Just ate at Le Cellier

pigletforever

DIS Veteran
Went to Le Cellier tonight. it was busy inside but we only had about a 3 minute wait to be seated.

Charlotte was our waiter and she was very friendly and attentive. DH and I had a drink. I had a Torontopolitan and DH had a very dark beer. both were good. Charlotte said that Le Cellier was trying to avoid switching to the new kids menu at all cost. They don't like it and know the guests don't want it. they have some of the food in (like apples).

For appetizers DS17 had the Price Edward Mussels and DH and I had the cheddar cheese soup. they brought DS4 the soup but he refused to try it so Charlotte was kind enough to go in the back and find him some apple slices.
the soup was alright but the mussels were outstanding.

For dinner DS17 and DH had the filet mingon with Mushroom rissoto and I had the new york strip. Both were pretty good. DS4 had chicken strips and fries. It was the first meal all week that he actually sat and ate a good deal of it.

For dessert DH and I had the Creme Brule sampler and DS17 had the double berry buckle. He thought it wsa better than the bite of Creme brule he had. I had a small glass of ice wine with dessert. I had always wanted to try it. It was good but it was too much with the dessert.

overall I give it an A-. Service was outstanding. If you are vacillating I say give it a try.

Thanks for the great review! We have 2 ADR's here for our trip! :banana: I can't wait, less than 2 weeks! :woohoo:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the review, I'm looking forward to our meal at Le Cellier in January. :banana:

Thanks for the review - we are eating there for our christmas eve supper and I was hoping it was a good choice.

:banana: :cheer2: :banana:

pigletforever said:
For appetizers DS17 had the Price Edward Mussels and DH and I had the cheddar cheese soup. they brought DS4 the soup but he refused to try it so Charlotte was kind enough to go in the back and find him some apple slices.
the soup was alright but the mussels were outstanding.

overall I give it an A-. Service was outstanding. If you are vacillating I say give it a try.

The Cheddar Cheese soup is usually outstanding (in our opinion of course). It has become one of our standards when we go to WDW. That and the Fish & Chips in the UK, must haves! Sounds like overall it was a great meal...

E

I am very impressed with your DS17 year old taste in food.

When I used to be youth pastor, I could only feed them pizza, McD's or chicken nuggets.

DS17 has always been adventrous with food. We lived in FL for 5 years when he was young and he thought everyone had calamari with dinner. He learned to eat peel and eat shrimp when he was 2. I think he has a more advnaced pallette than me. I only wish DS4 was willing to try new things. He is a chicken nugget/cheeseburger/pizza kid to the end. I have sworn with the next one I will do things differently.

Thanks for the review. I was waivering, but I am keeping my reservations we have in Jane. :cool1:

Its a tradition with my husband and I to eat at Le Cellier - everytime we go to DisneyWorld. The service is always outstanding, the food flavourful, and the Canadian pavillion is so nice to visit. We especially enjoy meeting cast members who are from our own town so that we can talk to them about their Disney employment experience.

Its a small world after all :rolleyes1

thanks for the review. We'll be eating there on our trip Thanksgiving week. I'm sure my DS11 will want to try those mussels.

We ate there on Monday night Oct 30 and had a Superbbbbb meal...The service was *VERY* slow, but the Yummy food made up for it ( the server was a younger kid and the next party he had also commented how slow he was..)
BUT AGAIN< the RST is SUPERB and food YUMMY, bUT Pricey too ( we had the dining plan so we were fine, but be prepared, our bill was 90.00 for 2 of us)
:thumbsup2

pigletforever said:
For appetizers DS17 had the Price Edward Mussels and DH and I had the cheddar cheese soup.

I ordered the PEI mussels for my appetizer for my 6-year-old daughter to have as an entree. She loved them and there were so many - perfect for her meal. She did share one with me and it was good (but a bit gritty, hopefully they weren't all that way...if they were she didn't complain about it). DS got the cheddar cheese soup and didn't love it - but I thought it was very good.

pigletforever said:
For dessert DH and I had the Creme Brule sampler and DS17 had the double berry buckle. He thought it wsa better than the bite of Creme brule he had.

I LOVED the creme brule for desert -- I am a sucker for creme brule in general, but prefer plain old vanilla. But the maple was - to me - superior to the vanilla. DH had the double berry buckle and enjoyed it.

pigletforever said:
If you are vacillating I say give it a try.

I totally agree - I thoroughly enjoyed EVERYTHING about our meal at LeCel!

Tracie

AllNamesTaken said:
Is there a steak on the kids menu?

We were there last Thursday and DS had the kids sirloin. With the way the menus are changing, I couldn't tell you if there is NOW one.

Tracie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter