John and Jessica's Wedding - - June 2010 SBP

So what are people doing about wedding gowns. Since we can't wear them in the park have people bought 2? One short one (not so weddingish) and one traditional gown? I went and tried some on today and think that I found "the one"! I loved it..but its a little pricey:guilty: Let me know what you guys think!! This one would be the 2nd dress to wear into park.

Ooo I really like that short one to wear into the parks!! :)

They're both very similar actually! :) I tried on a very similar dress in DB but thought it was a big too formal for me. I guess I see lace as formal! :rotfl2:

Ooo I really like that short one to wear into the parks!! :)

They're both very similar actually! :) I tried on a very similar dress in DB but thought it was a big too formal for me. I guess I see lace as formal! :rotfl2:

It's funny because I am a very informal girl and thought that I'd never like something that is full of lace..but it was just so beautiful on and I was like I need to have that!! LOL

I'm also in love with the short one, but I am trying to keep the dress on a budget. If I was to get both that would be over 1200. I mean how long do you actually wear it. I think its crazy to spend 1000 on a dress that I'll wear for a few hours. But I love it;)

So I've been coming up with the list of restaurants I want to make reservations for while we are down there...let me know everyone's input.

Boma
Teppan Edo
Brown Derby
50s Prime Time
and Ohana for character bfast

So I ordered our Guest Bags today, I had them embroidered in our wedding colors!! I'm having so much fun putting the bag together.

Also, I've done some more thinking on my wedding dress, I really don't see spending a ton on the dress since I won't be in it for all that long..also, I have to figure out who I'm using on my hair and book them..

I just wanted to stop in and say hi and everything looks like it is coming along great. Congrats on getting Rev. Tim booked! You two are an adorable couple and I can't wait to hear more about the wedding planning. Your big day will be here before you know it!!!:goodvibes

Both of those dresses are gorgeous!!

And your dining choices sound great! I love Ohanas. Have you been there for dinner before?

YAYYYY! Disney contacted me today and said that they have finished up my LOA and will be passing it along to the coordinators, I should have my person within a week she said :):):) I can't wait to really start planning.

I just wanted to stop in and say hi and everything looks like it is coming along great. Congrats on getting Rev. Tim booked! You two are an adorable couple and I can't wait to hear more about the wedding planning. Your big day will be here before you know it!!!:goodvibes

Both of those dresses are gorgeous!!

And your dining choices sound great! I love Ohanas. Have you been there for dinner before?

Thanks! Welcome. I've had a character breakfast at Ohanas and I loved it..it was just a cool atmosphere.

I have lace in my dress, and it's a short one too. I love your choices! They are so pretty and will look beautiful in the SBP setting!

Also, our Escape wedding is January 3rd, and we've booked 4 or 5 of the restaurants on your list! The reservationist highly recommended Boma to us, so I'm really looking forward to that.

I love the bridesmaid dresses too! So cute! I think it's something the girls can wear over and over again.

Good luck with your plans, and I can't wait to read more!

Congrats!!!

The hairstyles are really pretty and about the Tux Mens Wearhouse has been great for us!!

Good Luck and have fun planning:goodvibes

Congrats!!!

The hairstyles are really pretty and about the Tux Mens Wearhouse has been great for us!!

Good Luck and have fun planning:goodvibes

I really wanted to go with Mens Warehouse..but they didnt have the tan tux that I wanted the guys to wear. Instead I have to go wtih Carolyn Allens, which I'm a little nervous about..My guests will be arriving on Monday and the Wedding is Wednesday, so I'm hoping Carolyn Allens will be able to come to my hotel room Monday @ 4 to do the adjustments and then bring them back Tuesday afternoon..If anyone has any experience with Carolyn Allens please let me know if my timeline is legit.

congrats!!

The first dress you posted was the dress I wore, so if you want to see pics of it in "action" my TR is full of them.

Look out for Alfred Angelo deals, we ended up getting $100 off. It was super comfy and didn't get too hot, I ended up adding a crinnie to it also!

I got my DISNEY COORDINATOR!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana: Her name is Tanis..so PLEASE if you had her give me all the feedback! She seemed really nice and helpful...unfortunalty I missed her call but her voicemail seemed sweet. I'm just super psyched to start planning for real now!!!!!

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do the night before my wedding. I know that my mom and sister(MOH) are going to be spending the night with me..I just havent decided if I want to get a new room for all of us or kick DF out of my room and put him in a room with his parent's and have my family with me in our room...What did other people do??

So I got the bags I ordered from online a few days ago. I ordered them in Brown and Pink which are my wedding colors. I am mostly satisfied with them, they only cost me $14.95 with free embroidery, but will be adding a Rhinestone Mickey to all of the bags. I got bags that said "Best Lady" (DF is really close with his sister and wanted her to be his best man), Maid of Honor, Parent's of the groom x 2 because they are divorced, and Parents of the bride. I have a flower girl who will be almost 2 by the wedding so I figured I'd personalize her bag and I ordered her a completely different bag. I emailed ALOT of companies asking for donations or coupons to help lower the costs, I thought I would get a laugh in the face and these companies would tell me to jump off a bridge, but I got the complete opposite. I have gotten a ton of free coupon vouchers for a lot of products. So enough ranting, in all the bags I plan on putting the following:

-SunScreen packets ( I got about 15,000 free packets from the Skin Cancer foundation. I emailed them asking them for any samples they could provide me for my guests, and I got home the NEXT DAY and there were three huge boxes full of packets, its a great way to save money by emailing companies.)

-Shout wipes (again got free coupons from this company)
- Bandaids with Disney Characters
-Tampons for the girls bags( they mailed me 5 free coupons)
- Kleenex packets (mailed me coupons)
- Gum ( I am getting a ton of free gum coupons)
- lint roller
- wet ones
- Disney playing cards
- chapstick
- snacks and water ( we will buy this once we are down there)
- A welcome folder that includes, hidden mickey pamphlet, Did you know facts, intineraries, park maps, welcome letter
-Window clings we made for everybody's resort window
-Vera Bradley Clutch for the MOH, MOB, and Best lady. They match the wedding colors and I thought they'd love them.
-disney pens
-disney tin filled with advil, tylenol, immodium, neosporin
- disney notebook

The flower girls bag is a little different:
- princess crayons
- personalized minnie mouse bathrobe
- autograph book
- disney pen
- disney notebook
- Vera bradley mini bag
- bibsters, snack cup, zoo pals platicware (things for mommy)
- wet ones
- disney coloring books with stickers
- disney mini book

this is the flower girls bag that I ordered, it is a cinch top backpack. above minnie will say flower girl and below will say her name

this is the flower girls goodies

This is the adult bag. I have not bought all the goodies yet, so this is what I have so far.

So I did these a while ago, but just getting around to posting. I wanted a unique way to ask my flower girl, MOH, and Best lady to be in our wedding, so I made each of them one of these and made the envelope too.

I love Sunday's. I sit on the couch and do crafty wedding things while watching Football with DF. I'm making the window clings tonight, so we'll see how those turn out and I'll post soon :)! Happy Sunday:rotfl::rotfl:

great job on the gift bags, they look great! And what a good idea to email the companies to ask for coupons! I'd go with probably making DF stay with someone else if he can. This way you can save the money for the extra room for the honeymoon. I think we're just going to stay together. We already live together so it seems silly to stay in separate rooms for that one night. Although I do think it would be fun the night before to just be with family or friends.

the cards are so cute! And I can't wait to see the window clings!

Thanks, your so sweet! I'm just finishing up the window cling...they should be up later tonight. I am also making personalized Hidden Mickey Pamphlets for everyone, I will include where the hidden mickeys are in everyone's hotel that they are staying in. Also, I have to make the bags that will hold the rose petals for our staged exit :) Busy busy sunday :) GO PATRIOTS

The kids stuff is adorable. I'm in the same dilemma, I have a ton of stuff for the kids bags but hardly anything for the adult bags.

The kids stuff is adorable. I'm in the same dilemma, I have a ton of stuff for the kids bags but hardly anything for the adult bags.

Please tell me how you are getting your bags down there?? I am panicking about how we are going to get all of this stuff to DW??:confused3:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter