I've got the goodies, now what about the bag?

pwoodham

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/"targe
I've got 16 Disney goodie/airplane activity bags - one for each person in our party. Right now, all the stuff is in plastic baggies, which aren't cute and are too small to close if the goodies include a coloring or sticker book. Not every child will be carrying their own backpack, so I'd like them to be able to pull their own little bag out of the carryon when we get on the plane. I don't want to spend alot of $$, so I've been considering making drawstring bags out of some cheap fabric. Any other thoughts?

One year at a Hallmark sale I got Disney character gift bags - like you would put a present in - -very cheaply! I used those for the good bags and it worked well.

Liz

Hi, I've been making bags for our next trip. I downloaded a bunch of clip art off the web. Then printed them out on T-shirt transfer paper on my printer. I bought the canvas bags at Wal-mart ( in the craft section) and ironed on the clip art. They are so cute. I also used paint pens to put their names on the bags. Our Wal-mart has the bags in 2 sizes, a small kid size and a larger adult size. I bought the larger size because I kept finding more stuff for the kids. The bags are about $2.50 each, not to bad.

Tracy

If sealing the bag is what you're after, why not get some jumbo-size ziploc bags? To make them prettier, you can have the kids decorate them with stickers or permanent markers (with supervision, of course.) They'll take up less room than a gift bag in your carry on and they can be sealed in between taking things in and out of them.

Do you sew?

I'm making draw string bags for my girls stuff with disney fabric from JoAnn fabrics. CHEAP!!!! less that $2 each and easy!! I taught my 7 year old and she made 10 for her party favor bags!11

What you needed-
Various colored "lunch bag" style gift bags (about $.50 each) at Walmart (for even cheaper/less expensive version, buy regular brown lunch bags)
Disney Stickers (under $2 each style for a pack of 4 sheets)
Curling ribbion in various colors
hole punch

Decorate each bag with Disney Stickers, fold top over, with hole punch, punch two holes at the top of the bag, lace curling ribbon through holes, tie into a bow, curl ends.

Ahh, the most complex solution appeals to me yet again (why do I do this to myself??)

First, all the ideas are GREAT. But since Tracy's ideas involves more $$ and more work, naturally it's the one I couldn't wait to start!! (Did I say I wanted to do this for just a little$$?) Anyway, I got 14 canvas bags, lots of ribbon (most on sale for $.44 a roll), some clipart and some fabric paint. I'm gluing 3 strips of ribbon to the top of each bag, a different set of colors for each bag. On one side, I plan to put a small piece of transfer clipart (trying to keep the transfer paper cost to a minimum) with some decorative painting and a few jewel-type beads, most of which I've had for years. On the other side, I'll write "So-and-so's Disney Bag, 2002" and into it go all the goodies. I realized this would be an opportunity to give everyone something really from me that is both useful and will provide a great memory. I'm hoping they'll be able to use the bags when going to the pool, etc.

Thanks so much, everyone. If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will when I get them done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter