January 2012 Car Rentals

i just booked my rental through the airline (alligent)

I am flying into sanford and found that i saved $120 by doing this...i was shocked! I thought i was going to save all this money...but since looking at the thread and seeing that the sanford prices were so much higher i looked into it and sure enough I saved way more than with the coupon codes and insider # than if i just booked it with my flight

I just ran your dates and if you have 350. with National, keep it. You are saving a bunch. Alamo came in at 401.52 with an Insiders discount.
National 470.35...straight reservation.

I ran your dates using a 12PM pick up and drop off time. Alamo comes in at $354.66 with the insider discount code and $40 off code (AD4027JDO). If you have Costco, you can use the $40 off code and a Costco code (7015309) to bring your total to $326.60.

Also, Payless Car rental is showing your rental would total $285. They're off site, so you have to ride their shuttle from the airport over to their check-in counter, but it may be worth it to you, depending on what your budget is. I'm also not familiar with any of their discounts, but if you search around, you may find a coupon or code to lower that price.

And all of the above prices include taxes/fees, etc.

Thanks I pricelined it and I am stuck but I did my checking and since we are flying in at 930am and leaving at 7pm I needed something for off times and this was the cheapest I could find.

Good thread! I have some questions that I hope you WDW rental car experts can help me with...

Is the Advantage counter located in the terminal or will we have to ride a shuttle.

I'm trying to book a car so we don't have to take ME (first trip with infant and I cannot bear the thought of her traveling in an auto of any kind on my lap and not in her carseat). Booking a car rental that is off airport totally defeats the purpose but I am having a difficult time telling what is in terminal and what isn't.

We are going from 1/18-1/20 and the Advantage rental rate is like $12 or 13 for each day which is awesome. I'm leery though! pirate: Experiences?
THANKS!!!

SotS

Awesome! At $13 a day it's no big deal to have a piece of home on vacation...I'll cope with dirt! It will still probably be neater then my car. Don't expect much junk mail on the floorboards of a rental car. :rotfl: Thanks for the reply.

Advantage it will be-- $13 for W-F intermediate size through autoslash.com. You know it's a great rate when the tax nearly doubles the bottomline cost!
:teacher:

SotS

Advantage is onsite level 1 across the street from Terminal b.... No frills car rental, my friend rented from them last month and the car was filthy and a worn down. But the prices are good if you are not fussy.:goodvibes

http://www.orlandoairports.net/transport/rental_cars.htm

Advantage's counter is on level 1 on both A and B side.

The cars are located on the second floor of the garage on sides A&B, the are adjacent to Hertz, who owns them.

First rental level in both garages house, Alamo, National, Enterprise, Dollar and Thrifty.

Second rental level in both garages house, Hertz, Advantage, Avis and Budget.

Third rental level in both garages house, L&M and another one that totally escapes me at the moment.

were doing advantage also in feb....cheapo and autoslash is great dropped another 20$ and they just transfered the lowr rate...

Please help me decide which reservation to keep. I've got:

Alamo - Standard (Full Size) @ $88.83
or
National - Emerald Isle @ $103.51

Does anyone think it's worth paying the extra $15 for Emerald Isle and the off-chance of getting something better than a Full Size?

I've got a great rate with Alamo, but I can't figure out how to prepay it. As an old lady with a cane, I'd sure like to skip the rental counter and go straight to the garage! Got any advice for me?

jensen, we rented a full size from Alamo we ended up with a Dodge Caravan. There were several other SUVs available also. They have a variety of cars in their "full size" aisle, similar to National's Emerald Aisle.

LindaBabe, when we rented with Alamo, we used the kiosk across from the rental counter. It took about 2 minutes. Then you walk right out and pick out your car. I don't recall if we prepaid for the reservation, or if it just charged it when we picked up the car. Either way, the kiosk is really quick.

jensen, we rented a full size from Alamo we ended up with a Dodge Caravan. There were several other SUVs available also. They have a variety of cars in their "full size" aisle, similar to National's Emerald Aisle.

THANK YOU! That makes my decision... I'll cancel National and stick with Alamo... $15 more for souvies!

You're welcome! I hope you get a great car and have a fabulous trip. Don't forget to watch the prices right up until the last day. Last Jan. I rebooked the night before we left and saved another $41! We ended up paying $150 for a full size for 10 nights, and ended up in a Caravan.

Might want to check your prices again!! I did this morning and with the insiders rate and $40.00 off coupon I was able to score a midsize for $59 (1/24 - 1/30). My previous reservation was an economy with the same coupons for $81!!! WOOT WOOT thanks Alamo!! So excited about this!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter