Jungle Cruise Update Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good. I figured they'd be making some alterations with the movie coming, but it seems like they are keeping the general feel of things so it's all good.

I'll also ask the obligatory "do when know when it's closing" question.

Sooo, do we know when it's closing? :D
I wonder if this will be worked in rather than a closure. Doesn’t seem to be a big overhaul. Maybe a shorter refurb?

I'll also ask the obligatory "do when know when it's closing" question.

Sooo, do we know when it's closing? :D
Depending on how far along this was planned I wouldn’t be shocked if it closes in the near future to fast track an open between October 1st of this year and whenever the 50th celebration plans to end

Big Jungle Cruise nerd here and I like this. Feeling good about this refresh.

Same here - I like that it is leaning into the humor and the role of the skipper, which is my favorite part

So more humor, bigger role for skippers, and I am assuming some updated effects and refurbishment to elements that needed it, and removing cultural insensitive parts? Seems like a win-win

The People’s Attraction. Oh wait, they’re not giving us the Dwayne Johnson animatronics we all wanted 😔

personally, I see this refresh as being more necessary than Splash Mtn. The problems of Jungle Cruise are staring you right in the face, whereas without the internet, how many people would know what the Splash Mtn characters were based on? That being said, I’m glad they’re becoming progressive and resolving these issues in the attractions rather than hoping they go ignored and forgotten by the community.

As a former skip, I'm all for it and am happy that -- for the most part -- people seem to be embracing it.

I'm also happy/relieved that this redo will likely spare us of a full "Rock-ification" of the attraction for the next few years at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter