July 28, 2007 - "Rome-ancing the Mouse Cruisers" -11 days! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will go Spring Break week..........3/14 - 3/20.........Tara's first quarter will be over and she'll be getting ready for her second European city at that point.........it should still be a bit "nippy" at that time of year........:cold:

That's very close to when we went, and there was snow! Be prepared for it to be downright cold and if it's not that's just a bonus.

Hi Andrew - how did your results turn out Monday? Good I hope.

Just a quick update of what's going on - we just got back home from Gaspare's catherization. Doctor was not happy with results. Apparantely the one artery w/stent in is starting to close and the other two blocked need to be taken care of -

He is now scheduled to go in Thursday for triple (maybe quadruple) bypass surgery.

I just ask for prayers that first he will be fine and two that we have the strength to keep us going through this.

Again - I enjoy stopping by to read here and the disboards for news/plans, etc. It is a great distraction.

My prayers and pixiedust: go out to you. I hope everything goes well.

Hi Andrew - how did your results turn out Monday? Good I hope.

Just a quick update of what's going on - we just got back home from Gaspare's catherization. Doctor was not happy with results. Apparantely the one artery w/stent in is starting to close and the other two blocked need to be taken care of -

He is now scheduled to go in Thursday for triple (maybe quadruple) bypass surgery.

I just ask for prayers that first he will be fine and two that we have the strength to keep us going through this.

Again - I enjoy stopping by to read here and the disboards for news/plans, etc. It is a great distraction.

Anna,
Gaspare is certainly in our prayers as are you and your family. Hopefully, as Julie said, this will be the beginning of a full recovery. He is young enough that he should be able to make it through all of this with flying colors. Prayers and Pixie dust to you. Please let us know as soon as you know anything.

Maryann

Wow Andrew, you certainly have been the "BUTT" of a lot of jokes around here lately. I wonder why?????:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I have happy news!!!!! Tom & I are going to be Grandparents!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:
DD & DSIL are expecting their first child in June of 2008!!

They are absolutely thrilled and so are we (although it just seems like yesterday that DD was born........) Anyway, I don't feel like a "Grandma" yet, but am looking forward to it. Just wait until I hit the Disney store when we go to WDW in Feb. By then we should know whether it will be a pirate or princess.

Maryann

I have happy news!!!!! Tom & I are going to be Grandparents!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

They are absolutely thrilled and so are we (although it just seems like yesterday that DD was born........) Anyway, I don't feel like a "Grandma" yet, but am looking forward to it. Just wait until I hit the Disney store when we go to WDW in Feb. By then we should know whether it will be a pirate or princess.

Maryann
WOW, I'm so jealous, a baby to spoil with WDW and MM!!! WTG!!:banana: :hug: :love: BW to their health and happiness!

Maryann

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Congratulations, Maryann!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hi everyone,

just checking in to say the surgery went well. He had a quadruple and they were able to do the evasive (minimal incision on the side and not the old-fashioned way through the chest). He will be in a lot more pain the first few days this way, but the recovery is a bit shorter. He might be out Sunday or Monday.

Thank you everyone for all your prayers.

Maryanne,

Congratulations. I am sure you are as excited as they are and can't wait to spoil the new bundle of joy. Gaspare (before me) has always said he can't wait for the day when he can treat the grandchildren to WDW. Enjoy!

Hi everyone,

just checking in to say the surgery went well. He had a quadruple and they were able to do the evasive (minimal incision on the side and not the old-fashioned way through the chest). He will be in a lot more pain the first few days this way, but the recovery is a bit shorter. He might be out Sunday or Monday.

Maryanne,

Congratulations. I am sure you are as excited as they are and can't wait to spoil the new bundle of joy. Gaspare (before me) has always said he can't wait for the day when he can treat the grandchildren to WDW. Enjoy!

Thats good, wish you and him all the best.

Thanks everyone for your best wishes.

Anna,

So glad the surgery wasn't as invasive. We're praying for his full recovery:love:

Maryann

Through my hands, as usual!.................................

Oh, you mean the big end, painful but geting better! Ta.

How are you? and whens the girls NY meet?

Glad it's getting better . . . let me know when you hear something about the results.

Our NYC Dismeet is next Saturday, Dec. 8 -- it's not too late for you to book your flight! I wouldn't be surprised if you could hear us all the way in London is you don't come, though . . .

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Hi everyone,

Maryanne,

That's great news, Anna . . . I hope the pain isn't too bad and that he can be recovering at home soon (there is nothing less relaxing than a hospital!). Keep us posted on his recovery (and on how you are handling things as well -- the caregiver needs to be cared for as well). :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Hi everyone,

Maryanne,

Wow, best wishes on his swift recovery......:hug:

Glad it's getting better . . . let me know when you hear something about the results.

Our NYC Dismeet is next Saturday, Dec. 8 -- it's not too late for you to book your flight! I wouldn't be surprised if you could hear us all the way in London is you don't come, though . . .

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Well I would but I have a full diary, DD Alice is 12 today, due to commitments of DW ns myself, have an office party tonight, her birthday meal is Sunday.

Next weekend, both kids have engagements, and require Dads taxi service, Now today I was offered 41% off flying virgin to NY, but I need to hold back cash for Christmas and maybe booking a 09 DCL cruise if they come on sale next week.

I only have two days holiday left for 07 to take and I have booked those just before Christmas, so unless I throw a sickie, - well I could do that, reason ''pain in the Butt'', but thats not honest.

Lastly the hospital will want to do my ultrasounds, haven't got a date, but it will be at short notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter