Jodi & Raphael's Disney Dream Wedding - Jan 19-23, 2014

Hi Ladies! I want to thank you all for being patient with me! I'm so sorry that I haven't put an update in MONTHS!! But with the new house, then the holidays, and not to mention working 6, sometimes 7 days a week plus the wedding stuff. I've had like no time. LOL :)

Anyway... I thought I would give you a quick update. So we got everything we wanted for the wedding. Our ceremony will be the Nassau day, Jan 20, 2014 at 4pm. Since we have a small group it will be held on the Meridian Patio!! I'm so excited for this. I did ask that if due to inclement weather to be moved to Outlook but so far the forecast is good :). My bouquet is the French rose with white and lavender roses. I also have added 5 crystal Mickey's to the bouquet. Raphael is having a white rose boutonnière (spelling?). We did splurge for a med box of lavender rose petals to be scattered and staged on the aisle and the rest given to our guests for a petal toss at the end. Oh we also purchased the hawaiian leis for us for pictures. We opted not to have the musician play, instead we made a cd, which has all Hawaiian music on it. Our cake is going to be the upgrade to the Under the Sea cake, I'm hoping and requested that more of the chocolate shells be blue. So we will see. The top layer will be vanilla with raspberry buttercream and the bottom layer is chocolate with white chocolate truffle mousse. I was very surprised when I emailed Meredith asking about signature drinks at our cake and champagne celebration, that she said yes we can have one. So we are having Captain's Mai Tai as B.O.C. This took a long time to get a confirmation on but it's a go. So to all you future DCL brides, if there's something you have in mind just ask, you never know what the answer may be :). Then after the cake and champagne celebration we are taking our guests to dinner a Palo's at 9pm, we reserved their private dining room!! I'm so excited, we fly out this Wednesday and we haven't even started to pack. EEK!!! We did ship a box to the Contemporary since we will be at BLT 3 nights before the cruise leaves.

So our ADRs before the cruise is-
Thursday- lunch at the Wave
Nothing for dinner probably hang out at Top of the world lounge

Friday- breakfast at Kona
Dinner- Grand Floridian Cafe ( my mom, 2 aunts and friends Missy and Kami- who are all going on the cruise will be going us and then we will have a bachelorette party with drinking around the monorail loop- at least if think that's the plan :) )

Saturday-
Dinner- 'Ohanas ( our "sail away dinner"- above 5 will be joining us plus a few friends that live in FL that are unable to make the cruise- there will be a total of 10 of us).
Special surprise after dinner :)

Sunday - we board the Dream for our wedding cruise!!

We will be back at WDW for 2 weeks after the cruise staying at Beach Club Villas. Our ADRs include BOG, Flying Fish, Fulton's crab house, Narccossee's, SOA, Victoria and Albert's, CRT, HDDMR, and Olivia's.

I did purchase quite a few things on Etsy for the wedding and I'll try to remember to take pictures of everything and post that in my TR!

2 DAYS LEFT before we fly to WDW!! Yay I'm so excited, but boy do I have A LOT to do!

You must let us know how's Vic and Al's is. Can't wait for all this fun to begin!

So, so close!

Sounds like everything is coming together! (Packing always comes together eventually, haha!) I love your ADRs. So happy you're going to V&A, it's amazing! (What's SOA? My mind is failing me.) And the dinner at Ohana plus "special surprise after dinner", oooh! Exciting!

All the wedding details sounds gorgeous and I absolutely can't wait to see it all come together!

So, so close! Sounds like everything is coming together! (Packing always comes together eventually, haha!) I love your ADRs. So happy you're going to V&A, it's amazing! (What's SOA? My mind is failing me.) And the dinner at Ohana plus "special surprise after dinner", oooh! Exciting! All the wedding details sounds gorgeous and I absolutely can't wait to see it all come together!

Thank you so much! Lol, SOA, is Spirit of Aloha! One day left and still NO packing done but like you said it'll come together! :)

So I sent an email to Karen at DFAP for our MK bridal shoot. Unfortunately I will not be having Cricket as my photographer, she was unavailable but I am having Stephanie with Lisa as the assistant. I'm hopeful our pictures come out Amazing :)

Have a wonderful trip!! I can't wait to hear how everything turns out; your plans sound fabulous and I'm sure your guests will all have a terrific time!!

I'm so excited for you!!!

Brooke

Sorry I have been missing in action lately! I'm so excited for you that it is getting so close!!!! I'm sooo excited for you and I def can't wait to see pics!! I'm sure your MK session will go amazing and all your wedding details sound great!!

I am actually going to MK tomorrow morning for a few hours...I'll be thinking about you!

The wedding itself went very well and everyone loved it and had a wonderful time! There were a few minor issues, I'll get to when I do a TR! Our MK shoot went so well, I can't wait to get those pictures back. We are having fun on our honeymoon and if anyone wants a sneak peak at some pictures our photographer put some on her Facebook page, Tanya Downs photography. Enjoy :)

Congratulations Jodi! I just creeped through the pictures on Facebook, you are such a stunning bride! Everything looks just wonderful and beautiful and magical :)
Can't wait to read your update and hear all about it!!

Congratulations and happy belated wedding day! I hope you are having so much fun on your honeymoon. I checked out the photos on Facebook and they are so beautiful! I love the photo in front of the Cinderella mosaic, gorgeous! Can't wait for the TR!

Hi Jodi! Congrats on ur big day. Seems like u all had an awesome experience. :) Just wondering if u will post a link to ur TR on this thread when it's ready?

Hi Ladies! Sorry to keep you in suspense but I may not get started on a TR until next Sunday. I will try to start sooner! Thank you all so much. I did get back out MK and Epcot photos! I love them :). Can't wait to show you all and get started on my TR! I will just continue it here :). So stay tuned...

Hi Ladies! Sorry to keep you in suspense but I may not get started on a TR until next Sunday. I will try to start sooner! Thank you all so much. I did get back out MK and Epcot photos! I love them :). Can't wait to show you all and get started on my TR! I will just continue it here :). So stay tuned...

So excited! Just know that I will be obsessively stalking this thread all week! <3

So we flew out on a Wednesday night. I had booked us a shuttle van to take us from our house to the airport and pick bring us back home. Maybe two hours before we were supposed to be picked up, I got a phone call from the company stating that a limo was in our area and would we like to have that pick us up instead at no extra cost to us!! pixie dust: Oh course we said yes!! I was thinking Did they know we were going for our wedding and honeymoon?? And so we got some pixie dust before we left WA! pixie dust:

They flights going to FL, were a little nerve wreaking for me as I had carried on my dress! The first flight we didn't have seats together. I tried to get us bumped to first class, using the wedding and the dress as leverage but alas it was booked. We did get Economy plus for the first flight and exit seating for the second flight at no addition charge. However when the lady inform me of this she stated "well the good news is you will have your entire lives together but for this flight you are seating in front of each other"! Then when we boarded the plane I wanted my dress hung up! I was informed they had a closet which was about half the length of a normal closet! The male flight attended was like it would probably be better if you laid it across the top of the bags in the overhead! I looked at him and was like UM NO it's going in the closet it doesn't matter if the bottom of it is crumpled!!! Crazy!! Anyway the flight attendants on the next flight were SO much nicer about it!!

After two flights we have finally made it to Orlando airport and made our way over to Magical Express to take us to Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary!!

Sorry this is a short and kinda lame beginning. I must get ready for work and i really need to get my pictures together so this can be a little more interesting :)

Stay Tuned…..

Yay!! You started!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!! (and see all the pictures!!)

Brooke

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter