Jetblue relocation at orlando airport

The new terminal was lovely. Nice and clean and spacious. Mears Connect picked us up and dropped us off at the terminal in a van. It was so convenient. Bathrooms were nice, stores were nice and the restaurant options were great. We ate pizza and it was delicious. Lots of space to move around or to sit down.
....I'm curious - where exactly was that pizza location? While I definitely agree that it is spacious and spotless, the only things available were the Starbucks and a small kiosk. Nothing else was open.

....I'm curious - where exactly was that pizza location? While I definitely agree that it is spacious and spotless, the only things available were the Starbucks and a small kiosk. Nothing else was open.
I'm guessing @LRdismom was referring to Desano Pizzeria, which according to the MCO website is open and located in the Palm Court of Terminal C (between security and gates).

Is this still an issue? Arriving on Saturday with checked bags and now I'm nervous
We just got back last week and did not experience extra wait time for our checked baggage. It was, however, a pain and a hike to drop off our rental car and get to our gate...which was the next to last (almost the furthest). Make sure to leave extra time to navigate!

Terminal C is lovely but NOT functional.
Beware if you have checked luggage. Especially beware if have a rental car to pick up and drop off and checked luggage. Nobody knows what is going on or how to get around (except the one Mears counter lady). The poor bus shuttles have the driver loading and unloading luggage for the entire huge busload of people every trip. The bathrooms are enormous but have a mirror at the entry/exit chokepoint, so congested from that. The grounds around exit doors are lumpy dangerous incomplete construction. It is a loooooong walk to and from your gate, feels like a wasteland. There is hardly any staff and zero to be found anywhere you’d really need it, and doesn’t seem like any trained in operations so they’re left to wing it.

Was not ready to open. Short term advise for them, put some signs up at least.

Has anyone heard whether Terminal C plans on having any car rental garages added to the area? It seems like having to travel back and forth from C to A/B with luggage would be pretty difficult especially when traveling with children.

Has anyone heard whether Terminal C plans on having any car rental garages added to the area? It seems like having to travel back and forth from C to A/B with luggage would be pretty difficult especially when traveling with children.
Yes, the car rental companies will eventually offer full service in Terminal C.

Current status from the MCO website:
All on-airport rental car companies accept vehicle returns at Terminal C. In addition, Alamo, Enterprise, National and Sixt are issuing rental car contracts in Terminal C, Level 6 (Bag Claim) for pick-up in Terminal B, except Sixt which has vehicle pick-up in Terminal C.

Thank you. We usually use Dollar and go right to the garage to pick up the car after getting our luggage …so easy.
Hopefully Terminal C will have that option soon. If not then we probably won’t rent a car or will not pick Jet Blue in the future.

Is Mears picking up from Terminal C and going directly to Disney? Or will they pick us up, take us to the main terminal, change vehicles and then go to Disney.

Thinking if the latter is the case I might cancel our booking and just get an Uber!

We took Mears out of Terminal C last week. The van went to Wdw with only a stop at Gaylord Palms first.
It was a little less organized than I remember the old ME being. We checked in at the Mears desk and they had all the passengers wait together for a van and we All got on seemingly without regard to resort location on property.
As we boarded the van the driver warned us that we would have to go to terminal B first so she would know where to go. But then she ended up not going to terminal B after all, and we went straight to Gaylord Palms.
There was a bit of discussion about where everyone was headed and two different parties were headed to All Stars. The driver said All Stars was not on her list but that she would take them to All Stars if they could show her their Mears boarding pass.

We were lucky as Caribbean Beach was the next stop and that is where we were staying. So for us personally it was efficient and faster than we were predicting.

I assume the newness of Terminal C and maybe fewer Terminal C arrivals means Mears is not as smooth and efficient there yet.

Are Mears now only using vans for transportation to Disney? What happened to the large buses?

Arrived Terminal C Jet Blue last Wednesday. Very long walk to baggage carousel on level 6. Went down to level 1 and did Mears checkin. Agent took me and another family back up to level 6 and put us all in a Mears Taxi. Not a van, a taxi. Dropped them at WL then dropped me at GF.

I’ve stopped trying to predict how Mears is going to handle transportation. As long as I get there and the time is reasonable, I’ll take it! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter