Jersey Week

JimFitz

<font color=deeppink>possum chauffeur<br><font col
Planning on a GV at OKW for Jersey week in 2006. Does anyone know how bad the crowds are at this time?

I would like to be able to walk onto some rides..... ;)

I don't have any info, but am also curious. DH & I just found out about "Jersey week" and are beginning to panic as this was supposed to be our easy going vacation with the kids.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for informing the misinformed!! :sunny:

We did it last year and it was very crowded in the Magic Kingdom and we couldn't move in Animal Kingdom. Never Again will I go then. It is nice to take the kids during the "Convention" the teachers here in Jersey are supposed to attend. I saw good deal of local teachers down there then, weren't they supposed to be in Atlantic City for the convention sitting in on lectures and learning possible new techniques?

When do the crowds generally start to pick up for this week? We are supposed to be coming in for a long weekend Nov. 3-7. I believe Jersey week starts with Monday the 7th. Do many people pull their kids out of school for the first part of the week? Or do they start to arrive later in the week when school is actually closed....???

yes everyone I know is going for the week. I really heard it is not the bad, my friends were there last year and said the longest they waited for a ride was twenty minutes. I prefer september but going with sister who has three children in school and this was the perfect time to go. Election day is also this week so an extra day off on tuesday this year means kids wont miss more than two days of school. My sister also said many are leaving on friday half day because they do nothing in school that day. ( is that no ashame thought) Good luck and going for first time that week. We are DVCers so if ig gets to crowed we know we will be going back real soon.

We were there last year during Jersey Week and will be there the first part of the week this year (going 11/2 - 11/8)....expect higher than usual crowds....We are planning on doing MK and AK as soon as we get there....EPCOT remained quite manageable during the week last year, but most of the other places got pretty congested....I would not plan on walking onto many rides unless you run in at opening.

You will also want to make your reservation VERY early as this week books up really quick at DVC resorts (last year we ended up spending 3 nights on a cash reservation because no 2 bedrooms were available at 9.5 months out....we wait listed, but nothing ever turned up)

Last year on Thursday during Jersey Week the stand by line at Splash Mountain was 60+ minutes at 11am.

BTW, I used TourGuideMike.com and never waited longer than 15 minutes in any line all week long.

I have gone for Jersey week before and, when my kids were younger, we would typically go from Thurs (the week before) to Friday 1 week later. Generally, as soon as the week hits, the crowds go up noticably. However, not so much that you need to wait forever in line. At least not if you plan appropriately.

I really heard it is not the bad, my friends were there last year and said the longest they waited for a ride was twenty minutes
Last year we were there Nov 2-6 and it was crowded on some days. On Nov 2, 3 we practically walked right on things, but Nov 4, 5 & 6th were pretty crowded. Experienced 90+ min waits for Space, Splash and BTMR, as well as Peter Pan, Pooh, Test Track to name a few.........I think these crowds are NJ Week plus Food & Wine Festival. We tried to Fast Pass as many attractions as we could.

We've been twice before during this week and have had a great vacation. I never felt as crowded as other times...holidays, summer, etc. It's not at the level of HIGH crowds...just average or moderate. Definitely fine if you have a plan (we also like Tour GUide Mike)!!!

But the weather is great, Food & WIne fest is awesome and all us friendly NJ folks are down there.
:goodvibes
Last year the NJEA convention coincided with the last weekend of MNSSHP as well as the beginning of Super Soap Weekend...add in all the travelers who had to push their summer and early fall trips forward due to hurricanes and you get a higher than normal crowd level for Jersey Week. I'm not sure what this year brings in terms of how it coincides with other events though.

Don't panic....it'll be okay :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter