight from USA to Rome to multiple legs. We booked through ABD who tell us this is as good as it gets. Just sharing as this is a company to avoid.
Oh no!! So very sorry to hear this. Those are pretty major changes to your journey. Thanks for the heads up, I don’t have anything planned with them right now but will definitely avoid in the future.

Thanks for the heads' up. That really, really sucks. You're probably too close to flying to try another airline at this point, because I might have asked for a full refund with that day earlier flight, and booked someone else. I know things are bad out there, but I have a hard time believing "that's as good as it gets". :(

Sayhello

Indeed ITA is one of Europe's worst from what I've heard. Sorry to hear of your troubles
We continue to be astounded at the horrific reviews posted on social media. I really don't want to go on this trip now, as it promises to have an impossible beginning and end. It makes traveling Greyhound sound more appealing. This weeks problems are that seat reservations didn't move with the constant rebooking by ITA, and ABD Air says, "you'll just have to talk to them directly." Yes, well we've tried that for some time with no answer or a busy signal, or "I'm sorry, we don't speak English." Compatriots - as you tour Italy, avoid Italian Air at all costs!

We continue to be astounded at the horrific reviews posted on social media. I really don't want to go on this trip now, as it promises to have an impossible beginning and end. It makes traveling Greyhound sound more appealing. This weeks problems are that seat reservations didn't move with the constant rebooking by ITA, and ABD Air says, "you'll just have to talk to them directly." Yes, well we've tried that for some time with no answer or a busy signal, or "I'm sorry, we don't speak English." Compatriots - as you tour Italy, avoid Italian Air at all costs!
Man, I hope you get through to them soon! Everything crossed that the actual flight is not as bad as the back office appears to be!

Sayhello

Isn't Italian Airways the resurected Alitalia? Alitalia was bad enough - that's partly why they went bust! I would avoid ITA!!! I would suggest the train, but since you're going to Sicily....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter