Jaime's journal (May 16, 2005)

Destination Disney

Welcome Foolish Mortals!
Well, I am going to give this a try. I have taken my first steps into my weight loss quest. I am giving the cabbage soup diet a whirl. This allows me to eat healthy and start to get into the groove of dicipline. I just returned from a cruise and I swear I gained 10 pounds!
I am trying to become pregnant this year and I am wanting to shed a few pounds before I do so.
My goal is to drop 15-20 pounds.
I went out an bought this great scale that you can program to chart your progress.
Now each time I step on it, it shows my current weight, my start weight, how much I have gained or lost, and lastly how much further I have to go to reach my target goal!
Here we go.

Day 1: Eat as much soup as you like and all the fruit you want................
No bananas! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Good luck as you begin your journey! Losing a little before baby isn't a bad idea. Good motivation!

What brand of scale is it and where did you find it? Sounds interesting.

Have great week!

Well, I started on Monday and have made it until Thursday and I have lost 5 lbs! YAY! As far as the cabbage soup diet...the soup I can't even stand to smell. (I grossed myself out of it), but I am taking the basic structure and guidelines and changing my eating habits. Now that I have returned from vacation and have began back at work, I have no timeto "snack" during the day. Need to get to my goal though.
Oh, by the way...The scale I bought is a "Health O Meter" and I found it at Target. Was $34.99 now...$29.99!

I'm just getting started too and wanted to wish you GOOD LUCK!!! :Pinkbounc but it's not really luck you need, just determination! :)

Hang in there!

Jen

Way to go Jaime! I'm trying to lose a bit and get in better shape before I get pregnant too. Keep up the good work and don't forget to excersise!

FRIDAY... I stood on my scale today and I have lost 7lbs. I was so excited. I still have about 15+ more pounds until my goal. Of coarse I would like to go beyond that, but baby steps...right!

Speaking of steps, I found an easy way to excercise. Ankle weights! I found them at Wal-Mart for like $10 and I strap them on and go! They are great while doing work around the house, walking around the block, etc. I even wore them to work one day and after walking around with those puppies on for a few hours, after I took them off it was like I was floating on air with ever step!

I'll be in the Orlando area tomorrow, gonna stop by and see MICKEY!

Thanks for all of the encouragement...may all of our WISHES come true!

Jaime

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter