It's crazy at the Fort

Magicbus

DIS Veteran
Stopped in Friday night, wow. Decorations are out of control. Golf carts everywhere. Saw the mayor. Of course he was flirting with a CM. Followed him to ask him where TnBob was. Drove to TnBob's site, no TnBob. Hey, there's a Gator inflatable at that site, could it be? Knock, knock, oh, you're not who I thought you were, sorry. Ok, I'll try AuburnJen and LornaDucks sites, empty. Must be looping. Mind you, I'm looping with my car, breaking the rules again. I'm such a non conformist. How did I get in, in the first place? Ok, 100 loop here I come, pay dirt, Mnsprk. Met them for the first time. Of course, very nice folks. Well it's dark out, time to go home. I'll be back tomorrow night.

I was at the Fort last year at this time and it was crazy then.

It is crazy no doubt!!! More people than ever and tomorrow will be even crazier.

I love you guys. Stayed at the campground in the early 80s and once in the cabins since. Been staying at the traditional resorts since but it seems I'm missing the party. Almost had a solo trip going in December but my adult kids decided that they needed to go as well. One of these days I need to revisit the Wilderness.

We may try and visit while we're there to see first hand the wonder of FW during the holidays.

Stopped in Friday night, wow. Decorations are out of control. Golf carts everywhere. Saw the mayor. Of course he was flirting with a CM. Followed him to ask him where TnBob was. Drove to TnBob's site, no TnBob. Hey, there's a Gator inflatable at that site, could it be? Knock, knock, oh, you're not who I thought you were, sorry. Ok, I'll try AuburnJen and LornaDucks sites, empty. Must be looping. Mind you, I'm looping with my car, breaking the rules again. I'm such a non conformist. How did I get in, in the first place? Ok, 100 loop here I come, pay dirt, Mnsprk. Met them for the first time. Of course, very nice folks. Well it's dark out, time to go home. I'll be back tomorrow night.

Look along the shore line or the dock behind the Meadows if the truck and cart are there.

It is crazy no doubt!!! More people than ever and tomorrow will be even crazier.

Yep this year is the worst we have seen and and we just got back from the haunted carriage ride which was really great and now they are even having CMs directing traffic at the ends of the center road thru the CG at each end to direct traffic. This is the first time we have ever seen this done and we've been at FW over either Xmas or Halloween for the last 5 or 6 years each year.

Larry

We drove over last night to attend the Halloween party at MK and I was surprised to see how packed the boat launch for FW was at the MK. I don't believe I have ever seen that many people waiting to go back to the Fort, and it was only about 5:30.

CMs directing traffic at the ends of the center road thru the CG at each end to direct traffic. T

Larry

The best part is they are even stopping and checking the younger GC drivers for a valid Drivers license.

Finally!

The best part is they are even stopping and checking the younger GC drivers for a valid Drivers license.

Finally!

Well that is a start, but my biggest complaint is against Disney not requiring the maintenance/custodial workers that are in the loops all the time not reporting ...

Underaged GC drivers

Too many vehicles at a site or improperly parked like on the grass on on the loop road.

People leaving their pets outside and no attended on ropes that are so long they can actually get to the edge of the road and if you are walking it scares you to death when a large dog runs at you and you have no idea if it will be stopped and there is not an owner around.

Larry

It was crazy fun in the 1600 loop last night. Such frivolity and Tom Foolery!! Oh, and I understand that shortly after I left there was a bonfire??? :rotfl2:

It was crazy fun in the 1600 loop last night. Such frivolity and Tom Foolery!! Oh, and I understand that shortly after I left there was a bonfire??? :rotfl2:

That's what happens when you put 60 candles in a one square foot area! :rotfl:

:thumbsup2It was also nice to meet so many FrIENDS for the first time.:thumbsup2

It sounds like things might be a bit crazy this year,,I'm glad you and Linda are gett'n to meet a lotta fine fiends,,I hope ya'll are hav'n a grand time,:thumbsup2

Well that is a start, but my biggest complaint is against Disney not requiring the maintenance/custodial workers that are in the loops all the time not reporting.
Isn't that security's job. It's not fair to ask these people that are actually working to do the job of someone that's not. FYI, security CMs are the 2nd highest paid non-trade at WDW.
Too many vehicles at a site or improperly parked like on the grass on on the loop road.
That would be me. Do it all the time.
People leaving their pets outside and not attended
Absolutely, they should be asked to leave.
It was crazy fun in the 1600 loop last night. Such frivolity and Tom Foolery!! Oh, and I understand that shortly after I left there was a bonfire?
Yup, where did my eyebrows go.
It was also nice to meet so many for the first time.
Yes, so many.
That's what happens when you put 60 candles in a one square foot area!
I did hear sirens. But it was just TnBob.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter