It's Real, It's Real, It's Really REAL!!

PigletsMommy

Mouseketeer
:dance3::banana::cool1::dance3::banana::cool1::dance3::banana::cool1::dance3::banana::cool1::dance3::banana::cool1::dance3::banana::cool1:

Why all the dancing smileys? Well because this trips has been rescheduled not once, not twice, not three, not even four times... but FIVE yes thats the number 5 times!! And this time its REAL! Its booked. I have the confirmations printed and all the reservations made...so its REAL! And the best part is....Only 3 weeks and 6 days to go! Yippee! Pardon me while a I do some more dancing!:rotfl:

This is my 2nd PTR but the 1st one that WILL be finished! So lets get the basics out of the way!

Who?

Me:Katie (30) SAHM. I also do some babysitting during the day to help fund my Disney obsession.
DH:Wes (31) EMT/Firefighter. Works hard everyday so that I can stay home with our daughter. He is a wonderful husband and an amazing father.
DD:Lizzie (aka Elizabeth aka Liz aka Lou Lou) (15 months tomorrow) Sweet little angel who loves to cuddle and make her parents laugh. She is spoiled rotten by her grandparents and loves being the center of attention:cloud9:

My mom may also be going with us. We will find out tonight or tomorrow.
DM: (50ish) She drives bus for the city. She is the hardest working person I know. She deserves a break so I hope she can get the time off. She also loves her granddaughters more than anything. Her other granddaughter lives in MI and she does not get to see her very often, but still finds a way to spoil them both equally.:lovestruc

So how about some pictures?

Here is our family. Taken last November in the Great Smokey Mtn National Park
smokeymtns.jpg

This is Lizzie's 1st birtday pictue
0076a.jpg

And of course the cake. She is sitting with DM and I'm in the background
bdaycake.jpg

DH & I on our honeymoon Oct 2006
Picture118.jpg

My first trip...somewhere around 1988 or 89
9a.jpg

Now onto the particulars...
Where: Pop Century
When: February 28-March 5
Tickets: 6 Day MYW
Dining: QSDP - 2 meals 2 snacks per day...Plus 1 OOP table service (More details on that to come)

Up next...the reason behind the title of this PTR!

So very excited for you! I know it's going to be a very magical trip!

Last summer DH and I decided that we were going to take a trip to WDW to celebrate our anniversary (Oct 28) and Lizzie's Birday (Nov 2). I booked the trip and even bought tickets to MNSSHP. :mad: Due to finances we had to cancel that trip:sad2: I was so upset about missing MNSSHP. But I learned my lesson:teacher:...we only book Disney when we can pay the whole thing up front... :idea:

So in November I was talking to a friend about missing out on Disney and she said she wants to take her son, who is 4. We are all really close and decided to do a Mommy/child trip with her and her son and my daughter and I. We made reservations for Feb 8-12... and when the final payment was due my friend's husband says he wants to go too. Well if he is going then my husband wants to go.:rolleyes1 But I did not budget for that (we would no longer be sharing hotel room obviously) so we rescheduled for the end of April. A few weeks later her husband realizes that weekend we get home is Talladega. So we reschedule for May 2 week.

Wait this isnt over:sad2: This past Sunday night I get a phone call ... My friend calling to say they cant go at all. Her job is upgrading their computer system and they have closed the calendar until July:scared1: No one can take off at all.

So DH and I talked about it and decided since we will still go. And we will go SOON! The anticipation is already killing me. Well I babysit for a few kids everyday and HAVE to give some noticed that they need another sitter for a week. So we decided a month should be enough time and now we are booked for Feb 28 to March 5.

The plans:

We are taking advantage of the current promotion and getting the $300 GC for staying at Pop Century. :woohoo: Also doing the QSDP...did it last spring and loved it. I especially love that it comes with 2 snacks...I'm a snack person. We did however score one ADR. Something I have been dying to do is eat at CP before the park opens. That is another reason I picked those dates... I got on the dining reservation site and looked for an 8:05 am reservation. We couldnt get 8:05 but we did score 8:10 on March 2:woohoo:

Next up... the touring plans!

Popping over from “MainStMandy’s” PTR. Look forward to hearing your touring plans :)

I've decided to keep our plans very loose this time. I've never been to WDW with a child, let alone a toddler, so this should be interesting!:scared1: I'm also prepared to have to drop any and all plans to go back to our room if it gets to be too much for her. I know if she is not happy then we will not enjoy ourselves either. Most of my ride choices revolve around her but if we can fit in a few for us then that will be great. My mom has already said if we want to ride some things she will keep Lizzie at a playground or something. Since we are doing the QSDP I did not include any meal plans. We will pretty much head to the closest counter service place when we get hungry (or Liz gets hungry).

Also, my aunt (who lives in MI) is going on vacation the same time we are but will be in Tampa. She wants to meet up for lunch so I'm waiting to hear back from her to confirm our plans.

Sunday, February 28
4:30am – Arrive at airport
5:30 – Depart Nashville for Orlando (Lay over in Atlanta)
10:38: Arrive Orlando

Plan A
Check into Pop Century
Head to Downtown Disney to meet my Aunt for lunch
Do a little shopping
Dinner at Pop century, explore resort, or rest
Possibly go to EMH at MK (8pm – 11pm)

Plan B
Check into Pop Century
Go resort exploring:
Boardwalk
Beachclub
Wilderness Lodge
Contemporary
Poly
Grand Floridian
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Dinner at Pop, explore resort, or rest
Possibly go to EMH at MK (8pm-11pm) - Just DH & I

Monday, March 1 – Magic Kingdom
8:10am – Breakfast at CP (pay OOP) – This will test our daughter’s character interaction and set the tone for what character meets we do.

This is a VERY loose touring plan. We plan on taking a break around 11 back to POP and then return at 3pm. If we don’t ride then we can come back the morning of departure day and fill in what we missed. We can also add in some play time at Donald’s Boat if DD wants/needs play time.

Must do attractions:
Dumbo
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Golden Carrousel
Small World
Head to Toontown for meeting characters
Country Bear Jamboree
TTA
Laugh Floor comedy club
Parades & Fireworks

Possibly See/Do:
Enchanted Tiki Room
Pirates of Carribean
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mtn
Big Thunder Mtn RR
Jungle Cruise

Tuesday, March 2 – Hollywood Studios
Breakfast in room
8:30 – Arrive HS

Must do attractions:
Toy Story Mania
Great Movie Ride
Muppets
Honey I shrunk the kids playground
ToT (this one is for me…its my fav ride in all of WDW)

Must See:
Playhouse Disney
Lights Motors Action

Possibly See:
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Indiana Jones

Wednesday, March 3 – Epcot
This day is mainly for my Mom. She has never been to Epcot and loves gardening so I want her to experience it. There isn’t a whole lot that I can think of for Lizzie to do here. I would love for my Mom to do Soarin but I’m not sure how to do it with Lizzie. It is DH & my fav ride here too. Anyone have suggestions on how all 3 of us can ride? Maybe we can split up and someone rides twice.

Breakfast in room
8:30 Arrive at Epcot

Must Do:
Living with the land
Finding Nemo
Turtle Talk
Check out Flower & Garden Festival displays
Explore World Showcase

Possibly do:
Soarin
Test Track
Character meets

Thursday, March 4 – Animal Kingdom
Since AK closes at 5pm we may use this evening to do the opposite of what we did day 1. Either explore resorts or visit Downtown Disney

Breakfast in Room
8:30 – Arrive AK

Must Do
Kilimanjaro Safari
Maharaja Jungle Trek
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
Rafiki ‘s Planet Watch

Must See
Festival of Lion King
Finding Nemo Musical
Parade

Possibly See/Do
Its Tough to be a Bug
The Boneyard
Camp Minnie-Mickey

Friday, March 5 – Departure Day:sad2:
This is a “make up” day. Finish anything we missed at MK, see any resorts we missed, or do some shopping. Our plane leaves at 7:30pm so we will have to be back to POP by 4pm to catch Magical Express bus back to MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter