***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

After several tries to find a week that worked for all of us, we've landed on January 2nd to 14th. Jan 2nd to 6th at Universal, and Jan 6th to 14th at Disney, staying at AKL Kidani :simba:!
It will be DH and myself, our 17yr old ds, 24yr old dd and her fiance at Universal. It will just be Dh, Ds, and I at Disney.
We are Canadian, so now just to hope we are fully vaccinated and that the border opens in time, which it's looking like it should.

Welcome to January in WDW! Sounds like the three of you will have a great time at Disney. Griffin11 is also from Canada - I think the trigger is 75% fully vaccinated for Canada to open the border? My DH is a duck hunter and has his fingers crossed that mark is hit by end of September so they don't have to cancel their annual trip again. Fingers crossed!

So excited to say my sister and I are also coming after canceling last year's plans! We'll be staying at Pop Jan 2nd-9th. We're also Canadians crossing our fingers that the border will be open by then!

So jealous - always wanted to do a sisters trip. Glad to see more people from Canada joining in January. Fingers crossed for you all on the border being open!

Hello! We are in the beginning stages of planning our Jan 2022 WDW trip!! Right now I'm thinking 1/20-29. We normally only go for a week but then we always want more resort days - but no one wants to give up park days so we just decided to extend the trip! Haha.

We want to stay at an Epcot resort but am still undecided as to which one. Was bummed to hear the Skyliner will be down but at least we can walk or bus to the two parks from there so it doesn't effect us too much. Hopefully the special offers for next year will be out soon. We will either go through WDW or Costco Travel has deals for YC.

We are in! Saw an amazing rate at Boardwalk for Jan 10-12 that I couldn’t pass up!
Will most likely add some days on at either Swan/Dolphin or one of the Disney Springs area hotels. Never stayed at the DS hotels tho, anyone have have any favs?

yay!! January 30 to Feb 5th at AoA
Nice - and the Skyliner will be back up to Epcot by then. Welcome!

Hello! We are in the beginning stages of planning our Jan 2022 WDW trip!! Right now I'm thinking 1/20-29. We normally only go for a week but then we always want more resort days - but no one wants to give up park days so we just decided to extend the trip! Haha.
We want to stay at an Epcot resort but am still undecided as to which one. Was bummed to hear the Skyliner will be down but at least we can walk or bus to the two parks from there so it doesn't effect us too much. Hopefully the special offers for next year will be out soon. We will either go through WDW or Costco Travel has deals for YC.
We stayed at Yacht Club for first time, and loved it... including Storm-a-long Bay and easy walk to parks. Extending for resort days will be amazing!!! Welcome to January. :)

I'm hoping for my first solo trip for January 2022! DH is encouraging me to go. I've been home with the kids since last March and he says I need a break :blush:
That will be so much fun - and well deserved! There is another thread on here where sometimes solo travelers meet up. I've been solo once, and I loved getting to do what I wanted to do without being pulled in 6 other directions.

Joining in! We are at All Star Movies January 24-31, celebrating my youngest daughter’s birthday!
(Heading to Cabana Bay at Universal first from January 19-23)
Happy birthday to her - no better way to celebrate!

We are in! Saw an amazing rate at Boardwalk for Jan 10-12 that I couldn’t pass up!
Will most likely add some days on at either Swan/Dolphin or one of the Disney Springs area hotels. Never stayed at the DS hotels tho, anyone have have any favs?
I've never stayed in DS hotels, but I know some other folks on these boards can weigh in with lots of help. Love walking the Boardwalk - especially when we just want to hop over to Epcot. Have fun!

We're going Jan 6-16th and I'm so excited!!! It'll be myself, DH, and our 2 DD's who will be 8 & 11. We're doing a split stay- CBR Jan 6-12 and Poly 12-16. We've only stayed at POFQ before so I'm excited to try something different, although I'd probably consider switching from CBR to POFQ if the opportunity arises. We also have only been to Epcot and Magic Kingdom for 1-2 day trips so this will be our first big Disney vacation. I CANNOT WAIT!

Planning a girls' trip for January 2022 with my childhood best friend 😃 Dates aren't solidified yet, but I'm considering Jan 20-23 and staying at Pop most likely because my friend hasn't experienced the skyliner yet!

Are there any particularly crowded days in January we should try to avoid? I know once upon a time it was the "off season", but I also know that is mostly a thing of the past now.

Planning a girls' trip for January 2022 with my childhood best friend 😃 Dates aren't solidified yet, but I'm considering Jan 20-23 and staying at Pop most likely because my friend hasn't experienced the skyliner yet!

Are there any particularly crowded days in January we should try to avoid? I know once upon a time it was the "off season", but I also know that is mostly a thing of the past now.

Keep in mind the skyliner is scheduled for a refurb late January 2022. I think the dates are 1/23-1/28 as of now.

I think we have gone for just about each week in January at one point and I can't say that one week was more or less crowded than the other. MLK day is mid Jan, that weekend will be a little busier. I think January is still slower overall, but that also means shorter hours and some possibly cold nights.

It is our fav time of the year to go and a girls trip sounds amazing, you will have a great time no matter what!

We will be back for our first split stay b/ WDW and Universal! We'll be staying in a Boardwalk studio villa Jan 29 - Feb 3, then probably Royal Pacific at UO Feb 3 - 6 (haven't booked UO yet though)! We had to cancel my family's first California trip scheduled for May 2020 that was to include DLR, USH, and whale watching. We still hope to make that trip happen sometime!

I’m in this! We rescheduled our sept 2020 trip for Jan 28-Feb 6 at SOG. My family- me, DH, DD who will be 10, DD who will be just turned 7
My mom 65, step dad 72
Plus my brothers family of 5 who are
First timers.
Hoping to add 2-3 nights just for our little family at POP or even splurge on AKL on one end or the other but not sure what we can swing with adult work schedules yet...

Yes. Remember the Skyliner will be down the last week of January!

We were originally booked at Pop but switched to Movies when I heard about the refurb ... saved a few hundred $$$ so it worked out well! lol

Officially booked!
January 18th-28th, Club Level at the Wilderness Lodge!

First time back at Disney since 2019, first time back at the Wilderness Lodge since my first trip when I was 7 (I'm 25 now!), and first time not going in the summer!

Hi all!
I have been booked for Jan 2022 for a bit but hesitated to post here because my reservations seemed to be a moving target. :earboy2:

My first booking was Pop Century for Jan 23-28, 2022.
THEN, they decided to shut down the Skyliner for that week. So, I decided to book for Jan 30-Feb 05 at Pop.
THEN, CL became available.

So, now I am booked into CSR GDT CL for Jan 30-Feb 05 (sheesh); solo trip. I was booked in Jan 2021 at the CSR GST CL and had to cancel (we all know why).
So I am now a Jan/Feb visitor and I am hoping it it will be a pretty good time to go. My plan is to go to the Arts festival so I hope this will work out; I have not been to the Arts festival before.

All of the re-booking has been quite the journey; I know I am not alone.
Keep magic in your life. :tink:

We're going Jan 6-16th and I'm so excited!!! It'll be myself, DH, and our 2 DD's who will be 8 & 11. We're doing a split stay- CBR Jan 6-12 and Poly 12-16. We've only stayed at POFQ before so I'm excited to try something different, although I'd probably consider switching from CBR to POFQ if the opportunity arises. We also have only been to Epcot and Magic Kingdom for 1-2 day trips so this will be our first big Disney vacation. I CANNOT WAIT!
Welcome to January!!! We love POR, too - but also trying Poly this trip... I bet we'll love it, too. Happy for your first big Disney trip - yay!

Childhood friend / girls trip sounds amazing! I'm not sure anyone has figured out the crowds yet with all of the changes. This board will be great to watch so you can see how people's experiences are closer to date.

We will be back for our first split stay b/ WDW and Universal! We'll be staying in a Boardwalk studio villa Jan 29 - Feb 3, then probably Royal Pacific at UO Feb 3 - 6 (haven't booked UO yet though)! We had to cancel my family's first California trip scheduled for May 2020 that was to include DLR, USH, and whale watching. We still hope to make that trip happen sometime!
Good luck on rescheduling CA - sounds like it will be amazing. Welcome to January at WDW!

I’m in this! We rescheduled our sept 2020 trip for Jan 28-Feb 6 at SOG. My family- me, DH, DD who will be 10, DD who will be just turned 7
My mom 65, step dad 72
Plus my brothers family of 5 who are
First timers.
Hoping to add 2-3 nights just for our little family at POP or even splurge on AKL on one end or the other but not sure what we can swing with adult work schedules yet...
Sounds like you guys will have a blast introducing the first timers. Fingers crossed for a little disney magic... and an add on for your immediate family. :)

Officially booked!
January 18th-28th, Club Level at the Wilderness Lodge!
First time back at Disney since 2019, first time back at the Wilderness Lodge since my first trip when I was 7 (I'm 25 now!), and first time not going in the summer!
Woo hoo - no summer heat and Wilderness Lodge club level... will be amazing!

Hi all!
I have been booked for Jan 2022 for a bit but hesitated to post here because my reservations seemed to be a moving target. :earboy2:
My first booking was Pop Century for Jan 23-28, 2022.
THEN, they decided to shut down the Skyliner for that week. So, I decided to book for Jan 30-Feb 05 at Pop.
THEN, CL became available.
So, now I am booked into CSR GDT CL for Jan 30-Feb 05 (sheesh); solo trip. I was booked in Jan 2021 at the CSR GST CL and had to cancel (we all know why).
So I am now a Jan/Feb visitor and I am hoping it it will be a pretty good time to go. My plan is to go to the Arts festival so I hope this will work out; I have not been to the Arts festival before.
All of the re-booking has been quite the journey; I know I am not alone.
Keep magic in your life. :tink:
As long as it stays booked, I consider the changes welcome! So glad it is working out for you to join us in January!!

It feels so weird to not be finalizing ADRs right now. I wonder how or if they’re planning to expand that reservation window over the next six months. Do you think it will stay reasonable for our trips or make a sudden jump leaving us on the wrong foot?

planning for 11, I think making sure we have a few great meals all together is my biggest priority and planning concern.

It feels so weird to not be finalizing ADRs right now. I wonder how or if they’re planning to expand that reservation window over the next six months. Do you think it will stay reasonable for our trips or make a sudden jump leaving us on the wrong foot?

planning for 11, I think making sure we have a few great meals all together is my biggest priority and planning concern.

I think we won't know until a decision is made on FP+ - if the system returns like it used to be, there's no way they can expect people to make ADRs and FP+ on the same day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter