Jane's DFTW TR: Wedding Day Video Link added 11/13

Here are some close up photos of my vail. I am thinking about adding some hidden Mickeys but I'm not 100% on that yet.

dscn1355gp5.jpg

dscn1360kg1.jpg

dscn1358uw5.jpg

I will add all the details of our wedding day over the weekend.

Here are some close up photos of my vail. I am thinking about adding some hidden Mickeys but I'm not 100% on that yet.

dscn1355gp5.jpg

dscn1360kg1.jpg

dscn1358uw5.jpg

I will add all the details of our wedding day over the weekend.

I love the veil ~ I very nearly bought that one! :)

Looking forward to hearing your wedding day details! popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

I love the veil ~ I very nearly bought that one! :)

Looking forward to hearing your wedding day details! popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

The was a longer version that they did originally ask me to try but I felt like there was a lot going on and I don't think I would have liked it in the Florida heat. So I went with the shorter version in the end.

Everything looks great! Gorgeous dress and it fits you so well. I agree, If you have time, your veil would look really cute with hidden mickeys on it.

The was a longer version that they did originally ask me to try but I felt like there was a lot going on and I don't think I would have liked it in the Florida heat. So I went with the shorter version in the end.

It's fantastic ~ and my veil, I forgot to add, has hidden Mickeys. You should definately do that! :) I bought a "bejewler" to add some more on!

Jane -- Everything is coming together beautifully! Love the attendants' dresses and the shoes are darling! Your hair looks fabulous up! Oh, and if I were having a veil, I'd DEFINITELY add some Mickeys :lovestruc

It all looks like its coming along perfectly and i love your hair and you look beautiful in your dress its so pretty. I cant wait to see your wedding photos. You must be getting so excited.

Thanks for the comments girls, I really need to update this PJ. I decided to add the Mickey's to my veil after all. I'm getting very excited at the moment I'm counting the days left at work.

Lots of updates for you lets start with the bridesmaids dramas I have had...

Here is some pictures from her fitting with her new hair.

dsc00238ae7.jpg

dsc00239pi4.jpg

Suzie and Caitlin

Their fittings went fine. Suzie's dress was taken in and Caitlin's fitted like a glove. I only have some photos of Caitlin, I was to busy stressing about shoes when I was at Suzie's fitting!!

dsc00266yo0.jpg

dsc00267km5.jpg

The Big SHOE Problem!!!!!

When choosing my bridesmaids outfits I said all along that I wanted them to match. I also wanted them to have dyed shoes to match the colour of the dresses. My mum talked me out of this as she said it was a waste of money.

Well when we were at Talisa's first fitting Mum said it would look better if the older girls shoes were dyed!!! So we asked the shop to dye them for us. Well three weeks to go and the dye didn't take the shoes looked terrible and they were sold to me as shoes that could be dyed. Well this nearly pushed me other the edge but mum was brilliant she went and got my money back from the shoe shop. So at Talisa's second fitting we had some shoes put aside for her to try but she has funny shaped feet so none of them fitted her. So we had an hour to find new shoes before she went home.

We found some silver sandals in the end but now all my bridesmaids will have different shoes as Talisa needed a different style to fit her. Not what I wanted but to be honest we haven't got the time to hunt down shoes and I'm not a great shopper I just wanted the problem solved. Sorry I have no photos girls as the shoes are now packed and ready to go!

Virgin Holiday Drama

Now all of my holidays that I have booked in the past eight years have been with Virgin and I have never had any problems this time I think they are testing me.

A few weeks ago I had my room block confirmation sent to me. It showed that my Mum, Mick and Talisa's room was booked at a different resort to us. So I questioned it thinking it was just human error, I booked us all in to the same resort and I had double checked the paperwork countless times. It turns out that the Disney system was showing them in a different resort so I had to call Virgin. It took all day for them to sort it out and thankfully it is sorted now but I was so worried they wouldn't be able to fit them in the same resort now with just a few weeks before we arrive. Did I really need this stress.

I also spent over an hour with them on the phone on Thursday because for our Discovery Cove Day they had Caitlin as an adult and Talisa as a Child. When they corrected the error the system then tried to refund me half of our money back as if to cancel two of the bookings in our group. Thankfully I also got them to double check our paperwork and they had also made errors with my limo transfers.

Thankfully these problems have been noticed before we have left and not whilst we are there.

We have had some crafty moments at my Mums house!

I'm not having a hen do in England. We are having a girly day the day before the wedding and I want everyone to know we are there for a wedding so we made some tops for all the girls that day. It took us ages.

dscn1487ia2.jpg

dscn1494vq4.jpg

dscn1493yl0.jpg

dscn1495mu0.jpg

dscn1496hj8.jpg

dscn1497ov9.jpg

MY DF doesn't want to wear the Mickey ear top hat when we are there so I got him a grooms cap which also come with a brides cap so we added some Mickey's to it. I'm going to get the Mickey ears.

dsc00285xh8.jpg

We also added two hidden Mickey's to my veil. I was worried about doing this but I don't think it turned out that bad.

dsc00284tz1.jpg

Grooms T-Shirts

I also found some great T-****s for my DF for the holiday.

dscn1491jz9.jpg

dscn1492ce8.jpg

dsc00287np2.jpg

This one is for the plane journey to wined up my disney hating brother, I didn't think Darren would wear it but he is really getting into the disney spirit. I also have a mickey t-shirt to wear on the plane.

dsc00247hv7.jpg

My Wedding Dress is at my Mum's

We went for my first dress fitting last Friday. They only needed to take it up for me so they did it there and then so we got to take it home.

dscn1599jo3.jpg

Wedding Day Plans (Finally)

We were debating lots of our options as when we started planing this wedding we wanted to stick to the $10,000 but as time got nearer we thought we are only ever going to do this once so my DF let me add in Cindy's Coach and some other extras, this is the guy who vowed he would never get in it. So our weddings final cost was...

$16745.88

I know this is only for 12 people but I am having the wedding I have dreamed of since 1996, and believe me we have worked hard for this day/holiday.

So here are our plans

Our Planner - Michelle Gilhooly
Officiant - Rev. Kevin Knox
Photography - Misty Miotto (All Day)
Videography - STVS (Five Hours)

We are getting married at the Wedding Pavilion at 2.30 pm.
We have booked Cinderella's Carriage and a limo for the other guests.
We have booked the Major Domo. I'm not sure about this choice but this is one of my DF's requests as he has no best man.

Our pre-reception is at the White Hall Room Patio and is going to be an hour and a half long and the Major Domo is going to stay to do our announcements. During this time we will have the cake cutting and Mickey and Minnie will visit us. We have the violin solo booked for our pre-reception.

At 5pm we will move in to the White Hall Room for our first dance and dinner. We are going to have the Roman table and piano set up. We also have the pianist booked for dinner.

At 7.30 pm we will go to our dessert party in Morocco. I have asked to have this extended for an extra half an hour.

We also have the MK photo shoot booked for two days after our wedding and I have ordered the Hi-Res CD.

Wedding Ceremony Music

We have chosen the following music for our ceremony.

Prelude: A Whole New World
Groom: Someday My Prince Will Come
Bridesmaids: Cannon In "D"
Bride: Chime The Hour/Traditional Wedding March
Domo: Fanfare/A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
Unity: All I Ask Of You
Recessional: Queen Of Sheba/Can You Feel The Love Tonight

Pre-Reception Food

Bottled Water (BOC)
Sparkling Wine (BOC)
Fresh fruit display
Antipasto display

Wedding Cake

Two tier Mickey Wave cake with white chocolate castle cake topper. Marble cake with dark chocolate mousse.

Dinner Menu

We have requested beef for the main course but both me and my mum will be having a chicken for our main.

Chicken satay with peanut sauce
Strawberry sorbet in Cinderella's slipper ice sculpture with a purple glow
Twin beef filet with maple BBQ sauce or parmesan crusted chicken breast with mushroom marsala sauce with yukon gold mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables
Rolls and butter
Wedding cake and vanilla ice cream for dessert
Coffee and Tea

We are having the package bar during dinner.

Dessert Party

We have decided on the Petit Classics menu which contains the following

Cheesecake
Chocolate eclair
Chocolate fudge brownies
Pistachio cannoli
Linzer diamonds
Cream horns
Fruit tart
Tiramisu

WOW! Everything sounds great! Your dress is beautiful:thumbsup2 great choice. That is totally a dream dress for a dream wedding! Everthing sounds magical and the day is almost here so you must be very excited:woohoo:

Your dress is beautiful! So poofy and princess like!! Love all the crafty stuff you've done!

Sounds great and compared to what you would pay in England for a wedding its a great price for your dream wedding especially with the exchange rate as it is. I hope you do a trip report. :)

MyMelody said:
WOW! Everything sounds great! Your dress is beautiful:thumbsup2 great choice. That is totally a dream dress for a dream wedding! Everthing sounds magical and the day is almost here so you must be very excited:woohoo:

Thank you. The first thing I said when I woke up yesterday morning was 'We are going to America next week!' so I think I'm getting a little!

29apr00 said:
Your dress is beautiful! So poofy and princess like!! Love all the crafty stuff you've done!

Thank you, I forgot how big the dress was I'm just hoping I can move around alright on the day and not knock anyone over :rotfl2:

WithDisneySpirit said:
I love all your plans too!! I hope you do a TR

I aiming to do a TR when we get back to tell you all about our trip.

jackieleanne said:
Sounds great and compared to what you would pay in England for a wedding its a great price for your dream wedding especially with the exchange rate as it is. I hope you do a trip report.

We would have never had a wedding like we are having in Disney in England we wouldn't have been able to afford it, I would say it would have been easily more than double. I know we aren't having as many guests as we would have had in England but all the important ones will be there and the people that couldn't make it will get to see our video.

Everything sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!! and your dress is gorgeous!!!!!!!! You look like a true princess!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter