July 28, 2007 - "Rome-ancing the Mouse Cruisers" -11 days! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool - I am away from the boards for a couple of weeks due to being swamped in RL and I come back to find not one but TWO tags :cool1:

I have NO chance of catching up on the thread since there were THOUSANDS of posts that I missed - but less than two weeks until we leave for Paris :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I look forward to meeting all of you in Barcelona at the fountain!

Cool - I am away from the boards for a couple of weeks due to being swamped in RL and I come back to find not one but TWO tags :cool1:

I have NO chance of catching up on the thread since there were THOUSANDS of posts that I missed - but less than two weeks until we leave for Paris :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I look forward to meeting all of you in Barcelona at the fountain!

Congrats on Tags.

QUICK QUESTION RE PIZA.

I made a booking for climbing Piza for Saturday 4th August 2007.

Its 7 tickets The tour starts at 15:00. However they put the order through twice and charged me twice. I need 7 but have 7 spare.

Now I am in contact with them seeking a refund, and should get this, but is anyone here interested in them instead?

Hi as we have new people on the thread just thought I would post this info again.

We are planning a meet to watch the magic Fountain show in Barcelona.

The Magic Fountain of Montjuic -Barcelona Photo Guide
The magic fountain of Montjuïc's first performance was on May 19, 1929 during the Great Universal Exhibition. The designer Carles Buigas submitted his plans one year before the exhibition and many thought that the project was too ambitious to be created, let alone completed on time.

Over 3000 workers were commissioned to work on the project and less than 1 year later the magic fountain was born.

The magic fountain is a spectacular display of colour, light, motion, music and water acrobatics - if you mix all these elements together in just the right combinations, you end up with pure magic! The magic fountain is a "must see" when you come to Barcelona and highly recommended

see http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/albums-en/magic-fountains-montjuic/

fountain2.jpg

fountain3.jpg

towerfountain.jpg

The plan is we are going to meet 22:15 at the towers (by right on I think?) So we can all watch the 22:30 show togerther.

Where is the magic fountain?
Metro: Placa Espanya (Green Line, L3) and (Red Line, L1) To get to the "Magic Fountain", you should take the metro to Plaça Espanya. Then, head toward the twin towers.
This is the link to the offical website - http://www.bcn.es/fonts/ there is a web cam link that coincides with the performances. There is also and English button !

So are you interested - we have a group going for dinner @ the 4cats restuarant before hand and also a group meeting @ the grandmarina hotel. But we all plan to meet up at the towers.

Just out of interest - Could you PM me if you are planning on meeting up @ the towers 22:15. I can then make a list of who to look out for. Thanks

Helen x

QUICK QUESTION RE PIZA.

I made a booking for climbing Piza for Saturday 4th August 2007.

Its 7 tickets The tour starts at 15:00. However they put the order through twice and charged me twice. I need 7 but have 7 spare.

Now I am in contact with them seeking a refund, and should get this, but is anyone here interested in them instead?

That's annoying, getting charged twice -- I actually thought I had seen someone asking for tickets to climb the tower in Pisa, but I just looked and couldn't find it (maybe I dreamed it!). I guess you should just try to get the refund for the second set unless someone here speaks up.

Hi as we have new people on the thread just thought I would post this info again.

The magic fountain of Montjuïc's first performance was on May 19, 1929 during the Great Universal Exhibition. The designer Carles Buigas submitted his plans one year before the exhibition and many thought that the project was too ambitious to be created, let alone completed on time.

Over 3000 workers were commissioned to work on the project and less than 1 year later the magic fountain was born.

The magic fountain is a spectacular display of colour, light, motion, music and water acrobatics - if you mix all these elements together in just the right combinations, you end up with pure magic! The magic fountain is a "must see" when you come to Barcelona and highly recommended

fountain2.jpg

fountain3.jpg

towerfountain.jpg

The plan is we are going to meet 22:15 at the towers (by right on I think?) So we can all watch the 22:30 show togerther.

Metro: Placa Espanya (Green Line, L3) and (Red Line, L1) To get to the "Magic Fountain", you should take the metro to Plaça Espanya. Then, head toward the twin towers.
This is the link to the offical website - http://www.bcn.es/fonts/ there is a web cam link that coincides with the performances. There is also and English button !

So are you interested - we have a group going for dinner @ the 4cats restuarant before hand and also a group meeting @ the grandmarina hotel. But we all plan to meet up at the towers.

Just out of interest - Could you PM me if you are planning on meeting up @ the towers 22:15. I can then make a list of who to look out for. Thanks

Helen x

Helen, it sounds wonderful, but we will just get into Barcelona the morning of the 27th and I suspect we will be really tired that night. We'll see you on the ship the next day . . .:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hi, today was productive as far as preparations for the cruise is concerned.
Ordered EUros
purchased 4 rolls of quarters for laundry
Pedicure and tan appointments for 7/25
Car windshield replacement appt. ( inspection sticker expires 7/31 and we won't be here so must be done early)
Final packing list complete

Not bad for 1 day :cool1: :cool1:

Also, DD13 got her braces today and learned she needs 2 teeth pulled in the next 6 weeks:sad1: :sad1:
5 loads of laundry
cleaned the bathroom

No wonder I'm tired.

Visa/Debit/Atm information???

I have a visa debit card with Bank of America and they told me it should work fine in an atm machine in Europe. Does anyone have 1st hand knowlege as to whether or not this is true?

Is the 4 digit not beginning with 0 accurate for the pin? BofA didn't say anything about the 0 just that it had to have 4 digits.

Now to vent. My friend still hasn't come home to take care of her dog. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: HE's very hot, it's 90 degrees and humid and he's an eskimo dog with lots of fur. She told me she was coming early. I'm very upset. HE's in pain and shaking. I know there is nothing I can do,but I'm mad about it. I don't understand how you can treat any pet this way. I know she's in denial but I was quite clear on the phone about the seriousness of the situation. I'm keeping him company when I can but it bothers me that she's not taking care of him.

OK, thanks for listening. I'm done now and I'm going back to sit with him for a little while now.

Sandra

Sandra,

I would be upset too. They will be home tonight? At least you know you did the right thing.

T-shirt update:

OH WELL, IT GOT KICKED BACK FOR COPYWRITE.

I emailed them to see if they could print the back with the names If they could print the back , I would do an iron-on on the front. I'll keep you posted.

Congrats on the MAJOR pirate: Julie.

Maryann

Ordered EUros
Car windshield replacement appt. ( inspection sticker expires 7/31 and we won't be here so must be done early)

Also, DD13 got her braces today and learned she needs 2 teeth pulled in the next 6 weeks:sad1: :sad1:
5 loads of laundry
cleaned the bathroom

No wonder I'm tired.

I have a visa debit card with Bank of America and they told me it should work fine in an atm machine in Europe. Does anyone have 1st hand knowlege as to whether or not this is true?

Is the 4 digit not beginning with 0 accurate for the pin? BofA didn't say anything about the 0 just that it had to have 4 digits.

Now to vent. My friend still hasn't come home to take care of her dog. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: HE's very hot, it's 90 degrees and humid and he's an eskimo dog with lots of fur. She told me she was coming early. I'm very upset. HE's in pain and shaking. I know there is nothing I can do,but I'm mad about it. I don't understand how you can treat any pet this way. I know she's in denial but I was quite clear on the phone about the seriousness of the situation. I'm keeping him company when I can but it bothers me that she's not taking care of him.

OK, thanks for listening. I'm done now and I'm going back to sit with him for a little while now.

Sandra

I can't believe they haven't come for their dog! I have two (Belle and Linus!) and couldn't imagine it.

Bank of America visa debit card worked for me last year in Germany and the Czech republic . . . they were the ones to tell me that I needed to change my PIN to something with 4 digits, and also that it shouldn't start with a zero ("naught" for this Brit cruise) because some European ATMS don't recognize it.

Julie - Thanks for the info on the Chocolate factory.
Helen - We are planning on meeting up with you all at the fountain. We also arrive that morning and DH thinks we will be too tired but DD and I are up for the adventure.
4kittymagic - Jeff (DH), Diane and Kylie (DD)

:banana: :banana:

"Still looking for anyone with information about booking a tour to the Chocolate factory in Barcelona on Friday July 27th. My DD really wanted this tour but we couldn't get it through Disney on embark day."

We are doing this july 27 at 3pm, PM me if you would like to join us. I will email the choc museum and see if we can add more people. PM me how many adults and kids and also the kids ages.

Sandra,

I would be upset too. They will be home tonight? At least you know you did the right thing.

T-shirt update:

OH WELL, IT GOT KICKED BACK FOR COPYWRITE.

I emailed them to see if they could print the back with the names If they could print the back , I would do an iron-on on the front. I'll keep you posted.

Congrats on the MAJOR pirate: Julie.

Maryann

I was afraid it was too good to be true---same for me. Remember when we first started with the lanyards and dh worried about copywrite. That is an issue for a business to deal with. I guess it will be iron on or nothing. We can all walk the plank together!pirate:

I just read on another thread that someone ws looking for tix that same day. I think it was one of med excursions thread in the trip report section. I will look and see if I can find it again. It was a guy, I didnt recognize his name from our thread.

Ordered EUros

5 loads of laundry
cleaned the bathroom

No wonder I'm tired.

Sandra

Wow! You, go girl! What a day!

Just how far away did these people go on vacation? Are they on the cruise before us or what?? I just cannot imagine that someone would be as kind as you have been and then to call to let me know how ill my pet was that I would not travel all night to get home to take care of it. There is just no second guessing anyone, is there?:confused3

You have gone above and beyond what most people would do, well, I would be doing it too, but it makes you so:mad: at the people and :sad1: for the poor dog who just can't understand what is going on. Denial is one thing, but you have to care for your pet even in denial. I am thinking about you!:hug:

Dh and I just recovered from a migrain as we took his car to the garage for what we thought was a minor repair and just as we had picked up our euros yesterday the garage called to tell us the part was $1,500. Thank goodness I had the euros in hand at that point!:sad2: It was the air conditioner clutch so he told them to forget it, he would do without air because it would be another $1,500 to put it on! After a sleepless night, he thought he had purchased an extended warranty and when he went to pick the car up today he told the mechanic about it---sure enough, he had one, and it is covered---now wouldn't you have thought they would have checked that first???:scared1: I guess not if they thought they could make about $3,000!!! Well, in a few more days he should have his car back and I should have mine back too :rotfl: :rotfl: .....No more surprises, thank you, Honda garage!

Is anyone on the list going on the La Cinta beach excursion when we land at Sardinia? We decided yesterday to book some beach time but could not get the first choice because there were not enough slots. We are 4 and there were only two left. So we decided to do the afternoon excursion to La Cinta primarily to experience a beach in Sardinia. :cool1: Let us know. See you all in 16 days.

fountain2.jpg

fountain3.jpg

towerfountain.jpg

Helen x

Let's also add that anyone who is not going to dinner and would like to meet for drinks at the Grand Marina & then go to the Fountain for the light show let me know. We are meeting at 7:30 in the lobby. You can send me a PM and we will start a list. So far I know Sandra and Gerry will be there and I think Jeanne.

Is anyone on the list going on the La Cinta beach excursion when we land at Sardinia? We decided yesterday to book some beach time but could not get the first choice because there were not enough slots. We are 4 and there were only two left. So we decided to do the afternoon excursion to La Cinta primarily to experience a beach in Sardinia. :cool1: Let us know. See you all in 16 days.

We are going, but in the morning! See you soon!:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter