It's OFFICIAL! We're going to DL!!

pjlla

DIS Veteran
I've been posting for a few months about this "tentative" trip we were planning out west. Well, it is finally an OFFICIAL trip! YIPPEE!!

You cannot possibly imagine my excitement. I am 40 years old and have never been further west than Michigan (and that was only once when I was 11!) I have VIRTUALLY never traveled off the east coast. So imagine how excited I am that I will be seeing New Mexico, the Grand Canyon, the Hoover Dam, and..... drum roll please..... DISNEYLAND!! And I'm excited for my kids to be seeing all this stuff.... an opportunity I never had as a child.

I want to thank all you DL folks for sharing all your knowledge with an east coaster. We got some pretty good flights/times/prices through Southwest yesterday. I've got a fairly good summer price at the HoJo Anaheim, through Mousesavers, and we have 3 days to experience the best of DL and DCA! California, here we come! .............(Now I just gotta figure out how to change my countdown clock!).......................P

Hello fellow Southern NH poster. I'm LOL as I too booked my flights on SW yesterday at around 2:01 PM (LOVE their service out of MHT). Our family did the Grand Canyon trip last year, absolutely loved it, and We're doing Disneyland and southern CA this year. Going 6/23 thru 7/3. When are you going?? I had never been "west" before last year either. It's a whole different world out there! Just beautiful. We've been to WDW many times, but this will be our first trip to DL. As always, scanning these boards for the inside information that is always provided. Have a great trip; maybe we're on the same flight!

Congrats on booking what sounds like a true dream trip! We share some of your excitement, as we just booked a trip for this summer. This will be our first time back to Disneyland in over 10 years. We are very excited and are going to celebrate my daughter's high school graduation and 18th birthday. The last time we were there, our youngest wasn't even born, so he's exctited to go where his big brother and sister have fond memories of. We had gone three years in a row in conjunction with a business confernece. We can't wait!

Thanks for sharing in my excitement. To mmfan1... sorry, we won't be sharing a flight. We are actually flying to NM for a family wedding, and then renting a car for the drive to the GC, etc, ending, of course, in Anaheim. We will fly home from there. We are going to be arrive in CA 7-12 and departing 7-16. I'll be counting the days soon!................P

You will LOVE Disneyland....my first trip out, I went with the thoughts that Disneyland is NOT WDW, and if I feel disappointed, that is ok, because I just want to say I had gone and seen it.............well, we LOVED it...so much we went back and we are planning to return later this year. We are east coast folks too....but please take my word, you will love it and it feels so special there.... :flower:

While not an expert by any means, and there are many on this Disneyland thread that ARE experts and know much more than I do....I'm glad to answer any questions. We stay in AZ when we go west, so anything I might be able to answer about that area too, let me know!!

Sounds like a great trip!!! How fun!! Love to hear when people are so excited to come visit where I live. Makes me remember how lucky I am to be here. :cloud9:

You're coming when it's likely to be HOT - but we typically don't get humidity, so it shouldn't be that bad. You are coming just before DL's 50th Birthday (Jul 17)!! Everything is prepping for that weekend. The crowds will be insane, but it will be beautiful, everything will be open, everyone will be in great spirits, and it will be a trip to remember!!!

Enjoy your trip to my great state!! :sunny: :sunny:

We're prepared for HOT! Joking with my DH today, I mentioned that at least when we are packing for this trip, we won't have to take up any room in the suitcases for long pants, jackets, or mittens! When we go to WDW, usually in January, we have to be prepared for all possibilities... so we have to bring clothes for many temperatures, everything from shorts and swimsuits to jackets and mittens! At least we will know what to expect for weather in CA! ................P

We just booked our airfare yesterday with SWA. Gotta love their rates! We are so excited. We will be there from 6/25 thru 7/3, flying into San Diego and staying for a few days then driving up to Anaheim for Disney Land and to see some relatives.

I will definitely check out Hojo Anaheim. My dh is so spoiled, when we go to WDW, we always get a villa with 2brs/2baths. They don't seem to be plentiful near DL.

Wonderful!
I'm from New Mexico so if you need any info for here, I'd be happy to try to help.
I know you will have a magical trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter