*** January 2019 Thread ***

I am so excited for our January trip this year. Usually we go in February for cheer, but not this year!!! We will be staying at Yacht Club from 1/25-2/1. I think my husband is slowly being driven insane by my planning spreadsheet. Now I'm just impatiently waiting for discounts for 2019 to be released!!!

Welcome, @queenvee! I added you to the roll call! I hope you get a good discount!

I submitted to touring plans a request for about an 8am Crystal Palace breakfast on Jan 8th and I got a text alert on Tues an 8:30 am reservation was available while I was in class. Imagine my surprise when I was able to get the reservation an hour later when class was released. I'm excited our first day in Magic Kingdom we'll be able to enter a little early and maybe even grab a picture in front of the castle with limited crowds :D

Hi everyone. Joining in a bit late but my son and I are going to WDW from January 17-26. I am super excited to have booked DAH for the 24th - I was planning on it being on Friday like last year and that was pretty dicey with a Saturday travel day but with it being on Thursday... we're in!

We're doing a split stay of VWL/Poly Villas. Really hoping Illuminations doesn't change before then or I will have one sad 10 year old on my hands (and one sad mama). Hoping to book the frozen party on our last night (we have backups) and the toy story land EMM when it opens. Waiting is the hardest part! I will review this thread as I have time.

Thanks for adding me in!

I, too, will be at Disney January 26-Feb 2. We will be staying at Pop Century. It's been a long time (6 years) since we have been there. It will be myself, my husband and our son who will be 11 when we go. We are surprising him with the trip on Christmas. It is a "consolation prize" of sorts as he did not make a competition dance team this year. (Anyone who has a dancer knows that a week at Disney isn't much more than what a year of dance costs) I can't wait to escape the cold of MN and head "home" for a week for our first vacation that doesn't involve a dance competition in several years. Looking forward to seeing everyone's plans!

Havent checked in for a while! Life has been crazy lately. Now that summer is slowly coming to an end, even though it was 90 here yesterday. My October trip is in 6 weeks! plus i started a new job so I cant wait for vacation haha

Hi everyone. Joining in a bit late but my son and I are going to WDW from January 17-26. I am super excited to have booked DAH for the 24th - I was planning on it being on Friday like last year and that was pretty dicey with a Saturday travel day but with it being on Thursday... we're in!

We're doing a split stay of VWL/Poly Villas. Really hoping Illuminations doesn't change before then or I will have one sad 10 year old on my hands (and one sad mama). Hoping to book the frozen party on our last night (we have backups) and the toy story land EMM when it opens. Waiting is the hardest part! I will review this thread as I have time.

Thanks for adding me in!

Welcome, @Lisa F, I’ve added you to the roll call! Your plans sound great!

I, too, will be at Disney January 26-Feb 2. We will be staying at Pop Century. It's been a long time (6 years) since we have been there. It will be myself, my husband and our son who will be 11 when we go. We are surprising him with the trip on Christmas. It is a "consolation prize" of sorts as he did not make a competition dance team this year. (Anyone who has a dancer knows that a week at Disney isn't much more than what a year of dance costs) I can't wait to escape the cold of MN and head "home" for a week for our first vacation that doesn't involve a dance competition in several years. Looking forward to seeing everyone's plans!

Welcome, @AHullMN, I’ve added you to the roll call! I’ll be escaping from the cold, too (Buffalo, NY) and my hubby and sons haven’t been there in 6 years, either! I, on the other hand, have been there twice since they have. :tongue:

Havent checked in for a while! Life has been crazy lately. Now that summer is slowly coming to an end, even though it was 90 here yesterday. My October trip is in 6 weeks! plus i started a new job so I cant wait for vacation haha

Congrats on the new job, @SuperNEMOfan! Can’t wait to hear about your October trip!

I’m getting super excited - I’ve got 8 days to go until my single solo day at DS and my very first MNSSHP! My hubby laughed at me because even though I’ll only be there a day, I of course had to buy a Halloween t-shirt (Sanderson Sisters!) and a Halloween magic band decal (Haunted Mansion wallpaper!).

Then it’s 124 days until our January family vacation, and my sons are getting pumped up! They both work 30+ hours a week and go to school so they can’t wait to take almost a week off with no responsibilities.

And... my sister called me this week and told me she wants to plan our next girls trip for fall of 2019, so I get to add another countdown soon once we decide on dates! Yippee! Hopefully my niece will be able to join us too, but we won’t know for a while because she is enrolling in a Masters program and may not be able to get the time off. My sis-in-law unfortunately won’t be able to join us because she and my brother are spending a bunch to put my nephew through Clarkson University, but we will get her back for a trip after he graduates.

So... since I’ll have two trips in 2019, I priced it out and it makes sense to get my very first Annual Pass! Yessss! I told my hubby it will be very hard NOT to renew it at a discounted price and he told me I should just plan on doing it - so I foresee many more future trips! Woo hoo!

[QUOTE

Congrats on the new job, @SuperNEMOfan! Can’t wait to hear about your October trip![/QUOTE]

Thanks! So far so good, its nice to interact with adults even if its over the computer haha. Im so excited for my october trip!! Youve got to be excited about your one day of halloween! 41 days for me (October)

[QUOTE

Congrats on the new job, @SuperNEMOfan! Can’t wait to hear about your October trip!

Thanks! So far so good, its nice to interact with adults even if its over the computer haha. Im so excited for my october trip!! Youve got to be excited about your one day of halloween! 41 days for me (October)[/QUOTE]

I am super excited! I’ve never been to any of the hard ticket events, so I can’t wait to check out the Halloween party. It will be weird to be there solo, though... but I’m up for it! Now if only the hurricanes will behave and not hit Florida too hard...

We'll be at Pop 1/1-1/7. Myself, DD 18, and DD 17. Trying this time of year for the first time bc once both get to college (one is already there) it'll be the only time they are home at the same time. We usually go in April/May so this will be a first for us. Hopefully it's not downright freezing! Haha!

We'll be at Pop 1/1-1/7. Myself, DD 18, and DD 17. Trying this time of year for the first time bc once both get to college (one is already there) it'll be the only time they are home at the same time. We usually go in April/May so this will be a first for us. Hopefully it's not downright freezing! Haha!

Welcome, @kelscross, I’ve added you to the roll call! You never know in January... hopefully we will luck out with warm sunshine!

We are headed down on January 25-Feburary 3rd.

Arrival night at AKL/5 nights BWV and finally 3 nights the Polynesian Villas!

Traveling with my brother's family which makes 7 of us all together. In someways it's seven is a bit of a challenging number as opposed to 4,6 or 8.

Please add me to the roll call. We have 1/19 to the 25th booked.
Staying at All Star Music
2 adults; 2 kids under G-9 b-6

Welcome, @Nancy0814! I’ve added you to the roll call. Happy planning!

We are headed down on January 25-Feburary 3rd.

Arrival night at AKL/5 nights BWV and finally 3 nights the Polynesian Villas!

Traveling with my brother's family which makes 7 of us all together. In someways it's seven is a bit of a challenging number as opposed to 4,6 or 8.

Welcome, @Yahweh! I’ve added you to the roll call as well. Seven is definitely a challenge, especially with a triple split stay, but I’m sure you will plan everything well!

January 13th-19th for our daughters 5th birthday, staying at Caribbean Beach. It's a surprise and we can not wait!

January 13th-19th for our daughters 5th birthday, staying at Caribbean Beach. It's a surprise and we can not wait!

Welcome, @Mgold917! I've added you to the roll call. My mom and sis were both born on 1/13! I love, love, love CBR - it's one of my favorites. The beaches are great and I just love the vibe of the resort - especially the steel drum/island music that's always playing in the main areas. Plus, by then, the new restaurants and bar will be open! Yippee!

On Monday my boss showed me what my 1st half bonus would be and said it would be deposited this Friday. He said he bet DH would be happy about it. I replied "Don't tell him about it! I'm saving it for our surprise Disney trip for our anniversary!" He better not blab between now and Jan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter