• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

** June 2020 Check In **

We've canceled our June trip. I've known for weeks it wasn't going to happen but dragged my feet in canceling our room at Courtyard, but Marriott emailed me a few days ago saying the hotel would be closed that week (6/6) and they'd gone ahead and canceled my reservation and refunded our Bonvoy points.

If this is the worst thing that happens to my family during the pandemic we will be beyond lucky, but it's still a disappointment. We hope to go June 2021.

Be well, everyone!

We've canceled our June trip. I've known for weeks it wasn't going to happen but dragged my feet in canceling our room at Courtyard, but Marriott emailed me a few days ago saying the hotel would be closed that week (6/6) and they'd gone ahead and canceled my reservation and refunded our Bonvoy points.

If this is the worst thing that happens to my family during the pandemic we will be beyond lucky, but it's still a disappointment. We hope to go June 2021.

Be well, everyone!
Sorry to hear about your cancelled trip. Glad that Marriott returned your points. Agree with you that in the grand scheme of things, if a rescheduled or cancelled trip is the worst we experience, then we are quite fortunate. Hope to see you in the June 2021 thread!

List updated (4/20/20).

We have cancelled. Working on getting a refund for tickets. I guess we’re out the money for our DVC rental, well I guess we have a credit but i don’t know what good that does me.
I hope some of you will still be able to do your trips or reschedule them.

We have cancelled. Working on getting a refund for tickets. I guess we’re out the money for our DVC rental, well I guess we have a credit but i don’t know what good that does me.
I hope some of you will still be able to do your trips or reschedule them.
That is disappointing news about your trip. Have you been following the DVC threads about refunds? Other posters have mentioned getting good information there. As for your DLR tickets, did you buy trip insurance for them? We've had posters get refunds for tickets that way. Otherwise, the tickets do say that they are non-refundable. But they don't lose their original monetary value, no matter how long you hang on to them. Whenever you would be able to use them, you would be able to apply them toward new tickets and just pay the difference.

Just out of curiosity is everyone still making all their dining and entertainment reservations for June? We are set to arrive on 6/25 and I feel slightly ridiculous setting up all the times and pre paying for WOC dessert package. However, my bigger fear is not having those reservations and then the park surprisingly opens!

Just out of curiosity is everyone still making all their dining and entertainment reservations for June? We are set to arrive on 6/25 and I feel slightly ridiculous setting up all the times and pre paying for WOC dessert package. However, my bigger fear is not having those reservations and then the park surprisingly opens!

Until we cancelled, I operated like we were planning to go for anything that didn't require a payment. So I made all of our dining reservations as if we were going -- and then just dropped them when we decided to bail.

I have another week until my 60 days but yes I will make my reservations. I just checked though, WOC and Fantasmic Dining Packages are not available at all, however you can book Blue Bayou and Wine Country Trattoria, just the restaurants up until June 21. Might be something to keep an eye on.

Until we cancelled, I operated like we were planning to go for anything that didn't require a payment. So I made all of our dining reservations as if we were going -- and then just dropped them when we decided to bail.

I made all of my June reservations for sure! If they let me in I'll be there! (And mind you, I will be flying in from Wisconsin to do so!)

I'm actually pretty stoked if it works out - Afternoon tea, WOC dessert party, and 7am breakfast at the Plaza to start Saturday off right. Granted, I do realize that none of this may happen, but if it does, I want to be prepared!

Thank you for all the replies. With a party of 10, I have to speak to Disney Dining quite a bit. I will go forth and book those time slots when they are available. I still have credit on my AMEX from my March refund for WOC and I am sure they are wanting that to be used soon! Fingers crossed for June!

:sad: So, my Girl Scout troop is postponing our trip from June to July and we are crossing our fingers that July will actually happen. We waited until Newsom's press conference. Since there weren't specific dates with opening up, I figured June wasn't going to happen. Or if June did, it would be very limited. Please take me off the list. :-(

I still have all our reservations set. Plan to book Restaurant Reservations this week. Everything I have booked can be cancelled up to 3 days prior to our arrival, so will wait to see what happens. I also booked a July trip just in case the June one doesn't happen. Beyond that I am held until I know the kids school breaks schedule. Fingers crossed they open sometime this summer.

Scheduled 05/30 - 06/01. Gonna hold out hope it sticks.
Staying locally. Have plane tix.

Still hanging in there for 6/24-28. But my son and I did begin discussions on alternative dates in mid-July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter