June 2012 Car Rental Discounts/Codes

I think there is a bug with alamo system. I have a midsize booked from June 6 - 11th with pick up at MCO and drop off at Dolphin (we are staying YC rest of trip and don't need a car). Historically a different drop off is way more. In my case 62 total out the door for a car. 1 month later I realize DD is out of school a little earlier and I am flying in a day earlier. I go to my ORIGINAL alamo reservation and modify fromn that. Rate does not change one bit even with a full 17 hour earlier pickup.

TODAY I realize I might be able to get a SW flight 6 hours earlier....Again I go into my ORIGNAL reservation back it up another 6 hours, absolutely no rate change. I don't get it.

So just to test my theory, back I go to the original reservation, change the drop off date to be 2 days laTER and my rate...goes up...by two bucks?

So needless to say I have 2 rental car reservations now in case I do get that earlier flight....It is using the Costco code and AA coupon but if I use those directly from the alamo site, rate way higher.

Moral of my long story - if u are pricing out a trip extension, do it from your original reservation!!!

Thanks for sharing the Alamo deals here. I just went in and got a full sized car for 10 days for $187.00. I used the $35.00 off code mentioned earlier in this thread! I had what I thought was a good deal from Hertz but this saved me over $100!!!! My rental was kind of unusual because we are dropping off in a different location from our pick up and that can usually be very expensive so I am thrilled!!!:cool1::cool1::disrocks:

Thanks for sharing the Alamo deals here. I just went in and got a full sized car for 10 days for $187.00. I used the $35.00 off code mentioned earlier in this thread! I had what I thought was a good deal from Hertz but this saved me over $100!!!! My rental was kind of unusual because we are dropping off in a different location from our pick up and that can usually be very expensive so I am thrilled!!!:cool1::cool1::disrocks:

Wow! That's awesome. What was the code for the $35 off?

I got a minivan from Alamo for pick up at Dolphin and return at Tampa airport for 3 weeks (June 20 - July 11) for $520 all included. I thought that was pretty amazing. Tried to get the same for friends travelling down same time but wanted to pick up and return at Orlando airport and the rate was over $1200. I thought that was very odd? I thought returning in Tampa was going to cost me extra!! I'm very happy and counting down the days now. :rotfl2:

I got a minivan from Alamo for pick up at Dolphin and return at Tampa airport for 3 weeks (June 20 - July 11) for $520 all included. I thought that was pretty amazing. Tried to get the same for friends travelling down same time but wanted to pick up and return at Orlando airport and the rate was over $1200. I thought that was very odd? I thought returning in Tampa was going to cost me extra!! I'm very happy and counting down the days now. :rotfl2:

Wow! Congrats!

Alamo rates are down today.....I just booked my friend for June 29-July 10. Full size for $188 incl tax. I used a Costco ID# and th $35 AA coupon.

Not for me.:sad2:
Just tried again for standard size June 23rd to July 1st, it was $443.
Still waiting for that price drop.

Good for you. It seems us unfortunate ones that return the car before July 4 are penalized. My rate from June 27 to July 3 is $254 for economy. It just goes up from there.

june 28 - july 3rd rates are $70 including taxes for a compact -

Although down today I cannot believe how high the prices still are. We are traveling June 22-July1 luckily a few weeks ago I came across an Alamo standard car that came to 115.00 withy taxes and booked it. Very happy I did as it is still well over 300 dollars now. I have been checking frequently but they are not budging much. I used Costco code-7015309 and AA coupon AD2359FDF. I had booked my husband a minivan for 159 a few weeks back. Good luck everyone!

june 28 - july 3rd rates are $70 including taxes for a compact -

Dont you just love it? They still charge a weekly rate for 5 days or so and one day later than my p/u date it is almost $200 less? ***? What is so special about that extra day?

My Alamo rates dropped again late last night. I canceled and rebooked myself at $159 June 30-July 13. I originally had a full size booked for $188 but the lower rate is for a midsize....could have still had a full size for $171. I decided that we can squeeze into the midsize to maximize the savings on the rate plus the gas. We might need a shoehorn to get our bags into the car but that's only going to be from the airport to the resort and back. The last time I was there the midsize isle was filled with HHR's so that's what I will hope for.

I also rebooked my friend....got her a full size for $141 from June 29-July10. I saved her another $40+.

Funny, this is the seocnd trip that I have found the best price near midnight on a Friday night. I didn't think that I would trump my all time best deal of $93 for a week. I'm currently sitting at $80/week. Can I do better ???:wizard: ???

Found a minivan out of MCO from June 16-23 on Hotwire for $221.85. Haven't booked it yet since it's final, but I doubt I'll find a better deal.
Glad I booked this. Haven't found anything cheaper, and Hotwire no longer has it for this price. And only 2 weeks to go! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter