June Trip Questions

KyMattDisney

Mouseketeer
Hi there...sooo excited about our first trip to DL this June (June 24-July 3rd)...we will be starting off in San Diego for 4 days and arriving at DLH on June 27th...few questions:

What are the dining spots not to missed for 1st time visitors?
What are the attractions not to miss?
Besides DL.....since we will be there 6 days...what local attractions (none amusement park) should be plan?
When will the parade/fantamic schedule be out?

Thanks!!!!

Traveling...family of 4...two boys, ages 10 & 5 ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Its almost univerally accepted that Blue Bayou is a DO NOT MISS for food in DL. We like to be more casual at DCA so Taste Pilots Grill is our favorite there. (Although the corn dogs are good too at Corn Dog King.) Ariel's Grotto seems to be a favorite too. (We hope to try that in Mid-June on our trip.)

Don't miss rides at DL- Just about all of the fantasyland dark rides, the mountains (splash, big thunder, matterhorn, space when it opens again), Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Indy and Jungle Cruise. Small World and Roger Rabbit's Toon Car Spin. Since they're new, Also look for big lines at Pooh and Buzz lightyear.
Last but not least, Star Tours.

DCA - TZ Tower of Terror, Soarin', Grizzly Run and California Screaming are the big 4. Great also is Muppets, Sun Wheel, Tough to be a Bug. Real ride commandos almost never leave the Paradise Pier area. (Except for the other biggies.)

If time and budget allow, take a guided tour of LA or Hollywood. At least 2 companies I know of offer free pickup at Anahiem hotels and offer about 10-20 different tours for all tastes. (The biggest is Starline Tours I think). Both companies also offer all day runs to San Diego (zoo, Sea World) and Tijuana. Costs range from $30-90pp for most tours.

Don't know when the parade schedule will come out. Stay tuned.

Bumping this up :Pinkbounc

KyMattDisney, it's our first time to CA and we have almost the same plans you have! I'm also interested in any and all suggestions!

Thanks! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter