****January 2024 planning thread!!!

I suppose I should add myself to this group. We'll be visiting January 3rd-6th. We're heading out to CA for the Rose Bowl and, of course, must make a stop at Disneyland and California Adventure while we're there! Not staying DVC this time as everything was sort of last minute arrangements so there was zero availability. Plus, I'm pretty much out of points after arranging for an extended family trip to WDW in February.

So…checking the entertainment schedule, and we can see the Mix projections listed for Wednesday 10 and Thursday 11 Jan…but nothing at all on Friday 12th. Anyone think there is a chance there might be fireworks? Or am I dreaming? :)

So…checking the entertainment schedule, and we can see the Mix projections listed for Wednesday 10 and Thursday 11 Jan…but nothing at all on Friday 12th. Anyone think there is a chance there might be fireworks? Or am I dreaming? :)
If you type Mickey’s Mix Magic on the site, you can choose dates. I see 930pm 12th-16th. It seems a lot of their stuff you have to search for and it’ll populate. I think they haven’t necessarily fully updated everything. Example being small world refurb not being on the Disneyland app but it’s on the site.

Less than 2 weeks for me and so stoked! 12-17 for us with a day at Universal. We were initially going for me to run the half but I’ve been nursing a foot problem since August so the race is out now but we’re still going to have a fun time. Bringing my coworker for her first trip too so can’t wait to see what she thinks.

Eeek! Getting excited! Our Costco package is paid off and now the waiting game begins.

What is everyone's first must dos? I asked DH and apparently his is getting a breakfast burrito at the DCA cappuccino cart. It made me laugh because mine is a pretzel. Apparently we are very food motivated 😄

Last edited:

Eeek! Getting excited! Our Costco package is paid off and now the waiting game begins.

What is everyone's first must dos? I asked DH and apparently his is getting a breakfast burrito at the DCA cappuccino cart. It made me laugh because mine is a pretzel. Apparently we are very food motivated 😄
I’ve heard of this burrito!! Where about is the cart?!

Our first must do is whatever our kids get entranced by first. They’re 3 and 6, so each visit just gets better and better. This trip I think it’ll be Cars Land at DCA and Dumbo at DL.

I’ve heard of this burrito!! Where about is the cart?!

Our first must do is whatever our kids get entranced by first. They’re 3 and 6, so each visit just gets better and better. This trip I think it’ll be Cars Land at DCA and Dumbo at DL.
The cappuccino cart is at the bridge to San Fransokyo near Little Mermaid. It's a steak and egg burrito with some sort of chimichurri. Very tasty!

And your trip sounds like so much fun. Fingers crossed for tons of pixie dust and magical memories with your kiddos 😊

World of Color - One is now being presented starting Jan 19. My friend and I just chuckle. Every trip we plan, something new or something returns days after we are leaving. Just ridiculous at this point honestly. Guess they aren’t doing a full refurb?

World of Color - One is now being presented starting Jan 19. My friend and I just chuckle. Every trip we plan, something new or something returns days after we are leaving. Just ridiculous at this point honestly. Guess they aren’t doing a full refurb?
I wonder when they will update the disneyland calendar and if they will offer the packages for it.

Last edited:
Looks like I’ll be park hopping at Disneyland and California Adventure for 2-3 days on January 29th and 30th, possibly 31st. I’ll be across the street for work that previous week and weekend and was able to add a few days to the trip for definite park visits on Monday and Tuesday. Just waiting to see if I can also go Wednesday.

Time to start hotel shopping for the cheapest option within walking distance! Recommendations welcome (cheap is the priority, then hopefully within a 15-20 minute walk or less, and finally cleanliness, though it’ll just be me so I’m not picky; cheap is much more important).

Last edited:
Same!!! I keep checking. We are there the 23rd and i was bummed about lack of entertainment so this was great to see today.
So true, will be nice to have some entertainment for the weekend we are there the 26th. I would love to get a reservation at Blue Bayou as well but nothing is showing up at all even though they have said they will reopen before then.

Looking at the calendar I see no parades in the rest January after the Xmas season is done. What garbage is that.
Definitely bummed about this too. We are there midweek so no fireworks either. I know it’s the trade off for lower crowds in the off season but we are still spending a lot to be there.

Does anyone know why fireworks are not offered the Friday the 12th - Monday the 15th? It's a weekend + MLK + runDisney weekend, so you would think they would offer fireworks or at least MMM. So strange.

Does anyone know why fireworks are not offered the Friday the 12th - Monday the 15th? It's a weekend + MLK + runDisney weekend, so you would think they would offer fireworks or at least MMM. So strange.
Because Disney hates the runners, apparently 😭😭

Actually, when you go to the MMM page on the website, it has the show listed at 9:30 January 12-15

I think the calendar is wrong. As noted above it is showing on the MMM page. Presumably there will be fireworks in addition to the projections on the non-school nights.

Then don’t do the WoC refurb right now, idk.
Glad to see this was shortened. While I would love to think it is because they realized that they were going to have basically no live entertainment for a stretch. I think the real reason is that they had made the lunar new year preshow, and the left-hand didn’t talk to the right-hand.

Glad to see this was shortened. While I would love to think it is because they realized that they were going to have basically no live entertainment for a stretch. I think the real reason is that they had made the lunar new year preshow, and the left-hand didn’t talk to the right-hand.
I assumed they just show the same one year to year; do they redo it every year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter