S - Lg Skim Milk Latte' w/sugar free Caramal flavoring

L - Chicken Salad on a bed of Romaine
w/dices of onion,peppers, tomatoe
Lite Italian Dressing

S - Lg. Diet Coke

D - 4oz Lean Country Style Pork Ribs w/hot sauce
1 c.Broccoli w/I can't believe its not butter spray

S - Med decaf coffee topped w/apx 3 oz cappuccino

I didn't do very well on the water today. It was a VERY busy day at work and I just didn't think to drink.

Totals -
Calories - 853
Fat - 31 [35%]
Carbs - 62 [26%]
Protein - 79 [39%]

Thursday April 1, 2004

I did so well the first two weeks on program and I've been at a stall now since monday. I'm hoping that things will soon get moving again. If not, I may jump right back in to phase one for awhile.

B - High Fiber English Muffin
w/ One Egg

S - Lg. Skim milk Latte' w/sugar free vanilla flavoring

L - apx 2 oz of lean pork on a bed of Romaine
w/ lite Italian Dressing

S - Lg diet coke

D - apx 4 oz Grilled Italian Sausage
1 c. Broccoli w/I can't believe its not butter spray
1/2 c baked beans [low sugar]

S - Diet Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate

Lots of water for today also!

I went to Curves on Monday and Wednesday of this week and am planning on getting there again friday afternoon.

Totals -
Calories - 963
Fat - 34 [35%]
Carbs - 91 [33%]
Protein - 71 [33%]

Just checking in to say :wave2: and wish you a great weekend!!!

You'll break through that stall in no time!

hey jody, sorry you've hit a stall! but like you said, if it lasts too long, you could just go back to phase 1 for a nice little jump start. whatever works! good luck breaking through! :bounce:

have a great day :sunny:

Friday April 2, 2004
Day Five at 205 - Ugh

B - SlimFast LowCarb chocolate shake

S - Lg Skim milk Latte' w/sugar free vanilla flavoring

L - Subway Club low carb wrap
[no cheese or mayo]

D - Maui Maui [white fish]
green beans and broccoli

I did fair on the water today. Could have done a little better.

Totals -
Calories - 859
Fat - 20 [33%]
Carbs - 76 [26%]
Protein - 99 [51%]

Saturday April 3, 2004

B - SlimFast LowCarb Chocolate Shake

L - Chicken salad on bed of romaine
w/bits of tomatoe, green pepper, onion
Lite italian dressing

S - Sugar Free Milana Mocha made w/skim milk
[Borders Coffee drink -- YUM]

D - Subway Club Wrap
[no cheese or mayo]

S - Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate

Did fair on the water again today.

Totals -
Calories - 903
Fat - 31 [34%]
Carbs - 75 [27%]
Protein - 82 [39%]

Sunday April 4, 2004

B - 2 eggs over medium
2 slices bacon, sm slice of ham

D - apx 2 oz cheddar cheese chunks
celerly and pepper strips w/ranch dressing
Small salad - romaine, mushroom, ranch dressing
Toppings off of 1 slice pizza - mozzarella,onion,mushroom

It was an odd day today. But pretty usual for a Sunday for us. I'll have to plan ahead a little more for Sundays. We usually always go out for breakfast. And dinner is at MIL's. I ate more 'Atkins Like' today but it was pretty much the best I could have done for dinner with the choices that I had. Fat ended up really high today.

Totals -
Calories - 1134
Fat - 91 [73%]
Carbs - 14 [4%]
Protein - 64 [23%]

Jody, I don't know too much about South Beach, but I noticed that your caloric intake was way below 1200 (health professionals advise that you do not go below 1200 calories per day) for several days. This might be the problem. Perhaps you need to up your calories, and see how that goes. Good luck with your continued weight loss.

hey jody, just popping in to say hello :wave:

hope everything is going well for you, and i hope you have a wonderful day :sunny:

Monday April 5, 2004
3 weeks on SouthBeach
I gained one pound this week
YES, I'm frustrated [once again]

I'm going to tweak things a little bit and try to get my calories up around 1200 each day.

B - 3 eggs over medium

S - Part Skim Mozzarella cheese stick

L - 20 oz decaf coffee topped w/cappuccino
Chicken Cheesesteak [no roll]

D - Salad - Romaine, skim mozzarella, lite italian dressing

S - 12 oz decaf coffee topped w/ cappuccino
Lite Yogurt

I found a package of 'chicken minute steaks' at the grocery store and made up custom nutrition info using the numbers from that label for the meat. I was very surprised that 'chicken' minute steaks were just as high in calories and fat as 'beef' minute steaks. That just amazes me! When I cook or eat beef steaks they have such a greasy feel compared to the chicken.

Totals -
Calories - 1042
Fat - 61 [56%]
Carbs - 47 [18%]
Protein - 65 [26%]

I was really trying to get at 1200-1300 calories. I guess I will have to try harder! Who would have ever thought that I would be having a hard time eating ENOUGH food? I picked up a few things at the store that I thought would work great to add in an extra few calories each day. I got light yogurt and also some apples and natural peanut butter.

I'm writing this summary on tuesday morning and I did manage to lose the one pound I gained last week plus one more. So maybe my problem really was eating 'too little'.

Hi Jody!

I'm checking to see how you are doing. I'm sorry you are up a pound but I was wondering if you were eating enough calories too. It must be frustrating for you. I know you'll keep your chin up and tweak until you find the right combination for you. Take care!

thought I would stop by and say "howdie-ho, good neighbor!"
:)

I think you are doing great. Way to tweak the plan.

Do you think maybe you were having too much "fake" sugar?? Like from shakes, latte flavorings, diet cocoa,etc. . Sometimes that slows me down considerably. Just wondering.

Sounds like you are on your way, though, Jody. I think this plan will work for you. Just keep at it, you'll get results.

Have a good one, Jody..........on the beach!

:teeth: :wave:

Tuesday 04/06/04

S - Lg.Skim milk Latte' w/sugar free vanilla flavoring

L - 3 eggs over medium

S - 8oz light yogurt

D - Salad w/Romaine, part skim mozzarella,
almond accents, lite basalmic vinagerette
Cup of Chili [made w/venison]
topped w/part skim mozzarella

S - Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate

Totals -
Calories - 1147
Fat - 46 [39%]
Carbs - 83 [26%]
Protein - 95 [35%]

Seems high on the carbs compared to what I was use to. But most of the carbs are from the Dairy - [Latte and Yogurt] & Chili. Lactose carbs are an acceptable part of SouthBeach. As well as 'beans'. It just takes getting use to for me to see those high numbers.

Hi Jody,

It looks like you managed to figure out how many calories you need. The chili sounds YUMMY.
:sunny:
Beth

Wednesday 04/07/04

S - Lg Skim Milk Latte w/sugar free caramel flavoring

L - chicken salad on a bed of romaine with
bits of green pepper, tomatoe, onion
lite basalmic vinagerette dressing

S - Yoplait lite yogurt

D - Romaine salad w/almond accents
part skim mozzarella and lite basalmic vinagerette dressing

One large apple sliced. Dipped in a 'dip' made with 2 tbs of natural chunk p.butter and davinci sugar free caramel flavoring.

I got my calories up a little higher today. It seems like I picked good healthy foods including 'healthy carbs'. But OH MY I think this is the highest my carb count has been! YIKES! Carbs coming mostly from the milk products again today [latte, yogurt, shake] and the apple. I will continue to monitor my progress to be sure these changes don't prevent me from breaking this stall.

Totals -
Calories - 1220
Fat - 53 [41%]
Carbs - 111 [33%]
Protein - 75 [26%]

The apple dip sounds divine. I might have to try that. I even have the davinci syrup. Great job getting those calories in.
:sunny:
Beth

I just had my apple and dip --- and it WAS divine Beth. Next to criminal -- honestly!;)

I took 2 tbsp of natural chunky peanut butter and thinned it out a little with the davinci sugar free caramel syrup. Wow! That was REALLY good. I'm still having a very hard time thinking that it is okay to be eating all of these carbs though. I just had an APPLE! Who would ever think that I'd be so excited over something like this - LOL! This 'dip' would have been good with celery also. Maybe I'll have it with celery if I don't do well having the apples.

Jody, I was also concerned about you eating too few calories and I'm happy to see that you're getting closer to 1200 a day! Good for you! Even when you were eating low-carb, I didn't think you ate enough and I've always wondered if that was part of the plateau problem.

I know it's hard to eat all those carbs after doing Atkins for so long but, honestly, that's the way the South Beach program is designed to work. Your protein levels are good. You've cut down your fat percentage and replaced some of that fat with "good" carbs like apples! You're doing a great job - now you just have to be patient and give your body time to adjust to the new fat/carb/protein ratio. Hopefully you'll continue to see those great results you saw in the first 2 weeks!

I think you'll be very happy in the long run with South Beach! I'll be crossing my fingers for you on weigh-in day! ::yes::

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday filled with :sunny: and smiles!

:hug:

Hi Jody!

I'm checking in on you. I know I can read your posts our SBD thread on lowcarbfriends but I like to check on WISH buddies on their journals too.

I can only imagine how difficult it must be to transition from Atkins to SBD but you are doing a fine job. Keep up the great work and I hope the scale is kind to you on weigh in day! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter