Just back forom WL on 27th and ????

corvair

<font color=FF99FF>Doesn't need a fancy tag
I just got back from WL on Thursday any questions I will try to help answer.....corvair

How useful was all the answers you got in the WL FAQ thread to your trip?

Now that youve been there, what would you do better the next time round?

Are you writing the Trip report soon? ;-)

I think the inforomation on room location helped the most...I did not know that the food court was that small. It was OK. We did use room service. I am glad I was courtyard, I would say for me that was the best location because we were in the pool and hottub alot. we went down the hall and on the elevator and out the door to the pool...I loved the resort... I did not enjoy the boat to MK because I thought it was slow... They should have an option for a bus if you choose.. It was pouring raining so maybe I would of liked it better if not raining but it was slow. corvair

Corvair,

Did you use WDW transportation to go to or from DD?

We are trying to include a trip to Disney Quest and possibly Cirque this November. I was just wondering how long to plan to get to DD and then get back to WL after a 6-7:30p.m. show?

We will be at WL during Thanksgiving week, so I am expecting large crowds!

Thanks for sharing,
penny

We did go to DD and DQ, but we went from PO-FQ. We stayed there first.. I think from WL it would take awhile... We loved DQ, it was really fun..... covair

Please tell me the awful truth about the trans. I am thinking about giving up ressies at WL. and moving to the POLY. Because I follow 3 Dis. boards and everyone says the trans. is terrible to go anywhere, Mk boat and the busses. We have a 4 and a 6 year old we are going for both of their B-Days and I am sure that they will not like alone wait. I think 20 min for the boat or the bus is fine but longer is not and also what about when you get on the bus or boat how long does it take. My kids are very good but extra long trips are alot to ask. I am freaking out alittle sorry. Thank you B

BALAMAV....I would not change your ressies.... WL is beautiful... We only took the bus one time to Epcot... WE did wait about 25 or 30 minutes... there were other buses coming and going to the other parks... I think it would be like this any where... The boat was slow.. I would rather go on a bus... It was raining hard so it made the trip worse... We waited about 20 minutes for the boat and then about another 15 to 20 minutes to get to MK.. the boat was also very crowded. alot of people had to stand...but you sometimes have to stand on the bus too...

princess angel..... The atmosphere was great.... At first I was like OK this is it... but the place really grew on me... The CMs are very nice... the pool does not look very fun but it was pretty fun,,, the slide was alot more fun than it looked.... the hottubs were really great... very hot.. I loved it because it was raining.. They had pool games for kids in the afternoon... I was not crazy about the food court. I guess they figure you do not go to a deluxe for the food court.. the room service food was great.... would I go back again??? I have only been to disney 2 times,,,stayed at FR-QT and WL.. I would go back but I think I would like to try somewhere else too. corvair

Convair, did you use rm svcs? Wondered what type of menu and cost were involved. Thanks

Hi Pennyplanner & Balamav,
I may get blasted for this but I thought I would give you my opinion of the WL transportation. We were just there for 8 nights. It was nice, but we had stayed at the Poly before and I guess it really spoiled us. We won't be staying at the WL again....mostly because of the transportation. The boats going to MK were pretty crowded. They pick up at Fort Wilderness first, then come to WL. By the time they get to WL, they are so crowded. They only let about 15 people on the boat, then leave. The lines for the boats were so long. It took quite a few trips and about 45 minutes for us to make it. After that, we drove our car to Mk. Going to MGM was great. The bus picked up at WL first, then Fort Wilderness, then MGM. Going to Animal Kingdom was the absolute worst! It picked up at WL, then fort wilderness, then dropped off at Blizzard Beach, then finally Animal Kingdom. On the return trip back. it was BB, FW, then finally WL. It took nearly 45 minutes. We never rode the bus to Epcot or DD. After the AK experience with the buses, we started driving our car everywhere!

While we enjoyed our trip and thought the WL was pretty nice (despite the transportation), we will only be staying at a monorail resort from now on. The convenience is well worth the extra money! My husband is a tight-wad, and even he says we will be at either the Contemporary, Poly, or GF next time! We just loved being able to hop on those monorails!

And Bamalav, with small children.....I would definitely go for the Poly! We were even able to walk to the TTC when we wanted to go to Epcot and had just missed the monorail. Your choices are so much better! You will not be sorry if you switch to the Poly!

Good luck,
Kim

I was also at the WL June 21-27. The resort was charming, but the trandsportation left much to be desired. It rained most of our trip, so we stayed in thr resort more than planned. It was a relaxing place to stay.

About the transportation, I think that it would have been MUCH more efficient if WL didn't have to share EVERYTHING with FW. Every where we went was delayed due to multiple stops on the way. On the same note, I'm sure those staying at FW wish they didn't have to share transportation with WL!

Hopefully, Disney will recieve enough feedback to change this.

Allison
(former lurker)

DisneyAlisson..Where was you room location .. We we 3147... We were in the hottub and pool alot....What did you think of the resort.... would you stay thee again???????corvair

Cora's mom.. yes we did do room service for breakfast one day.. We loved it.. the prices were resonable... They have a full menu... Serving up until 12:00midnight... Steaks, ribs, sandwichs, drinks, salads, full dinners or just order separated things.. eggs, pancakes. waffles.. we had 3 eggs, bacon, hash browns. pancakes. bacon and a pot of coffee.. our bill was like $20.00..I thouht that was reasonalbe... they did add 18% service on that.. I gave another 5 dolllars... It was well worth it.. we wanted to do it again but ran out of time.....corvair

Corvair,
We were in room 4073. It was one of the courtyard rooms at the bottom part of the "U". It was right behind the large fireplace in the lobby. The room was outstanding. It was a king bed room. We couldn't have asked for a better view. We really loved the atmosphere of the lodge.

The only negative experience we had was the transportation. It took alot longer to get places with all of the extra stops at FW. Also, it made the busses/ boats more crowded. Our last night (6/26) at MK was crazy. We had to wait an hour to get on the boat back to WL.

I have also stayed in Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs. Their buses seemed to be much more efficient. I guess it is because they don't have the extra stops along the way.

I think that we would stay at WL again. However, I would try to research the transportation again as my trip got closer. If I was still hearing lots of complaints, then I might consider another resort.

Allison:rolleyes:

Thanks, Kim I think you have just pushed us in the right direction. I took the girls to see LILO and STITCH and I asked them if they wanted to stay at the lodge with bunkbeds or if the wanted to stay at Stitches House they said Stitch so. I think I will switch. I have not heard any bad remarks about the Poly trans. Thanks again B

...I would carefully consider all points about changing resorts before actually doing so. First of all, does anyone suffer from allergies? (especially from mold spores and such) If so, stay away from the Poly. You see, it is one of the original WDW resorts, and it is a "prefab". That is, the hotel was put together in sections of prefabricated rooms. Unfortunately, though, some moist air was trapped between the walls, and now there is an ongoing problem concerning an "odor" that radiates from time to time. If you aren't in any of these "pesky" areas, no big deal. But some highly sensitive allergy sufferers should be aware of this.
IMHO, I have stayed at DxL and CSR, and, they too had transportation problems. DxL shared the buses with POR and the bus trips were lengthy. Also, CSR ALWAYS stopped at BB and BW. So, unless you are staying at a monorail location, you will probably have minor problems no matter what your destination is. The only resort I stayed at where there was not a problem was the Dolphin ~ it was within walking distance to both Epcot and MGM. The bus, however, DID make stops at BC/YC and the Swan before going to any other particular location (ie: MK, DD).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter