Just back....and had an AWESOME time!!!

Randy Miller

Mouseketeer
Was it hot? Lol, yes....it's Florida in August for goodness sake! I came to the realization that your vacation is up to you. The peeps I saw that were depending on Disney to make it " magical" for them were indeed, the most miserable. They complained about EVERYTHING they didn't get, Rather than everything they did get! We stayed 9 days at POR with 5 "disney adults" , us and 3 kids 17, 15, and 13. Daughter fit fine in pu7ml down bed, no issues. She is 5'2" and about 120# we took air mattress for one, fit fine in room. Got mugs, worked great. A little annoying to line them up properly, but not a deal wrecker. Food was fine, great even, I don't know how most people eat, we are by no means " wealthy" as hubby is teacher working on doctorate and I stay at home with 5 kids ( only 3 came) but we found the food to be very typical of our life style. Did TIW instead of meal plan, worked out much better for us. Ate at Trails End, Ohana, kona and Boma. All food and service was EXCELLENT. Did we have to wait out turn for service at Ohana? Yes, it was crowded, but Cousin Ed did great with managing all the tables. We hit the parks with early EMH and walked on almost everything until lunch, then used fp+ and common sense till early afternoon and then took break for pool, arcade, laundry. Went back out for dinner and were asleep by 9 every night! Magic bands worked great, believe it or not, sometimes you gotta line those Mickeys up to make it green! Rooms were clean, bathrooms were clean, I didn't have to Lysol anything, we just used soap and water. After observing everybody, I realized it is up to you to have fun. It is Not Disney's responsibility to "give" you a magical vacation....no matter what you pay. People cut in line, and some cast members were grumpy, we just laughed at them and moved on. We had a truly awesome time!!

Love your philosophy. We too have come to realize it is all about focusing on what you get to do (and not what you miss) and enjoying all of the experience. I think sometimes people build it up to be the most wonderful, terrific, awesome vacation ever - and then how in the world can it actually live up to that? Glad you had a great time and now you have the memories forever!

You sound so much like us! Its sometimes hard to not let a few bad trip reports scare you about your upcoming vacation because it really is such a great place! If it weren't, they wouldn't be so busy all the time! Glad you had fun! We leave in 28 days!!!!!!!

Great report! I couldn't agree with you more........your breakdown of the "miserable people" is right on the money. :-) We go with the same attitude that you go with.......WE MAKE OUR VACATION pixiedust:

Doug :goofy:

Sorry we have sticky at top of page. Tells why we don't allow these threads here. Sorry Danny

Bus service was great! We drove and could have used car, but it was SO nice to have a freezing cold air conditioned bus waiting for you. 2 times had to wait about 15 minutes but plenty of cast members were coming up and telling us one was on the way via the radio system. We brought our refillable cups with us on the bus and then when empty stowed them in backpack and then got off bus by the food court and filled again. You can fill most of way, chug, fill more, chug again and then top off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter