"Journey to the Center..." HELP!

Abronsius

Earning My Ears
Hey guys and gals,

I need your help for a VERY important decision! ;)
I'm going to Tokyo and TDR for the first time between Sep 11 and Sep 21...
Our plan is to visit Disneyland Park on Tuesday and Wednesday (15/16) on Disney Sea on Thursday/Friday.
Now here's the thing: I saw that Journey to the Center of the Earth will be closed till the 18th...
Do you think we should skip going on Friday and go to Disney Sea on Saturday instead EVEN THOUGH the crowd level on that day seems to be insane? And when we're talking about Tokyo Disney Sea, I guess insane means INSANE!!!

Please help me/us!

XO

I haven't gone yet, but I've done some research. Unlike the American parks, the TDR tickets need to be used on consecutive days, so your plan to skip Friday would require a 3 day ticket + a 1 day ticket. I would probably do Wednesday-Saturday. I would do Disneyland day 1, DisneySea day 2, because on the 3rd and 4th days you can park hop. Or if I wanted a more leisurely pace, maybe Tuesday-Friday on a 4 day ticket, then Saturday on a 1 day or starlight ticket (entrance after 3 pm).

That's a tough call. I was there last week and Journey was broken for pretty much the whole day, so I never got to go on it. I realize it seems like they will be fixing it, but it might be a good idea to have two days of opportunities to be able to go on it. Pooh's Hunny Hunt was also broken for a lengthy time one day last week, but fortunately we had ridden it first thing in the morning.

However you work it I'm sure you'll have a blast! Even without any rides TDS is a fabulous place to walk around. The attention to detail is incredible. Don't forget to get a popcorn bucket and wear it around your neck. Even my Disney loathing husband got into the spirit with a Mr. Potato Head bucket!

Hey guys and gals,

I need your help for a VERY important decision! ;)
I'm going to Tokyo and TDR for the first time between Sep 11 and Sep 21...
Our plan is to visit Disneyland Park on Tuesday and Wednesday (15/16) on Disney Sea on Thursday/Friday.
Now here's the thing: I saw that Journey to the Center of the Earth will be closed till the 18th...
Do you think we should skip going on Friday and go to Disney Sea on Saturday instead EVEN THOUGH the crowd level on that day seems to be insane? And when we're talking about Tokyo Disney Sea, I guess insane means INSANE!!!

Please help me/us!

XO

It's a really cool ride, but missing it wouldn't be the most tragic thing ever. (Missing Sindbad would be the most tragic thing ever :) )

That being said, the Tokyo parks utilize the old FP system so even a crazy busy day, you should be able to do everything you want with a little advance planning.

I'd maybe go Wednesday-Saturday if I were you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter