• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 2023

Wilki

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
We’ve booked our trip for June as our 25th wedding anniversary is on the 27th June and we fly out on the 17th, staying at Port Orleans French Quarter for 14 nights. I know it’s a long way off but just a couple of questions, it I’ll be our 9th trip but first just as a couple!
What is it like in June? Weather, queues etc
Any suggestions on what to do on our anniversary day?
There will be more questions about the changes since we were last there in 2016 but I’ll save them for now 😀

Hello!

We went in June this year. Weather was usual for summer months, hot and humid with afternoon thunderstorms. We found the thunderstorms easy to navigate as they last a short time. With regards to the heat, we found cooling towels and regular breaks in the AC either in rides or restaurants to be invaluable. Also if you are an adult couple that would make it far easier to do late nights, which we loved! I can’t really comment on queues as I used a disability access pass, but it did seem crowded with long queues.Many have been putting this down to post covid kick back. Again I think you can work around this with lots of research on effective use of Genie + and early mornings/ late nights.

For a special anniversary evening I would choose to go to California Grill for dinner, if the budget allows. We loved the food and service and timed it so we could watch the MK fireworks from up there which felt very special. For somet cheaper we also loved dinner at Steakhouse 71.

Thank you both. We have been at the end of August and it seems like the weather is similar just the crowds busier. We talked about California Grill, is there a way to get window seats or is it first come first serve?
Thanks again for the replies

is there a way to get window seats or is it first come first serve?
AIUI you can ask. Probably best to phone them an hour or two before but otherwise ask at check-in.

I've not been in there yet but you need to be careful about 'window' as I think some views are not toward MK / the castle.
So if you are trying to get a fireworks view ask for that. If it's not at that time and you'd like a view over the water ... ... you get the picture.
If you eat (or have a reservation) there any time that day you can use the receipt or booking to access the outdoor viewing platform for the fireworks, which might actually be better/easier than a fireworks view table. (I'm conflicted as I have a table booking 55 mins before the fireworks - I may be too early to see them in the restaurant and too late to get to the viewing platform :scared: )

Our reservation was around an hour before the fireworks. We just asked them to hold off our desserts until after the fireworks and then we went out onto the balcony.
I would think you could request a fireworks view table, but they will probably say it’s not guaranteed. There are a lot of tables by the window so I would think it’s fairly likely, especially if you have a special occasion.We called a few days before and requested that our bookings of 4 and 3 were merged(we were unable to get a table for 7). This was successful and we had the most magical experience of our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter