JaxTeach's PJ-- SBP/CG/UK Upper December 14, 2007 *After Wedding Update 12/15*

just catching up! :surfweb:

Your pictures are lovely, were they taken at Port Orleans Riverside? Not long to go now, bet you are so excited! Look forward to reading more.

just catching up! :surfweb:

Your pictures are lovely, were they taken at Port Orleans Riverside? Not long to go now, bet you are so excited! Look forward to reading more.

Yes, they were taken at Port Orleans Riverside. I tried so hard to wait until it cooled down a bit, but that was the only day I had off from teaching. It was sooooo hot! Well it's still hot in Florida, so I guess I would have had to wait until the wedding almost to get them taken for it to cool down. :laughing:

We had some of our engagement photos put into a photo book on Shutterfly. It was totally free which makes it even better. I received the book last week and I really like it. We put various photos of us from our travels in the book as well as many photos from Disney. We generally travel alone so there's a lot of "self photography" going on! I originally wanted to use it as a guest book at our wedding, but I think we'll just have it out for folks to look out. Here are a few photos of the actual book:

PhotoBook1.jpg

PhotoBook4.jpg

PhotoBook3.jpg

I'm working on making our CDs today. Actually just the cover. Here is what I have so far:
CDCoverTrial2.jpg

CDCoverTrial4.jpg

I found the best wedding video last night! I don't want to oversaturate our wedding with Disney (that doesn't even make sense to me!) so I'm thinking of other music to have for our wedding video. This wedding video (and it's a Disney wedding) is phenomenal! It had music from Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, and No Doubt. I feel inspired now! I am leaning towards using "Running" by No Doubt in our video. I love that song... I've gotta post the lyrics...

Run
Running all the time
Running to the future
With you right by my side

Me
I'm the one you chose
Out of all the people
You wanted me the most
I'm so sorry that I've fallen
Help me up lets keep on running
Don't let me fall out of love

Running, running
As fast as we can
Do you think we'll make it?
We're running
Keep holding my hand
It's so we don't get separated

Be
Be the one I need
Be the one I trust most
Don't stop inspiring me
Sometimes it's hard to keep on running
We work so much to keep it going
Don't make me want to give up

:love:

your cd cover looks great! the weather will calm down before your wedding, don't worry! i remember being SO COLD in fl when i worked there in dec!!!

It's so beautiful at Port Orleans, bet it was really warm! We were there for our wedding in May and it was very hot, we were lucky on our wedding day as there was a nice breeze!

Your photo book and cd look great!
Awwh can't wait to hear more about your planning! :surfweb:

I just found your PJ (thanks Janet2K) ...it is awesome and you have done a beautiful job! I love all the detail and pics you have posted, simply wonderful. I will definitely be following your PJ as we have a similar venues booked for my DS Bar Mitzvah in March..CG for reception and UK upper terrace for DP. BTW...I love the menu you chose at CG, we were leaning towards one very similar.

Just one quick question, have you visited UK upper terrace? It seems I read alot about the lower one but I would love feedback on the view from the upper.

Thanks!

danielle

Jaclyn it is getting so close!!!! Every day just seems to be flying by now, it's CRAZY how soon it will be here, and we'll be old married women!

I love the photobook...very cool. And the cd cover is awesome as well. I think its' very cool when things are OVER done with Disney. I like random music like that too, and I don't think I've ever heard that No Doubt song before, but I really like the lyrics! Very cool.

It's all coming together now,and will all be beautiful. I can't wait to see how it all comes together. Although I keep threatening to crash your wedding, HA. That is our "free" day on our honeymoon so I could be anywhere....and I know where to find you....we could just be wandering by and happen to see your wedding. lol. I kid.

YAY we get married NEXT MONTH!

your cd cover looks great! the weather will calm down before your wedding, don't worry! i remember being SO COLD in fl when i worked there in dec!!!

Thank you, I hope our CDs come out well. DF installed our ImageScribe CD burner last weekend, but I haven't decided what songs to include on the CD yet so we can't burn them yet. The weather in FL is extremely schizophrenic! It will either be freezing on our wedding day or hot. I'm hoping for freezing, because it is hot under that dress!

It's so beautiful at Port Orleans, bet it was really warm! We were there for our wedding in May and it was very hot, we were lucky on our wedding day as there was a nice breeze!

Your photo book and cd look great!
Awwh can't wait to hear more about your planning! :surfweb:

POR is a beautiful resort! It is one of my favorites. You're lucky to get a breeze on your wedding day. We don't have seasons in Florida, really, just extremely hot with some rain every now and then. We honestly had 2 weeks last year of cold weather!

I just found your PJ (thanks Janet2K) ...it is awesome and you have done a beautiful job! I love all the detail and pics you have posted, simply wonderful. I will definitely be following your PJ as we have a similar venues booked for my DS Bar Mitzvah in March..CG for reception and UK upper terrace for DP. BTW...I love the menu you chose at CG, we were leaning towards one very similar.

Just one quick question, have you visited UK upper terrace? It seems I read alot about the lower one but I would love feedback on the view from the upper.

Thanks!

danielle

Thanks for reading! That is great that you have the CG and UK Upper for your Bar Mitzvah events! I will try to post a lot of detailed information in my TR. I should have loads of pictures to share in January!

Jaclyn it is getting so close!!!! Every day just seems to be flying by now, it's CRAZY how soon it will be here, and we'll be old married women!

I love the photobook...very cool. And the cd cover is awesome as well. I think its' very cool when things are OVER done with Disney. I like random music like that too, and I don't think I've ever heard that No Doubt song before, but I really like the lyrics! Very cool.

It's all coming together now,and will all be beautiful. I can't wait to see how it all comes together. Although I keep threatening to crash your wedding, HA. That is our "free" day on our honeymoon so I could be anywhere....and I know where to find you....we could just be wandering by and happen to see your wedding. lol. I kid.

YAY we get married NEXT MONTH!

I don't even remember the month of October! I was working on monthly bills last night and it seemed like I *just* paid the October bills! It seems like October just vanished.

I'm starting to get the wedding nerves now... The last couple of nights I've woken up at 3am panicking that things aren't going to get done in time, that we'll forget something, etc. December is going to come soooooooo fast! I keep telling my students how fast Christmas will be here. We have Veteran's Day off and then 3 days off for Thanksgiving. Then I will have 2 weeks left before I'm a married woman! :woohoo:

Yep, you know where we'll be at 2:30! I will be the fidgety, nervous one, not DF! :lmao: We definitely should try to get together at some point. I know everyone's schedules are so staggered. If not in December, then another time!

I don't have much of an update. I've been stressed at work (report card time) and I work well under pressure, but that's after I deal with the feeling of being overwhelmed (which I haven't dealt with quite yet!).

My niece (FG) and I found our Leave a Legacy tile that we had made back in June. Here's a pic:
LeaveaLegacy-Finished.jpg

This is not really wedding related, but I finally found the Minnie ears I was looking for (for me, not my niece, although she stole them!). My niece has requested to wear them to the wedding... that's not happening, but she's awfully cute in them next to the retro-polyester Epcot costumes!
SummerMinnieEars.jpg

I know this is a really random question, but what color pocket folder did you order for your invitations, if you don't mind me asking? I love the color and if we go with the color scheme DF is thinking, that'd be perfect for it, but it's so hard to judge sometimes which one to order when looking on the color splotches on their site. I haven't commented on your thread before, but I've read it thoroughly and love all of your plans! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

I know this is a really random question, but what color pocket folder did you order for your invitations, if you don't mind me asking? I love the color and if we go with the color scheme DF is thinking, that'd be perfect for it, but it's so hard to judge sometimes which one to order when looking on the color splotches on their site. I haven't commented on your thread before, but I've read it thoroughly and love all of your plans! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Thanks for reading through my PJ!

For our Pocketfolds, we used the Sapphire color. Before I made ours, I ordered swatches to see what color I liked best. The other blues were pretty, but the Sapphire sparkles so I had to have it!

Thanks for reading through my PJ!

For our Pocketfolds, we used the Sapphire color. Before I made ours, I ordered swatches to see what color I liked best. The other blues were pretty, but the Sapphire sparkles so I had to have it!

Thanks for the info! They came out beautiful, I absolutely love them! Good choice! :thumbsup2

The cakes are gorgeous! The inviatations are sooo pretty too! I cant believe you did them your self, they look like they were bought that way! BTW, Im from Jax too!! :) Cant wait to see more pics and updates! Congratulations!

Just read your entire PJ and I am extremely impressed!:thumbsup2
You are such a great planner and I love the great visuals that you provided all of us. I hope you have a magical day on your wedding.
:cheer2:

The cakes are gorgeous! The inviatations are sooo pretty too! I cant believe you did them your self, they look like they were bought that way! BTW, Im from Jax too!! :) Cant wait to see more pics and updates! Congratulations!

Thank you so much for the compliments on the invites! I do love them, as much of a pain they were to make! :)

Just read your entire PJ and I am extremely impressed!:thumbsup2
You are such a great planner and I love the great visuals that you provided all of us. I hope you have a magical day on your wedding.
:cheer2:

Thanks! I tend to be too detail oriented... I'm sure my wedding planner is not so thrilled with that!

Love everything that you've done so far!!

Not long to go now Jaclyn!! :teeth:

I know! I can't believe it's almost here. I've started buying clothing for our trip to DLP... very different weather than here in FL! I don't own boots, hats, scarves... I don't want to freeze in Paris!

Okay, so I have dilemma now. I love my dress... but it's sleeveless. I'm starting to feel like I need something more up top considering it is a winter wedding. I found a dress that I love, but I would have to order it to try it on. Here are both dresses on the extremely thin models... What do you think?

Current Dress (except in light ivory)
47b7df29b3127cce81434f76c6450000-1.jpg

New Dress
9054-02-b.jpg

don't buy a new dress...i like the old one anyway! why don't you get a bolero or fur wrap? fl weather is so unpredictable...it could be 80 degrees out and you'd regret your decision!

I agree with Caryn. Your original dress is gorgeous! A friend of mine used furreplicas.com to get wraps for her (in white) and her bridesmaids (in brown). They were pretty cheap, around $40 each.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Although, we wont be outside for long, just formal pics... I may just deal with the cold:confused3

don't buy a new dress...i like the old one anyway! why don't you get a bolero or fur wrap? fl weather is so unpredictable...it could be 80 degrees out and you'd regret your decision!

I agree with Caryn. Your original dress is gorgeous! A friend of mine used furreplicas.com to get wraps for her (in white) and her bridesmaids (in brown). They were pretty cheap, around $40 each.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Although, we wont be outside for long, just formal pics... I may just deal with the cold:confused3

Thank you for talking some sense into my ladies! I don't think I am so concerned with being cold as not wanting a strapless dress. But after looking at my dress and thinking about it, I do really like my dress!

Saturday afternoon Dan and I (along with my brother, niece & nephew) conducted our own "cake tasting" at the Grand Floridian Cafe. I worked with a lady at Private Dining and was able to order 3 6" cakes. I am soooooooooo glad we did this, because on the flavors we thought we'd love-- yeah we hated it. The cakes were on $12.50 each. If any Intimate bride is curious and able to visit the GF before their wedding, I definitely recommend doing this!

Here are the photos from the cake tasting. I was so focused on trying the cakes that I didn't get any shots of the cakes before we cut them.
Tropical Mousse w/ Yellow Cake:
TropicalMousseCake.jpg

Amaretto Mousse w/ Almond Cake:
AmarettoMousseCake.jpg

Strawberry mousse w/ fresh strawberries/ Marble Cake (this will be for Dan's groom's cake):
StrawberryMousseCake.jpg

I forgot to mention that I thought the buttercream icing was really good. I don't like greasy buttercream because it reminds me of shortening. This buttercream was a nice consistency and not overly sweet.

We also took a bazillion photos around the castle trying to get a nice one to use on our water bottle labels. Here are some of the pics along with the final water bottle label:
DJCastleandTree.jpg

DJCastle.jpg

WaterBottleTrial4.jpg

I'm not sure if I ever posted our "monogram." I will be using this on our favors/ welcome boxes, etc.
MonogramTrial17.jpg

MonogramTrial17wBorder.jpg

Today I went to the hairdresser to have a hair trial. My normal hairdress was off today so I had another lady do it. I figure I don't know Ana, so I should get used to working with someone else.
Here are the photos I showed the lady:
7-6-07_16.jpg

hair21.jpg

hair13.jpg

Here is the final product (I will be having my hair color adjusted prior to the wedding!):
HairTrial3.jpg

HairTrial1.jpg

I have insanely thick and curly/wavy hair. I have explained this to Ana, but I'm not sure she understands. It took 2 hours, give or take a few minutes, to finish my hair. Granted this lady doesn't do wedding hair everyday, but I have a mass of hair. It's going to take a long time to do my hair no matter who it is.

I like the hair trial, but I really want the front part to stand up a little more like the first photo I posted.

After the hair, I went to the seamstress to have my dress altered and bustled. Once I got the gown on, the seamstress asked what exactly I wanted to have done because the dress fit me perfectly. I told her I needed to have it bustled. I showed her some pictures of what I wanted because I didn't like what David's had suggested.

David's Bustle:
DavidsBustle.jpg

My train:
BackofDress.jpg

Bustle Inspiration:
47b6dc00b3127cce97c738ceb8690000001.jpg

012-dressbustle2a.jpg

47b6dc29b3127cce970d76cf35d60000001.jpg

Here is what the seamstress came up with:
Bustle.jpg

DressFitting.jpg

She is doing a French bustle which I'm happy about. I just hope my mom can figure it out! My dress will be ready tomorrow, but I'm going to leave it at the dress shop because I'm tired of it taking up room in the guest bedroom.

I also took our cake server in to Things Remembered to have it engraved. That will be ready tomorrow as well.

We received our M&Ms on Friday. I think next weekend Dan and I will have to sit down and fill the wedding favors. I also have to get started burning CDs soon or we'll never finish.

Luckily I'm not going to my parents for Turkey Day this year so I will have 5 days open to do wedding stuff Thanksgiving week.

I am so excited about your cake tasting - that's what I tell everyone they should do if they're having an Escape wedding and don't get a tasting. And it's great that you were able to find out that the flavors you thought you wanted weren't what you wanted.

Happy planning! :goodvibes

I love the original dress. I would recommend a cape. If you have time, have a satin cape made the color of your bridesmaid's dresses. I have been married almost 19 years and that is my only regret from our wonderful day. I was actually watching *Guiding Light* in 1988. In one of Reva Shayne's many weddings, she wore a red satin cape over her wedding dress. I had our bridesmaid's dresses made, the tops were navy velvet, the skirt was navy satin. I thought I bought enough satin to make my beloved cape with hood. Low and behold, I was short. To top it all off, in the hotel where we had our reception, another bride was walking around in a red satin cape. AHHHH.....oh, well. I guess 19 years of being happily married is better than any ole cape. But, it still bothers me to this day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter