Just back from OKW

ohiominnie

<font color=teal>It's interesting when you google
I'll post a longer trip report later, but just couldn't help but post a quick note about our FIRST trip as DVC members!!!

It was AWESOME!!!! OKW is beautiful!!! That's an understatement!! Our 2 BR was just LOVELY!! and HUGE!!! It was me, dh, dd (6), ds (4) and SIL (13) It ended up our kids slept with us in the king sized bed, leaving the 13 yr old with a HUGE bedroom to herself...not to mention her own bath!!!

Went over to BWV to sign papers for our add on. That seemed like a fun place. We prefer quieter atmospheres, but may try out the BWV someday in the future. We did spend a couple of hours on the beach by Beach Club/Stormalong Bay just admiring how BEAUTIFUL the Boardwalk was though!! We watched as it lit up for the night! Went to VWL (twice) to gawk at the model (our home resort) Just SPLENDID!

I can't get over the accomodations at DVC resorts!! We can't wait to go back.....in fact, we AREN'T waiting! Our next planned trip was supposed to be in December, but we've decided to go on an adult only trip in August. I *never* thought I'd leave my kids at home and go to Disney, but I'm SOOOO excited!

Will write more specifics later...

ohiominnie :p

What building were you in? We were there last week too (1 bedroom - bldg 28) and I kept saying, I wish I could just live here!:cool:

Debbie,
We were in building 56. Room 5632 to be exact. The only complaint I have is how many STEPS we had to lug our luggage, groceries, and sometimes sleeping children up!!!! We were (?) 100 feet from a bus stop....yes, we heard the buses when we were on the balcony but it wasn't objectionable....the convenience of having the bus stop close outweighed the occasional noise of a bus. We had a quiet pool right around the back of our building. We would definitely request that building again. :)

FWIW, I'd rather hear an occasional bus while on my patio than be woken up by lawn mowers or sprinklers on the golf course. :)

ohiominnie :p

p.s. I also wished we could just live there...but then the room wouldn't be so beautiful. It'd be filled with our clutter!!! :)

It sounds like your first impressions of OKW are similar to ours. We love our home resort, although on our last WDW trip, we opted for 3 nights at the BoardWalk Villas. I must say that both resorts are wonderful. My DW cried tears of joy the first time we saw "home". We had purchased over the phone without actually seeing the resort. It was better than the video. When we thought about building a new home, we actually considered trying to put some elements of OKW into the design. I guess that all bedrooms does not make for a practical home design and I agree that we too would soon fill our "home" with clutter. I'm glad that you had such a good time and I can see that you are definitely hooked. Now the only struggle will be how NOT to buy more add-on points. Welcome Home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter