Just added on 300 pts at OKW direct with Disney at $135 per point thru 2057. Added magical beginnings and that reduced the price to $115 per point.

I am signing contracts for another 1000 points at $95 per point - no cheaper price in the last 20 years to get direct points. People keep saying they don’t want OKW, or to be stuck at OKW… that comment is irrelevant to me because I can be flexible with short term booking options. With enough points I can book cabins, bungalows, grand villas and 1 bd room villas at lots of places even 7 months out or less - I doubt I will ever stay at OKW.
You just really wanted to move up on the leader board, didn’t you? 😏 Congratulations !

Im sort of out of the loop
So if you buy OKW points direct through this current deal, can you use points at 7 month mark for all other resorts, only at certain ones, or only at OKW?

I am signing contracts for another 1000 points at $95 per point - no cheaper price in the last 20 years to get direct points. People keep saying they don’t want OKW, or to be stuck at OKW… that comment is irrelevant to me because I can be flexible with short term booking options. With enough points I can book cabins, bungalows, grand villas and 1 bd room villas at lots of places even 7 months out or less - I doubt I will ever stay at OKW.
ETA: never mind, I saw your earlier posts! What timing!

Did you start the process prior to the 249 point cap? Or have they lifted it again?

This is goals for sure! If only I could get my husband on board. 🤣

ETA: never mind, I saw your earlier posts! What timing!

Did you start the process prior to the 249 point cap? Or have they lifted it again?

This is goals for sure! If only I could get my husband on board. 🤣

I started process on last 1k points just before cap started… it was FOMO. My DW is turning cart wheels.

Anywhere, direct points are and will always be unrestricted.
Direct points are and will always be unrestricted

They currently can be used anywhere, but there is no guarantee that they will always be able to be used at all resorts. Currently the only thing a contract guarantees you is the ability to book at your home resort. Anything else is something that can be changed by Disney.

They have the availability to pick which resorts are included in the BVTC agreements that allow 7 month non home resort bookings. It would upset a lot of people, but they could change it or stop adding new resorts to it.

I'm not saying they will, and they probably won't change the ones that are currently part of it at least. But if they do lean into a trust product, the CFW resort and any newer may be part of a newer exchange program only within the trust in the future.

All I know is that I wouldn't bet on myself knowing exactly what Disney may or may not do in the future. They are unpredictable at times, and relying 100% on the 7 month resort swap agreements on a huge purchase would keep me up at night.

Last edited:
I’m kind of glad they restricted the OKW deals. Now I won’t be tempted. The more I thought about it, the more I decided we already have enough complexity to the resorts we own. Going to stick with the program and keep with the ones we own. Aulani will be our wildcard that we may add on in the coming years….

Congrats on the huge bucket of points. Will be fun.

Direct points are and will always be unrestricted

They currently can be used anywhere, but there is no guarantee that they will always be able to be used at all resorts. Currently the only thing a contract guarantees you is the ability to book at your home resort. Anything else is something that can be changed by Disney.

They have the availability to pick which resorts are included in the BVTC agreements that allow 7 month non home resort bookings. It would upset a lot of people, but they could change it or stop adding new resorts to it.

I'm not saying they will, and they probably won't change the ones that are currently part of it at least. But if they do lean into a trust product, the CFW resort and any newer may be part of a newer exchange program only within the trust in the future.

All I know is that I wouldn't bet on myself knowing exactly what Disney may or may not do in the future. They are unpredictable at times, and relying 100% on the 7 month resort swap agreements on a huge purchase would keep me up at night.
Do you tell kids that their puppy is going to die someday as soon as they get home from the pet store?

🤣 🤣🤣
lol Absolutely not.

But if they wanted to buy 10 puppies now so they are set for life... I might have to break the bad news 😔

I just do a lot of research and overanalyzing on anything major before purchasing lol
Yes they could restrict...but in the years of all timeshares...those that reduced are very few. And many were do to closure.
The revolt with DVC doing that would be too great i feel for them to even hint at it.

Yes they could restrict...but in the years of all timeshares...those that reduced are very few. And many were do to closure.
The revolt with DVC doing that would be too great i feel for them to even hint at it.
Yeah they probably won't change anything with the current list as I said. They would be more likely to stop adding in future resorts if they make them for the trust. That's the most likely change I could see, though even with that there would definitely be an uproar. It just depends if they think that would make them more money in the long run. Who know? Or they could specify for new resorts that direct points only from certain resorts can book it, etc (no OKWe or SSR for example)

A massive amount of direct OKWe points will probably be fine, I'm just saying they could change it if they want to. I would be more concerned with all the resale buyers getting into larger OKW and SSR for SAP points without wanting to stay there. The more contracts that are bought for those purposes, the more there will be a 7 month availability crunch at the original 14 resorts. Even worse after 2042 when some of them close, are resold, or whatever will happen to them.

We are looking at a 150 point contract at OKW under the current promotion, but as we don’t live in the US aren’t eligible for Magical Beginnings. Is the “developer’s credit” referred to on some DVC sites just another way of referring to the basic discount? Does anyone know what the best rate is at the moment for a 150 point contract for non-US residents? Is it just the $165 per point?

Yeah they probably won't change anything with the current list as I said. They would be more likely to stop adding in future resorts if they make them for the trust. That's the most likely change I could see, though even with that there would definitely be an uproar. It just depends if they think that would make them more money in the long run. Who know? Or they could specify for new resorts that direct points only from certain resorts can book it, etc (no OKWe or SSR for example)

A massive amount of direct OKW points will probably be fine, I'm just saying they could change it if they want to. I would be more concerned with all the resale buyers getting into OKWe and SSR for SAP points without wanting to stay there. The more contracts that are bought for those purposes, the more there will be a 7 month availability crunch at the original 14 resorts. Even worse after 2042 when some of them close, are resold, or whatever will happen to them.
I don’t think there will ever be a serious crunch for the Grand Villas, Bungalows, etc… so having a Jeff Bezos sized war chest of points insulates the owner significantly more from lockout risk than people who only have enough points for a studio or who are counting on a bank/borrow strategy.

….. or the owners could just stay in an OKW 1 bedroom for 3 months a year in the winter…. sounds pretty fabulous to me!

Last edited:
I don’t think their will ever be a serious crunch for the Grand Villas, Bungalows, etc… so having a Jeff Bezos sized war chest of points insulates the owner significantly more from lockout risk than people who only have enough points for a studio or who are counting on a bank/borrow strategy.

….. or the owners could just stay in an OKW 1 bedroom for 3 months a year in the winter…. sounds pretty fabulous to me!
Honestly, you could Airbnb your house/apartment for those 3 months and live at WDW and make a little money while at it…just found my new retirement plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter