Just back from DL/DCA from our kids first trip!!

BCmomma

Mouseketeer
So we were at DL/DCA this past week and were at the parks on Aug 20,21 and 22. This was the first trip for our two girls, aged 5 and 2.5. They LOVED it!!! My oldest surprised me and went on most of the rides, even the scary ones ;-) with the exception of The Hollywood Tower of Terror...eep. But she loved all the others that she could go on so my DH is thrilled now to have another roller-coaster-lover to go on with (I hate coasters LOL).

Only downside was that our 2.5yr old couldn't go on several rides; instead of taking advantage of the ride swap we just did fast passes and sometimes when DH took DD5 on a ride DD2.5 and I would go on a different one so really, it worked out fine. Pirates was a HUGE hit and between the 3 days we went on it 7 times. DD2.5 kept yelling "more ride" at the end of it, so cute.

We stayed at Best Western Anaheim Inn and while it's not fancy, it was fine for us. The walk could not be beat, the rooms were clean,the noise minimal and although the pool was small we took advantage of it 2 or 3 times. On Tuesday and Wednesday we returned to the hotel for a rest and swim for a couple of hours but on Thursday, our last day, we powered through and did not leave, which meant we were at the parks from 9:15am until closing at 11pm!!! And DD2.5 finally had a quick nap in line around 7:30pm!!

On our last day we also finally snagged fast passes for RSR; we pulled them just before 9:30am and got 6:15pm return times! DD5 and I went on first and then DH went on - loved it!! Although I have to say I'm glad we got fast passes because no way would we have waited 80 minutes in line for that ride (or any ride for that matter).

It was HOT HOT HOT while we were there (hence why we will be returning in March 2016 and not August 2016 LOL) so we tried to catch shows in the afternoons when we could - Disney Jr live was a big hit, Aladdin was so well done!! Captain Eo tribute...oh my god...the cheese factor! Seriously it was horrible, but we enjoyed the air conditioning all the same ;-)

Anyway, just wanted to quickly jot down some of our highlights; cannot wait to return with our girls in approx 2.5yrs for another visit when they are both a bit older and can go on every ride!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter