Just back from 6 days at DD Marriott!!!

LoDivaLoca

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell <font color=teal>W
Hey everyone - I just got back from "The World" (and this 'real' world stinks...lol). We stayed at the DD Marriott - we were in room 1213. We had a view of Dowtown Disney from the balcony. It was a nice place, but I was sure glad I only forked over $25/nite (when the FIRST deal came out - before the $29 or $35). There was NO "Disney magic" there, sorry to say.... this is what I really didn't like about it. BUT I was glad to be on property at all. :) But most definately I will opt to save up MUCH money next time for a deluxe at WDW.

If anyone has any questions, lemme know!

We're not expecting to experience the Disney magic here, but are hoping for a decent hotel. Please tell me that it was o.k. otherwise.

What about the employees? Were they helpful? How was the hotel as far as cleanliness? Was your room comfortable? How about the pool area? What was it like?

Thanks so much for any info!

By the way--welcome back to the real world!

Hi Goldie -

I found the place to be pretty clean - no real complaints, I mean the shower wasn't BRAND new, but still clean all & all. The rest of the hotel (Lobby, etc.) seemed kept up - again, nothing special, just your average hotel. (I guess I was expecting more from a 'Courtyard' hotel instead of your standard Marriott). The staff was very friendly, and very helpful (nice bonus). I only went to the pool area one nite - around 10-ish, and it seemed pretty nice (it was heated) - and there wasn't too many people in it at the time. There's 2 pools and one is a little bigger than the other. The smaller one is the one that is heated. All & all an enjoyable visit - but again, nothing out of this world.

If you're looking to stay on property & not spend an arm & a leg, I would recommend it then.

I hope that helps! Lemme know if you have any further questions!!

-Alex

That helps a LOT! I feel much better. Thank you. We stayed at Grosvenor and were very disappointed. That's why we're not expecting much this trip.

One more question...was there a coffee pot? Was is a 4 or 10-cup?

Hi Goldie - I'm not a coffee drinker, but I remember one of my friends messing around w/the coffee pot, and it seemed pretty small - like a 4 cup I would say....

Have fun!

Thanks! I'm bringing my own coffee--can't stand the hotel stuff--and filters. Now I know which size to bring! You've been very helpful.

Just got back two weeks ago and it was Maxwell House coffee in the room. Overall, it was a nice hotel. The rrom was clean, but very plain furniture . It did have haridryer, iron, safe, etc. a nice size Disney Store and helpul staff. Have fun!!!!!

Glad to help anytime!

Also, there was a decent sized (maybe 10 in x 10 in) safe in the room - unlike the MINI, MINI one they have at the AS resorts.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter