• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's August! It's HOT! It Rains! Wait, Where's Mikey?

Then came the dreaded announcement - Due to weather conditions the parade was postponed. We waited. Then came the announcement again.

Don't you just hate that announcement!! :sad:

880.jpg

I know I hear the groans but I love this ride. When I was a little girl my mom won 2 tickets to the 1964 NY Worlds Fair. She took me! I remember the ride and the trip and it always puts a huge smile on my face.

I had to laugh when I read this.....that's the first time I saw IASW too!! The World's Fair! :) I guess we're dating ourselves!! :lmao:

It was great bumping into you, wish we had more time to chat but we both had ride to get on. We rode haunted mansion right after the parade, the kids love the new que, the we rode small world.

all caught up. The girls looked beautiful. Mikey look like he had fun with the pirate league.

Pecos Bills is so good. Vinny loves the taco salad. He already told me we are eating there so he can get it in October.

How funny to run into Leslie.

IASW is so fun.

I think it is very :cool1: that you have such a great memory of IASW! Not one of my favorites, but we have our own little memory. My first trip we had the DMIL with us, she would not ride IASW, so I didn't get to ride it. Next time we were there and rode it, we called her and when we got the message machine, we held the phone in the air so she could enjoy it too.:rotfl2:

Sorry about the parade. What day was this again? Those dark cloud photos look a lot like my dark photos of MK.

Don't you just hate that announcement!! :sad:

I had to laugh when I read this.....that's the first time I saw IASW too!! The World's Fair! :) I guess we're dating ourselves!! :lmao:

That announcement was made several times and I grew to hate it more each time it was made. We never did get to see the parade.

I think you're right we are dating ourselves. :rotfl2: My age doesn't bother me and I loved the Worlds Fair.

It was great bumping into you, wish we had more time to chat but we both had ride to get on. We rode haunted mansion right after the parade, the kids love the new que, the we rode small world.

It would have been nice to have had more time but when you travel with an entourage it becomes hard to do things.

all caught up. The girls looked beautiful. Mikey look like he had fun with the pirate league.

Pecos Bills is so good. Vinny loves the taco salad. He already told me we are eating there so he can get it in October.

How funny to run into Leslie.

IASW is so fun.

I wondered where you were.

Thanks the girls were really beautiful. Mikey had so much fun being Jake. He was in pirate mode quite a bit after that.

Jim loves the taco salad too. I've never tried it. Maybe in October as long as I can add my onions and mushrooms. We can eat there and then get Vinny to ride Buzz Lightyear while he is in a happy mood.

Leslie and I had plans to try and meet at some time during the day but we ran into each other by chance.

I think it is very :cool1: that you have such a great memory of IASW! Not one of my favorites, but we have our own little memory. My first trip we had the DMIL with us, she would not ride IASW, so I didn't get to ride it. Next time we were there and rode it, we called her and when we got the message machine, we held the phone in the air so she could enjoy it too.:rotfl2:

Sorry about the parade. What day was this again? Those dark cloud photos look a lot like my dark photos of MK.

Too funny about IASW. This was Aug 19th, our first day in the parks. Those dark clouds were an omen of things to come.

I am going to try and get this continued update done again!!! Yesterday I was almost finished and my internet went out. I hate Comcast, I'm having modem issues again. Earlier today I had an even wittier update almost finished and I hit the wrong key and lost everything. Hopefully the third time is the charm.

When I last left you hanging I think we had just finished Haunted Mansion. This was not a favorite for Mikey and Crystal. We backtracked and headed to Frontierland and some mountains. Along the way the kids were sidetracked. They saw a lizard. They now had Jay with them to help catch the lizard. I have a very strange family. They go to Disney to search out and capture the lizards. My favorite question, "What do you intend to do with the said lizard if you in fact catch it?"

The answer - "Keep it of course!" I don't think so I am not losing a lizard in my car. I let them look and try to catch it. So far the most they have come away with is a tail. Little known fact - lizard's lose their tails but they do grow back.

I took a pic of the area and view
904.jpg

the kids looked for the lizard
912.jpg

this one was smart and hid
094.jpg

We got to the mountains and Jen and Jay got FP's for Splash Mountain. Crystal travels over 1,000 miles to watch squirrels.
914.jpg

After the FP's were in hand we traveled over to BTMRR. We knew when we left that Ella's height might create problems. She was 39 & 15/16 inches. Yep just a hair under the elusive 40" mark. We had her measured at the entrance to BTMRR and she just reached the height mark. I knew that was no guarantee but we headed on to try and ride. As we got to the entrance (Exit) the CM was getting ready to check her height and we heard a boom. Yep, it was thunder. The ride was shut down. So was Splash. What to do?

Go to
915.jpg

We still hadn't been on Pirates. Off we went.

Waiting in line
917.jpg

920.jpg

This is another ride that tests my picture taking skills. I was happy with this shot especially
927.jpg

I had read some reports that the dog with the key was different. He looked the same to me
939.jpg

When we were finished the kids wanted to buy some things, Mikey wanted to play pirates and it was raining. We killed some time. The rain let up so we went back to the mountains.

It wasn't quite time for the FP's so we tried BTMRR first. There was a new CM working the handicap area and he wanted my GAC. I was wet and tired and testy. I told him that my ECV was considered the GAC. "No it isn't and why do you need the vehicle." I was getting really irritated at this point and told him that I did not need to answer that question. It's against Disney policy. Then he saw Ella. "She's not going on." I told him that she had already been measured and cleared. He measured her again and decided he needed a supervisor now. I am all for safety and following the rules but this guy was really beginning to annoy me. We were saved by -Yep more thunder. The ride went down again. We did get 16 FP's good til 8/31 for anything in MK.

With BTMRR down of course Splash was also down. What to do. Eat!!! On our way to the CS restaurant I heard Crystal's name being called. It turned out that her dance teachers daughters were in Disney while we were. They recognized her shirt and then her. It was so nice seeing them, they are very lovely girls, and a big surprise.

We traveled on to
940.jpg

I was looking forward to eating here. I loved the chicken parm and pasta. I should have checked the menus more closely before we left. We didn't care. We were hungry, tired and tired of getting wet.
The kids waited patiently for their food
941.jpg

I think this place is so cute
942.jpg

943.jpg

The kids all had the cheese flatbread as did Jennifer. Mike and Jim had Pepperoni Flatbread.
945.jpg

947.jpg

Jay had chicken nuggets and fries. No pics as he told me to go away. I had a meatball sandwich. We all had chocolate cake for dessert.
946.jpg

949.jpg

The kids nibbled at their food and Ella fell asleep. Jim liked the flatbread but sait it was a little to crucnhy. I tasted Ellas and I had to agree. It was good though tastewise. Jay's chicken was hard to mess up. My meatballs were OK. Standard frozen type meatballs. The french fries were a little to thick but edible. The cake was much better than the one I had earlier in the day, Very moist.

I let Mikey take a few pictures. A rare one of me
950.jpg

and Jay
953.jpg

We decided that Jen, Mike and the kids were going back to the resort and Jim, Jay and I would stay for EMH. Mike and Jen ran over to one of the shops to buy a towel for Ella's stroller as it was now soaked from the latest downpour. I held her for while they got the stroller ready. She woke up, looked at me and said "I have to pee", and then she did - all over me.

We all decided to leave as I now had to change my shorts. I looked like I peed myself. Thankfully with the poncho and riding the ECV nobody could tell but wow, I was uncomfortable.

We headed ot the bus stop and had almost no wait. I changed when we got to the room but Jay was tired. We decided to just call it a day. I headed over to the Food Court to get my resort mug and my first glass of Gold Peak citrus white tea. I love that stuff and can't get it around me any more. I also decided to use a snack credit and got a strawberry sundae. It was $4.89 on the menu but the price went up later in the week.
965.jpg

This was really good. Three scoops of ice cream (I had mint chocolate chip and butter pecan), strawberries and not the thick looks like jam kind, and whipped cream. I also got some chocolate chips on it. I took this back to the room and Jim and I shared it.

So day 2, our first day in the park has come to an end.

I did some things that were new with the kids. I did not rush the day and while we did not ride as many things as I would have liked I knew we had another MK day planned. I was a little sad that I missed the EMH but was actually very happy to go to bed.

When that second storm hit we were in Tony's waiting to be seated for dinner, Andrew's stroller got soaked also and we had the cover on it but the winds were so strong it blew it up and water go in. It was still raining after dinner and we got soaked heading over to use our Peter Pan fastpasses because we didn't have ponchos but we bought them the next day.

Too bad about Ella peeing on you, Andrew has done that yet but he threw up on my one morning right before I had to leave for work, yuck.

It wasn't quite time for the FP's so we tried BTMRR first. There was a new CM working the handicap area and he wanted my GAC. I was wet and tired and testy. I told him that my ECV was considered the GAC. "No it isn't and why do you need the vehicle." I was getting really irritated at this point and told him that I did not need to answer that question. It's against Disney policy. Then he saw Ella. "She's not going on." I told him that she had already been measured and cleared. He measured her again and decided he needed a supervisor now. I am all for safety and following the rules but this guy was really beginning to annoy me. We were saved by -Yep more thunder. The ride went down again.

wow....that was a rude CM!!

that does look good!! :thumbsup2

Looks like you had a great time. We went in August again and definately agree it was hot and boy oh boy did it rain, we were there during the Isaac warnings.

It is amazing how you run into people while in Disney, Its a Small World After All, I had to lol. :goodvibes
We ended up running into a friend from dance, a parent from the school council, someone from work and on our flight home we sat beside a family who I supply taught for the little boy. We also ran into the same family about 4 times who lived about 5 minutes away from us. Was nuts!

We too visited BBB and initially thought it would be a waste of money but my 12 year old sister loved it. My brother also got the knight package there.

Looking forward to seeing more of your trip report!

When that second storm hit we were in Tony's waiting to be seated for dinner, Andrew's stroller got soaked also and we had the cover on it but the winds were so strong it blew it up and water go in. It was still raining after dinner and we got soaked heading over to use our Peter Pan fastpasses because we didn't have ponchos but we bought them the next day.

Too bad about Ella peeing on you, Andrew has done that yet but he threw up on my one morning right before I had to leave for work, yuck.

We started using the ponchos on the stroller to try and keep it dry. Ot worked for the most part.

Ella has never vomited on me although Mikey did on her. We were coming back from the shore and he said I don't feel good and that was it. My one daughter got out of the car and started gagging. I took a quick nap. Kids are so much fun.

Looks like you had a great time. We went in August again and definately agree it was hot and boy oh boy did it rain, we were there during the Isaac warnings.

It is amazing how you run into people while in Disney, Its a Small World After All, I had to lol. :goodvibes
We ended up running into a friend from dance, a parent from the school council, someone from work and on our flight home we sat beside a family who I supply taught for the little boy. We also ran into the same family about 4 times who lived about 5 minutes away from us. Was nuts!

We too visited BBB and initially thought it would be a waste of money but my 12 year old sister loved it. My brother also got the knight package there.

Looking forward to seeing more of your trip report!

Thanks for joining in. I have run into people on quite a few trips. One time I didn't know the people but knew they were from my area by something they said. Turned out they knew my family.

I don't know that I would spend the money on the packages at BBB again but the girls really loved it.

More will be coming soon. Stay tuned.

wow....that was a rude CM!!

that does look good!! :thumbsup2

He was rude, I have needed to use an ECV for several years so I am aware of what is done. I had an issue last August regarding the GAC and went to guest services where I was told the ECV speaks for itself.

It was very good.

Too funny about IASW. This was Aug 19th, our first day in the parks. Those dark clouds were an omen of things to come.

Those were the same clouds that are in my pics! We were at MK on the 19th also. That second storm was nasty, we were worried about the fireworks since we were doing the dessert party that night.

Sorry the storms kept you off the Mountains, and that you had to run into a nasty CM. :cool1: about the FP's though.

That sundae looks really good!

Those were the same clouds that are in my pics! We were at MK on the 19th also. That second storm was nasty, we were worried about the fireworks since we were doing the dessert party that night.

Sorry the storms kept you off the Mountains, and that you had to run into a nasty CM. :cool1: about the FP's though.

That sundae looks really good!

Those clouds were nasty. We could see the rain from inside the restaurant and I was glad we weren't dealling with it. How was the dessert party? I have thought of doing it when I don't have all of the kids with me.

I wasn't too concerned about the mountains as I expected to stay off of them with Ella. The CM attitude was a little much.

It was really good.

DAY 3 - DHS

That was our plan based on the EMH that night.

So the day started for me at 6:30 AM. I don't know why but I rarely sleep in on vacation. I got up and showered and then took a walk to the food court for some coffee. I know that the coffee has a bad rap at Disney but it's hot, brown and has caffeine. It works for me. I drink my brothers coffee and you can stand a spoon in that so Disney coffee is nothing. :lmao: Usually I will walk around and take pics but decided not to this trip as I took pics of the whole resort on 2 trips last year. I did have the camera with me and spotted this little guy
126.jpg

I hate snails but it made me think of a dinner in July where a friend ordered them as an apppetizer. Snails as food? Still don't get it.

This was our room and view
127.jpg

128.jpg

We were on the ground floor looking at landscaping hiding the road. It was very convenient to the bus stop however.

I had hoped to get to the bus stop by 8:30. At least that was the plan. Getting 8 people ready and 3 of them being little ones plans doesn't always work out. Ella needed a shower to wash her hair out. She unfortunately has baby fine hair and it was falling apart. I will say they put a LOT of gel and spray in the hair. Crystal was still in good shape.

I found a person who makes the cutest hair-bows from a friend so we had 4 for each of the girls.
968.jpg

969.jpg

A close-up of the bow
970.jpg

While Jen finished getting her things together Mikey and I headed towards the bus stop. And Mikey took off. He wanted to see the courtyard. I got a pic of him
972.jpg

And we were off to wait for the bus. We were only about a 45 minutes behind schedule so I was happy. With Jennifer we have learned to tell her we need to be places 2 hours earlier than we actually do but I knew that wouldn't work here. She knew the park didn't open til 9 AM. :rotfl2:

We had almost no wait and a fairly empty bus so I could get on. Crystal decided she liked sitting in the very back of the bus
974.jpg

Mikey wanted to stand like his dad
977.jpg

We got to the park around 9:45. Jen needed to buy the kids new autograph books because the rains the day before soaked the books and she also got a mister. I took a few pics
978.jpg

981.jpg

We got through the gates and Jennifer and Jay grabbed all of our KTTW cards and headed straight back to Toy Story Mania. We grabbed the kids and moved a little slower. When we got to Pixar Place we saw the first character here - the Green Army Man
984.jpg

The kids got autographs. The standby time was already 55 minutes, the FP time was for around 3:30. :scared1: I don't know why that ride has such horrible times.

We walked a bit and found the giant coke bottles. Ella loved them. Mikey not so much, he took off running. Thankfully not far, he does not like showers.
989.jpg

990.jpg

After getting sprayed - it was already hot! I believe the temps were in the mid-90's with a heat index in the triple digits that day - we headed to
985.jpg

up next we go on the Backlot Tour

Crystal is smart. The back of those buses is especially great on cold days or when you are wet. Those seats get nice and warm.

Love the pics of Mickey at the entrance. Sky is such a beautiful blue.

I wondered where you were.

Thanks the girls were really beautiful. Mikey had so much fun being Jake. He was in pirate mode quite a bit after that.

Jim loves the taco salad too. I've never tried it. Maybe in October as long as I can add my onions and mushrooms. We can eat there and then get Vinny to ride Buzz Lightyear while he is in a happy mood.

Leslie and I had plans to try and meet at some time during the day but we ran into each other by chance.

Hiding. :rotfl2:

I might try the salad next trip. You can try to get him on it. He is still saying he will not go on.

Great update and pics.

Your family knows everyone at Disney. :rotfl2:

Um excuse me but it was an appetizer and not dinner. I had the chicken parm for dinner and those snails were really good. :lmao:

What was the name of that place? I might take Vinny and his sister down one Sunday for an early dinner.

The ice cream looked good.

Crystal is smart. The back of those buses is especially great on cold days or when you are wet. Those seats get nice and warm.

Love the pics of Mickey at the entrance. Sky is such a beautiful blue.

She is smart but I never knew that about the seats. I don't like the back.

Thanks that sky was really blue that morning. Did it stay that way?

Hiding. :rotfl2:

I might try the salad next trip. You can try to get him on it. He is still saying he will not go on.

Great update and pics.

Your family knows everyone at Disney. :rotfl2:

Um excuse me but it was an appetizer and not dinner. I had the chicken parm for dinner and those snails were really good. :lmao:

What was the name of that place? I might take Vinny and his sister down one Sunday for an early dinner.

The ice cream looked good.

He is very stubborn. I can't hit anything on it either but I enjoy the ride. Maybe we can change his mind in the next 3 weeks.

We just run into a lot of people, what can I say.

Sorry I Know you enjoy them but I picture that thing crawling in the garden or worse the big ones minus a shell that I get. The restaurant is called Georgines. You can get info on the website.

It was good.

I love the view you had very pretty. The smiles on the kids faces are precious, they looked like they were having a great time.

Snails are delicious.;)

I love the view you had very pretty. The smiles on the kids faces are precious, they looked like they were having a great time.

Snails are delicious.;)

It was a nice view and very quiet back there. The kids did have a really great time.

You and Scott can have them. I am only picky about some things when it comes to food - they are on my list of will not eat ever. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter