Just back from Disney Cruise

lovedamickey

Earning My Ears
My partner and I just got back from the Eastern Caribbean Cruise. It was our first cruise and more than anything we expected! Key West was a bit of a disappointment. We had no idea that it was so commercialized. We did eat at a restaurant called Square One owned by a great guy named Michael and they had good food. Grand Cayman was nice. The Atlantis (men’s gay cruise) docked there for the first time and the islanders were outside to protest. Some of the men thought that they were welcoming them. Grand Caymanian’s have a lot to learn about protesting! We swam and fed the sting rays and we highly recommend this activity. Take an underwater camera.

Nassau was fabulous. The island is very clean and for the most part, the islanders friendly. The vendor’s at the Straw Market were very pushy and aggressive. We were approached by polite and nicely dressed taxi cab drivers when we got off the boat that offered to take us on a tour around the island, including Pleasure Island. We highly recommend this also as apposed to a more formal bus like sightseeing tour.

Castaway Cay was the best part. The beach was great and there are plenty of chairs on the adult beach. Make sure to go early though so you don’t have to walk down the beach too far. If you snorkel out to where there are what appears to be boat parts underwater you will find plenty of fish. Again, take an underwater camera to capture them on film.

The best part of the cruise was meeting another couple on the second day that we clicked with. We changed seating arrangements so that we could dine together and did several activities together. It also worked well not to have to stop total strangers to take our pictures! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the report! Sounds fun. I have never cruised and was considering this itinerary for a 2007 trip.

I am so jealous & totally jonesing for another cruise. We went on our first DCL last Oct. and I still haven't settled down! :goodvibes I can't wait to go again. I was soo depressed when we first go home, that there were times when I cried cause I missed it all so much. I know I know pretty pathetic. When we got our Castaway Cay member kit with the CD that has the ships horn on it I broke down. I haven't listened to it for awhile, maybe I am well enough to now! lol :confused3 Glad you had such a wonderful trip and thanx for sharing with us! Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter